Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: It has been more than a month since the Town hall 14 update, what are your thoughts?

Millennial Club
    Must say players in my clan are not exactly impressed. Pets on paper are nice...but they aren’t game changing....you still attack as before. The feedback has also been that defences are on top which means attacking is very frustrating. Overall folks in my clan were happier before the update.... Yes offence will catch up....but in the meantime it’s not good...

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    If a new game was released and hit those stats the developers would be ecstatic and think they were wildly successful. I think It would be hard to call CoC failing/dieing after those results 9 years in.
    I never said it's dieing. It's just that it's among the top, not THE top.

Frankly, I’m bored with this half update, or maybe just disappointed and underwhelmed? Either way, it’s novelty has already worn off for me big time!

Why aren’t there new troops? Why aren’t there new levels of existing meta troops? Why aren’t there new mechanics on offence? Why aren’t there new spells? Where are some new strategies? Where is the excitement on offence?

I mean, this was supposed to be an update, no? We’re doing exactly the same thing we were doing at th13, only at th14 now. And look, I’m not expecting SuperCell to reinvent the wheel at every new town hall level, but c’mon, give us something new, this is ridiculous.

Yes, the pets are an interesting, potentially a good idea, but they’re almost useless. It’s nice that my lv3 unicorn heals I think 56 hp, but when the hero is being hit with like 1000 dps, the unicorn is all but meaningless. Same with the Lassi, the Owl and the Yak. The pets do to little damage and get killed much to quickly to be considered anything more than a gimmick.

It’s nice that heros got more levels, but it just more of the same. Why not create multiple abilities per hero so we can pick and choose which one we want to use?

Same thing on defence. When are we getting the other half of the update? Where is the big, signature town hall 14 defence? Don’t get me started on these dumb little builder huts. Lets be clear, they are not a signature defence. They only exist to counter one spell, and one spell only. You could easily make the case that they should be a normal part of the game and exist at all town hall levels starting at say…th9 or 10. If you’re not using earthquake spells, again, they are all but useless because their healing ability isn’t even in the same realm as an armies attack dps. It’s like, instead of giving us something new and useful, they’re giving us a solution to a problem they created by introducing earthquake spells in the first place, and are trying to pass the builder huts off as something revolutionary!

I don’t know…I could go on and on, but what’s they point? It just seems as if SuperCell is running out of ideas fast. I had really high hopes for this update, but so far, in my opinion, it has been an utter disappointment. And no I’m not going to stop playing. I don’t think the game is dying. I’m not tired, I don’t need a break, and my clan is still going strong.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 883 fair play wins and counting...

I think the new additions are a good idea..
    Sure, they dont make lots of difference at present, but why would they?
    Given time, they can grow into something that will give another dimension to the game..
    At the moment, pets are too weak to make a difference, and the healing effect of builders comes up short..
    But an extra 5 defensive structures that almost match archer towers power must surely count for something.

I also preferred the easier, offensive friendly th13..
    I am more of a farmer than warrior, so I guess those 3s move beyond my reach again..
    But I would suggest there was plenty of noise made within community forum that the game had become too easy..
    Well, maybe SC listened, and here we are..

I shrug.. The way we war, if we are struggling with th14, then so will our opposition.

All in all, I am content thus far..
    Time will tell which way the balance will swing with further updates..
    Still feeling gutted nobody will be discussing it here tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It doesn't require 8 attacks every day to stay in low legends, but, yes, if you have so little time to play that you can't stay in low legends then it really isn't an option for you. With that little time to play you won't make enough loot in lower leagues to keep everything busy either. However, in the end, it isn't a big deal. There is no prize for maxing out fast. Just play where you like and don't worry about the time it takes to get to max if you don't plan to play that much.
    The issue is not so much total play time, as *each day*. I can manage quite a few attacks, but mostly on week-ends and 2 days a week. Hence my preference for a week-based (and lighter) workload. I'm (barely) able to keep all builders busy for now, with the help of the gold pass.

I think the state of the TH14 is biased towards defense right now, at least for those players that didn’t buy max heroes and pets. When TH14 first came out, the hero boost had everyone running around with max heroes and mid-level pets, and the defenses weren’t yet upgraded. That spawned most of the “TH14 is too easy” comments. Now most of us haven’t maxed the offense yet and most of the key defenses on good bases are max or close to it. The TH poison buff means that funneling the army to the TH is a losing strategy. Overall, now that the first few weeks have passed, I find TH14 much harder so far than TH13.
    Last edited by rvMatt; May 18th, 2021 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They are unlikely to shut the game down, or stop development, while they have 30 million+ active users.

From everything we have been told, activity has been rising over the last year or two, not falling.
    I'm not saying it will be immediate, but as a mobile game there's a limit to what you can add to the game. There shouldn't be excessive buildings, and there's a limit to the stuff you have to deploy during an attack. I think it will go to some kind of console mode, leaving the mobile version behind. That way they can add the subscription fee on top of other merchandise already in the store, and make it exclusive, and go a long way.
    But there they will have to face more advanced games already played on consoles. I think SC will surely try to lure at least a few hundred thousands of players from that 30 million.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Good luck with finding another game as your journey with CoC has run its course.
    Thank you and I will send you an invitation to join. That will save your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    For past 2 weeks clash of clans is grossing on number 1 in play store
    Surely the best time to shut down the game 
    Are you sure it doesn't include the downloads of the last update? I think it does.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    I'm not saying it will be immediate, but as a mobile game there's a limit to what you can add to the game. There shouldn't be excessive buildings, and there's a limit to the stuff you have to deploy during an attack. I think it will go to some kind of console mode, leaving the mobile version behind. That way they can add the subscription fee on top of other merchandise already in the store, and make it exclusive, and go a long way.
    But there they will have to face more advanced games already played on consoles. I think SC will surely try to lure at least a few hundred thousands of players from that 30 million.
    I'm not convinced SC will go down the console route.

They have based their business entirely on the mobile games market, and that is still very strong.

There is no doubt that eventually clash will die - that is true of every game, and clash has already lasted far longer than most. But I doubt they will try to port it to consoles.

Thank you and I will send you an invitation to join. That will save your time.

Are you sure it doesn't include the downloads of the last update? I think it does.
    Top grossing isn't about downloads, it is about money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm not convinced SC will go down the console route.

They have based their business entirely on the mobile games market, and that is still very strong.

There is no doubt that eventually clash will die - that is true of every game, and clash has already lasted far longer than most. But I doubt they will try to port it to consoles.

Top grossing isn't about downloads, it is about money spent.

I remember Darian answering this question a few months or years back, and to the best of my memory he said the same. But he also added "not yet" decided that way. That makes me curious.
    My bad I thought we were talking about top downloads, didn't notice it was about grossing.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchupitchu View Post
    Must say players in my clan are not exactly impressed. Pets on paper are nice...but they aren’t game changing....you still attack as before. The feedback has also been that defences are on top which means attacking is very frustrating. Overall folks in my clan were happier before the update.... Yes offence will catch up....but in the meantime it’s not good...
    If your mates are waiting/thinking offense will "catch up," unfortunately, it usually works the opposite way. Defense is the slower part of the new upgrading. The balance will continue to tip more and more toward defense as time goes on until the next update. If that next update only adds defense (we have seen the look of the new archer towers, air defenses, etc.) then again defense will continue to get stronger. If some offense is added too, assuming it isn't a huge game changing offense, then there will be a short-lived blimp on the path where the balance tips toward offense (because players will use books/hammers to upgrade that new troop/spell level), and then it will go back to shifting more toward defense as it takes players much longer to max out defense than to max out one ore more army combos.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.