Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 142

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: It has been more than a month since the Town hall 14 update, what are your thoughts?

  1. #91
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    If that were true, it would have been stopped long ago.

    But we have gone far enough down that route. I don't think there is anything more to be said about that without it just getting too negative.
    Fair enough, but then it's not attacking individuals which you pointed out, isn't it?

    That's different with repeatedly discussing the same thing over and over again, which I fully agree to your point that we should stop the discussion before turning too negative.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; May 21st, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

  2. #92
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I don't feel the need to give solid statistics to disprove George observations, when in the first place the statistics that George used is not even close to solid.
    If 5 attacks is solid statistics, then I could simply select 5 of my successful defense against Armies with Super Troops that resulted in less than 3 stars, and counter state that Super Troops in the Armies are for less skillful attackers, no? But that's not going to bring forward the discussion which is why I will not try it at all.

    I am not saying George is not allowed to share his own experience or observations, but just don't sell it as that's the same for everyone else.
    I believe he used 32 attacks as his example, regardless the bottom line is, someone can say based on their experience what they observe, I have done it numerous times. You cannot dispute it, you could say that in your experience you have not had that experience yourself, but you cannot deny what he has said has not happened to him or others. It was just a simple observation made by a single player nothing more, it didnít even need to be refuted and thrown out of proportion, which is what you guys have done.

    You guys want to argue about supertroops?

    Here is my statement on them, supertroops have put a big dent in the game, I was going to say ruined, but that would be harsh. Supertroops were brought in to try and find a way that max players could use up some DE while at the same time try and find some balance between the offence and defence rather than correct what was out of balance prior to them being introduced. Therefore what they have done is thrown the game into a tailspin, people are using supergobs in a blimp and mass swizs to spam across a base, smh, the game due to the supertroops has taken a huge step backwards in my opinion, the balance perspective is so out of sorts I donít think it can ever be corrected, a lot of regular troops, such as the wb, are now obsolete.

    I have no statistics to back what Iím saying but I donít need them, I have been playing this game since almost the beginning, and there is nothing anyone can tell me that I am not aware of on how the game works. I have been an advocate for fair and fun play for the majority, I have been against the ďeliteĒ/competitive dictating how the game should be rather than based on the fun factor for the regular players. I have always voiced my opinion based upon what I see within the game itself, things like hero defences being so much stronger than itís offensive counterpart, the wonky queens/gw ai etc etc. Have I made misjudgements? ofc I have, Iím human.

    Anyway, as this may be my last post, I would like to say to everyone out there, I have enjoyed being a part of this community, it has been an honour to get to know you all, even those whom I disagree with, it is not personal, we all share a common love for this game and thereby get passionate about it.
    Thank you SC for bringing this game to us, I hope you all continue on for years to come building what we have here, you have done overall a fantastic job, the game is brilliant through itís flaws it shines on brightly.
    Thank you to all the Mods, all of you have dedicated your own personal time to making sure we have had this community to be able to bicker back and forth in mostly a civilized manner, it is not an easy thing for any of you to do, and with little to no gratitude or reward. I respect that, and applaud your efforts.

    Cheers to the Forum community, I will miss you. *raises a glass*

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    432
    For me the time required for new upgrades is just too long. I keep reaching a point where all 6 builders are busy and I've got full storages. Because I'm in legends I never lose anything to attacks, so I end up doing meaningless attacks for a days until a new builder frees up, then I dump one into walls and set off another upgrade with the other. I can waste DE on super troops if needed, so it's not as big of an issue. I only like to do hero upgrades when I have a book because attacking without them sucks.

  4. #94
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    Here is my statement on them, supertroops have put a big dent in the game, I was going to say ruined, but that would be harsh. Supertroops were brought in to try and find a way that max players could use up some DE while at the same time try and find some balance between the offence and defence rather than correct what was out of balance prior to them being introduced. Therefore what they have done is thrown the game into a tailspin, people are using supergobs in a blimp and mass swizs to spam across a base, smh, the game due to the supertroops has taken a huge step backwards in my opinion, the balance perspective is so out of sorts I donít think it can ever be corrected, a lot of regular troops, such as the wb, are now obsolete.
    I think super troops were a wonderful addition. They gave relevance to troops that were falling off like the goblin and wall breaker, which would have required massive stat buffs to be viable, and your examples of super troops unbalancing the meta are all massive hyperbole. They're usually not flashy, game-breaking additions, but rather options that open doors to new strategies.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; May 21st, 2021 at 06:44 PM.

