Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: It has been more than a month since the Town hall 14 update, what are your thoughts?

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by igorlavnikovic26 View Post
    For me the time required for new upgrades is just too long. I keep reaching a point where all 6 builders are busy and I've got full storages. I only like to do hero upgrades when I have a book because attacking without them sucks.
    I think the upgrade times are bearable with gold pass. Without it, Iíd lean towards the side that they are indeed a bit long.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I think the upgrade times are bearable with gold pass. Without it, I’d lean towards the side that they are indeed a bit long.
    I’m a bit torn on this one. On the one hand, it is a little frustrating when all of my builders are busy and my storages are overflowing (with just doing my 8 legends attacks). On the other hand, finishing it all faster and having nothing to upgrade until the next big update is also frustrating.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I’m a bit torn on this one. On the one hand, it is a little frustrating when all of my builders are busy and my storages are overflowing (with just doing my 8 legends attacks). On the other hand, finishing it all faster and having nothing to upgrade until the next big update is also frustrating.
    The latter made me take a break for one year and a half, so I agree with you.

Iím a bit torn on this one. On the one hand, it is a little frustrating when all of my builders are busy and my storages are overflowing (with just doing my 8 legends attacks). On the other hand, finishing it all faster and having nothing to upgrade until the next big update is also frustrating.
    I agree I do not think people who complain about how long it takes to upgrade something are realizing that if it upgraded faster you would have a year or so of nothing to upgrade. I buy the season pass that speeds things up and I predict my base will be maxed at the end of summer or early fall. That means I will be waiting another year or so for a TH15. Gets kind of boring.

Centennial Club
    I only wish that upgrade times for storages were shorter, rest is fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjask View Post
    I agree I do not think people who complain about how long it takes to upgrade something are realizing that if it upgraded faster you would have a year or so of nothing to upgrade. I buy the season pass that speeds things up and I predict my base will be maxed at the end of summer or early fall. That means I will be waiting another year or so for a TH15. Gets kind of boring.
    The game has more to offer than just farming and hitting the upgrade button though.

When I started playing coc in 2015, progression kept me playing, but my focus shifted towards wars very soon and later to legend league once operation blue skies dropped.

And both of these are generally not as enjoyable when you have especially heroes or pets down. The long upgrade times and the unnecessary high amount of pet levels are more of an annoyance for me and a cheap, artificial way to keep players busy.

I know I will enjoy the game much more once I'm maxed again, but I'm still far away from that. And I don't really get the chance to catch up, as we are most likely getting a new update this month.

Agree and people who follow this forum a lot are sick of hearing me say this, but it is almost closed down so here goes again: I really think SC should add a new “bank” that excess loot goes into. By excess, I mean when we raid a base and can’t store it, clear our collectors but can’t store it, get war bonus but can’t fit it in, etc. That bank can be used to buy only cosmetic things, nothing that impacts game play, and it is very expensive. For example, a very cool statue that costs 500 million gold/elix combined. Because it is ONLY excess loot, it would have no negative impact on the economy. This loot currently just disappears. As a legends player, I also sort of think it would be a cool perk for only legends players and that would also counter the possibility that people farming for excess loot in lower leagues end up taking loot away from people who need it.

As a player that really likes the base building part of the game, this would go a long way to helping me feel more entertained when my storages are full and I have no way to store any of the loot gained.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Banned
    Agree and people who follow this forum a lot are sick of hearing me say this, but it is almost closed down so here goes again: I really think SC should add a new “bank” that excess loot goes into. By excess, I mean when we raid a base and can’t store it, clear our collectors but can’t store it, get war bonus but can’t fit it in, etc. That bank can be used to buy only cosmetic things, nothing that impacts game play, and it is very expensive. For example, a very cool statue that costs 500 million gold/elix combined. Because it is ONLY excess loot, it would have no negative impact on the economy. This loot currently just disappears. As a legends player, I also sort of think it would be a cool perk for only legends players and that would also counter the possibility that people farming for excess loot in lower leagues end up taking loot away from people who need it.

As a player that really likes the base building part of the game, this would go a long way to helping me feel more entertained when my storages are full and I have no way to store any of the loot gained.
    Your idea would probably make me rethink of going into legends league, but as of right now I donít see a point - I do far more than 8 attacks a day, and goodness knows I can use all the loot I get, as all but heavy defenses of mine are TH12, including walls. Keeping one builder free is the only way for me to progress at the moment, as walls are quite pricey but even that in mind, I think your idea could work even in Titan league.

Agree and people who follow this forum a lot are sick of hearing me say this, but it is almost closed down so here goes again: I really think SC should add a new ďbankĒ that excess loot goes into. By excess, I mean when we raid a base and canít store it, clear our collectors but canít store it, get war bonus but canít fit it in, etc. That bank can be used to buy only cosmetic things, nothing that impacts game play, and it is very expensive. For example, a very cool statue that costs 500 million gold/elix combined. Because it is ONLY excess loot, it would have no negative impact on the economy. This loot currently just disappears. As a legends player, I also sort of think it would be a cool perk for only legends players and that would also counter the possibility that people farming for excess loot in lower leagues end up taking loot away from people who need it.

I think that is not a bad idea. I also think a bank like that could be used to donate loot to fellow clan mates.

I think that is not a bad idea. I also think a bank like that could be used to donate loot to fellow clan mates.
    That would change it from an idea that has only upside (other than the coding time to create it) into one that could be abused by player using that loot to quickly build up mini accounts (assuming one agrees that is abuse). That said, if my bank idea was limited to legends, that would also limit the ability to abuse it if your change was added. I think loot donation is too complicated of an issue, though. Allowing us to buy decorations with wasted loot isn’t controversial like loot donation is.
    Last edited by 2222; June 6th, 2021 at 07:25 PM.