Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Support's owner verification method

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    luckily there’s much more then just the answer to this question that can result in an account recovery.
    You know announcing all this information also plays into a phishes hand as he would know just exactly what kind of informations he should obtain from a target.

So it’s kinda odd to zoom into 1 aspect of it and scrutinize this as it single thing has.

Furthermore account recovery is there in case someone loses their account. It would also help if people don’t lose their account in the first place. It’s quite possible to have a clash career and never need recovery.
    I agree, but this still is a key information. Other information required can be found much easier. Can't debate further without giving more details on recovery process.

This weird process doesn't inspire me enough trust to switch to SC ID. I prefer losing my accounts rather than discussing with Support.
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 16th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I agree, but this still is a key information. Other information required can be found much easier. Can't debate further without givign more details on recevery process.

This weird process doesn't inspire me enough trust to switch to SC ID. I prefer losign my accounts rather than discussing with Support.
    I certainly do understand that the process isnít all that transparent nevertheless I can also understand why it canít be.
    I also understand that people are reluctant but I do think that hearing all these stories on the forums and other places isnít helpful as we never hear the full story unless we hear both sides which most donít.

Either way that leaves us with the question I asked earlier. Whatís the alternative ?
    Every solution which doesnít involve a full identification process is debatable in the end and can be abused.
    But a full identification process is far from realistic.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    I certainly do understand that the process isn’t all that transparent nevertheless I can also understand why it can’t be.
    I also understand that people are reluctant but I do think that hearing all these stories on the forums and other places isn’t helpful as we never hear the full story unless we hear both sides which most don’t.

Either way that leaves us with the question I asked earlier. What’s the alternative ?
    Every solution which doesn’t involve a full identification process is debatable in the end and can be abused.
    But a full identification process is far from realistic.
    I would think it's too late for a good alternative, after all these years without SC ID.

Apple/Google that won't let people tell which purchase is for which account doesn't help much neither. When bad things happen, for me it all comes down to how the company has prepared their players for when they need them.

I'm not asking for total transparency, but at least a few guidelines of how they could help. We can debate that we don't know all the stuff that goes behind the scenes, I guess the bad guys would always kinda know how. In the end, naÓve players or non tech-savvy ones got scammed, tricked, abused.

It's very natural to use a second account to try recover the one with problem, and be accused of phishing. If there were big red text "never pretend to recover another account through your account" , would good will people even try to? Just like using anther phone to call the hotline when your own phone doens't work anymore.

Sometimes I feel like there are just traps all over Support, waiting for some lost or ill-advised players to fall into.

Too much headach for kitty little head. Hugs, calling it a night .

Quite a portion of the player base is free to play so this wouldnít work for any of them.

The last purchase can also mean that the account has been shared or given away and the current holder of the account can provide that info but it doesnít meant heís the original owner. Start date has to go back to the original owner who downloaded and created the account.
    True enough. All things I didn't think of. I tried. Pretty clearly, this is why I don't work in this field. lol
    Check out My Village

gold pass is good proof that you consecutively bought in your own email addresss
    show them the receipt you received from supercell

second if you have change name IGN you can say your previous IGN is this... they can verify that I think its in their or your record
    Last edited by KJ; May 17th, 2021 at 02:50 AM.

Quite a portion of the player base is free to play so this wouldnít work for any of them.
    Well, free to play players already have no proper access to support, so this would make zero difference.

I also understand that people are reluctant but I do think that hearing all these stories on the forums and other places isnít helpful as we never hear the full story unless we hear both sides which most donít.
    Discussion with support are not allowed to be spoken on these forum so how we will get to know full story?

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    gold pass is good proof that you consecutively bought in your own email addresss
    show them the receipt you received from supercell

second if you have change name IGN you can say your previous IGN is this... they can verify that I think its in their or your record
    See quote below on why that won't work.

Quite a portion of the player base is free to play so this wouldn’t work for any of them.

The last purchase can also mean that the account has been shared or given away and the current holder of the account can provide that info but it doesn’t meant he’s the original owner. Start date has to go back to the original owner who downloaded and created the account.

Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    Discussion with support are not allowed to be spoken on these forum so how we will get to know full story?
    That makes zero difference, people will still give an incomplete account that makes themselves look more favorable. Showing something as the transcript gives it undeserved credibility - which is one of the reasons we have such a rule.

Well we could make a very long story about the account creation date and itís controversy about asking that..
    Quite often players do remember what lead up to them installing a game for the first time and especially a game theyíre invested in over years will be memorable what lead to the initial down load in the first place. but ok I can certainly understand many of situations where players canít.

A little warning however, we never know how support will act or react exactly unless weíve dealt with it first hand. Plus your experience might be different from mine when we do both experience an account recovery process.

That being said keep in mind that account creation date is only part of the process. If you can present a case that can convince the support agent you are the rightful owner of the account then you wonít have to provide the exact date. We also donít know what goes on behind the scenes. If you contact them from the one and only device etc the account has ever seen then the process will be a lot smoother then when itís a brand new device connected to a different AppStore halfway across the world.

I will say this.. account recovery is not a guessing game. So if youíre in that situation be truthful. Tell them you donít remember that far back, tell them this is account 22 of 25 and you donít remember when youíve started them all of whatever the reason is. But do not just take stabs in the dark and say it was December when it was May. Taking guesses makes them all the more suspicious.

But anywho as I started we can make a long case about account creation date but what are the alternatives ?
    What can they ask of you so you can prove youíre the truthful owner and remember it must be something thatís not visible to everyone who just looks at your base.
    Saying that the start date is a valuable piece of information is totally accepted but your logic that people remember it is quite funny. You thinking that people start playing games at important events is hilarious.
    People start playing a game not planning to play it for years. lol. They don't plan "I'm going to install a game to play 10 years. Let me get a piece of paper and write down the date and other info."
    People install the game because their friends introduce it most of the time, or they see a review on the internet, or the app pops up when they are looking for a game to play etc. Nobody normal would try to remember the date they install the game.
    Continuation of the game depends on the activity, challenges, the multiplayer involvement etc., and that's something that's decided as the game goes on. Not when you install the game.
    Your kind of arguments show that the shutting down of the forum won't be much of a loss.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.