  5. #95
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I think super troops were a wonderful addition. They gave relevance to troops that were falling off like the goblin and wall breaker, which would have required massive stat buffs to be viable, and your examples of super troops unbalancing the meta are all massive hyperbole. They're usually not flashy, game-breaking additions, but rather options that open doors to new strategies.
    I’m glad you like the supertroops, a lot of people do. But your statement of claim to the fact that my opinion is a hyperbole, is a hyperbole in itself.
    The addition of supertroops was absolutely not necessary in order to give the regular troops anything, the regular troops could have been balanced to better suit the game all by themselves, I was using regular wbs just fine prior to the addition of the swb, so your statement of supertroops giving the regular troops relevance is just false, or should I use the word hyperbole again?
    And as far as unbalancing the meta is concerned, I never even mentioned the word meta, but since you did, the meta is based on what troops are available to work with at the moment to achieve 3* success, which right now is spam some swizs along with some yetis and maybe drop a sgob or blizzard blimp on the the TH…… so not sure what your point is there? it actually reinforces what George mentioned about supertroops being easier.
    I said supertroops unbalanced the game as a whole, like as in the way the game is played, which they did, it is way easier for someone to spam swizs and luckily get a 3* then it is to actually try and do a balanced well calculated 2 or 3 phased attack using regular troops. Prior to stroops being introduced the 3* rate was low and we were struggling, but the rate could have been lifted in ways other than introducing stroops, one example as I mentioned above was tweeking the difference between heros strengths, correcting ai, pathing etc etc.

    But honestly this has been talked about time and time again and I for one am done with it, there are too many people that will not say anything bad about the game if their mouth was full of it. I’m done arguing my point as I see it, it’s my opinion, it’s not wrong to me.

    We can go around saying the same thing over and over all day, you’re not going to agree with me, and I’m sure not going to agree with you.

    So cheers, have a good day.

  6. #96
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I’m glad you like the supertroops, a lot of people do. But your statement of claim to the fact that my opinion is a hyperbole, is a hyperbole in itself.
    The addition of supertroops was absolutely not necessary in order to give the regular troops anything, the regular troops could have been balanced to better suit the game all by themselves, I was using regular wbs just fine prior to the addition of the swb, so your statement of supertroops giving the regular troops relevance is just false, or should I use the word hyperbole again?
    And as far as unbalancing the meta is concerned, I never even mentioned the word meta, but since you did, the meta is based on what troops are available to work with at the moment to achieve 3* success, which right now is spam some swizs along with some yetis and maybe drop a sgob or blizzard blimp on the the TH…… so not sure what your point is there? it actually reinforces what George mentioned about supertroops being easier.
    I said supertroops unbalanced the game as a whole, like as in the way the game is played, which they did, it is way easier for someone to spam swizs and luckily get a 3* then it is to actually try and do a balanced well calculated 2 or 3 phased attack using regular troops. Prior to stroops being introduced the 3* rate was low and we were struggling, but the rate could have been lifted in ways other than introducing stroops, one example as I mentioned above was tweeking the difference between heros strengths, correcting ai, pathing etc etc.

    But honestly this has been talked about time and time again and I for one am done with it, there are too many people that will not say anything bad about the game if their mouth was full of it. I’m done arguing my point as I see it, it’s my opinion, it’s not wrong to me.

    We can go around saying the same thing over and over all day, you’re not going to agree with me, and I’m sure not going to agree with you.

    So cheers, have a good day.
    That's funny, it feels like you are being obstinate, one of the downfalls of this forum.

    You say that super troops are no skill spam that easily wrecks bases. I disagree. Super troops don't have anything that makes them anymore more spammable than normal troops. Most attacks have a spammed phase anyway, but you see it less with super troops because they're so large. In fact, the only super troop that is viable almost exclusively spammed I can think of is inferno drags, and even they require careful planning, good timing, and the right base to work. Your super wizard spamming, unless you count a pekka smash with 5-6 swizs a "spam", isn't going to do much to bases anymore.

    About blizzard and sneaky blimps: I don't think they're broken. Blizzard is difficult to execute and is only worth using on bases that give enough chain value. It's a powerful strategy on the right bases, but nothing game-breaking like you suggest. A sneaky blimp sees you sacrifice your entire cc and siege just to take out the town hall, and even then it's not always a given success.

    I like to think of super troop activations like spell slots: they're limited in number so you need to pick and choose which troops get the sauna treatment. Wall breakers and goblins were getting increasingly obsolete at their roles as defenses continued to beef up and increase in numbers. In the case of wall breakers, you had to send a test wall breaker, time the rest to carefully to avoid splash, and invest a freeze if there was a multi. Goblins were pretty much a joke outside of farming. But their super troop counterparts made them much more viable; it kind of reminds me of mega evolutions in pokemon. You boost super wallbreakers and you get easy wall breaks, but that's one less super slot at your disposal.

    Finally, do super troops unbalance the meta? I'd argue not. There are two types of super troops: those that are good for supporting attacks, and those that are the driving force of the attack. In the former case, they give a small boost to your offense. Their impact is noticeable but not game-breaking. Then there are the powerhouses, the super witches, i-drags, and super wizards. Sure, they have flashy abilties, but they're also balanced in spite of their powers. For all intents and purposes, we can ignore their super moniker and think of them as just being regular troops like the e-drag or miners. There's nothing wrong with more troops being added, is there? While they have varying degrees of viability, none have overrun the meta and some have received nerfs, so it's clear Supercell cares very much about balancing them.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; May 21st, 2021 at 09:10 PM.

  7. #97
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    That's funny, it feels like you are being obstinate, one of the downfalls of this forum.
    obstinate…..

    you believe I am being obstinate because you cannot change my opinion? some would call that arrogance, and perhaps arrogance could also be perceived as the use of a blown up vocabulary on a forum for a mobile game……… which is definitely another, if not the largest downfall of this forum.

    like I said, you will not agree with me, and I will not agree with you, so it is a moot point to continue

  8. #98
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    obstinate…..

    you believe I am being obstinate because you cannot change my opinion? some would call that arrogance, and perhaps arrogance could also be perceived as the use of a blown up vocabulary on a forum for a mobile game……… which is definitely another, if not the largest downfall of this forum.

    like I said, you will not agree with me, and I will not agree with you, so it is a moot point to continue
    Ah well. Looks like the thread has descended into personal attacks rather than meaningful discussion. It is indeed a moot point to continue, which is a shame because we could have had something going. I was hoping to hear some rationale for why super troops are bad, because that could have certainly changed my mind if well argued.

    And FYI, about the whole "obstinate" thing. Look back a few pages for some amusing irony and black kettle teapotry.

  9. #99
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    You guys want to argue about supertroops?

    Here is my statement on them, supertroops have put a big dent in the game, I was going to say ruined, but that would be harsh. Supertroops were brought in to try and find a way that max players could use up some DE while at the same time try and find some balance between the offence and defence rather than correct what was out of balance prior to them being introduced. Therefore what they have done is thrown the game into a tailspin, people are using supergobs in a blimp and mass swizs to spam across a base, smh, the game due to the supertroops has taken a huge step backwards in my opinion, the balance perspective is so out of sorts I don’t think it can ever be corrected, a lot of regular troops, such as the wb, are now obsolete.
    Wallbreaker is still relevant when you know how to use them. Are they more difficult to use compare to Super Wallbreaker, yes, you are not wrong. But that doesn't make Wallbreaker an obsolete troop. So Regular Troop like Wallbreaker isn't out of balance, and so the addition of Super version isn't to replace the Regular Version. I still use Regular Wallbreaker in every of my attacks, they are more riskier, but they are more flexible in terms of housing space, having slight edge over Super Wallbreaker for me.

    Super Troops are a good addition to the game. What I don't like is the removal of cooldown. It give players the ability to use and to rely on Super Wallbreaker for every attacks. What's basic to the game (the Regular Wallbreaker) is used less and less, even though they are not entirely obsolete troop. Having said that, for me the balance of the game is still fine even with the over reliance on the Super Troops like Super Wallbreaker, because there is a trade off when using Super Troops, which is the housing space, and also the limit of 2 Super Troops at any point (which is a good limit).

    And again, if Super Wallbreaker is easier to use and safer option (which I fully agree), why then players that use the Super Troops are more skillful, shouldn't that be the opposite?

  10. #100
    2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    And again, if Super Wallbreaker is easier to use and safer option (which I fully agree), why then players that use the Super Troops are more skillful, shouldn't that be the opposite?
    I don’t think we can say using or not using supertroops makes you more skilled or less skilled. There may possibly be a connection between players that use supertroops regularly and higher skill level, though. One possible connection that comes to mind is the players using supertroops are more often the players more fully upgraded (if we’re talking about war and legends attacks). I suppose that may have more of a connection to offensive power than skill. Another possible connection is players using supertroops in legends and war are more often players that put the stars/% result of their attack at a higher importance than loot. They are willing to spend the dark because they care more about getting 3 stars than they do about loot. In the end, it would be very hard to prove one way or the other, but those are two factors that could be at play.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •