Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 142

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: It has been more than a month since the Town hall 14 update, what are your thoughts?

  1. #71
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    I recently watched a pekka super wiz smash attack in a tournament stream by clash with Eric. Majority of the troops went straight for the TH which was near the center, and the healer and super wizards had to walk inside the area of the poison effect. The attacker used a heal spell and afaik none of the troops died because of the poison effect damage, although they were obviously affected by the movement and attack speed reduction. Is bringing a heal spell to counteract the poison damage a common tactic? Or is it only viable in certain circumstances?

    Just to add, the attacker did use the Warden ability right before the TH exploded. However that's the usual action regardless of the presence of the poison effect.
    Using a heal spell for the TH residual poison, just like for the tornado trap, is a good idea because troops affected say in the heal spell longer.

    Warden ability for the TH is pretty standard I think. Maybe not if the TH is being destroyed by the queen with healers.

  2. #72
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    No conclusions asserted, just an observed correlation, which continues. If they use supertroops, they often three star me. If they donít use supertroops, three stars almost never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    Genuine question, why is it a misleading correlation? George had 32 defenses, which seems a decent amount. A quick google search shows that 32 isn't a small sample size, but I'm not sure how to apply correlation on w/ super and w/o supers. Only using the 5 defenses that had super troops doesn't seem right if we are comparing w/ and w/o supers.
    Yup, you had that answered in your own post.
    The observation in which George stated that when players use Super Troops often 3 stars him is based on 5 attacks? Come on man. That's a small sampling size which derived misleading observation.

    The 3 star hit rate of all Clans in this CWL season for example, is fluctuating towards offense as TH14 haven't upgraded them bases and settle down defensively against the TH14 attacks and Hero Pets. Usually such observation is based on several seasons of data or sampling size.

  3. #73
    Junior Member Dis27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Yup, you had that answered in your own post.
    The observation in which George stated that when players use Super Troops often 3 stars him is based on 5 attacks? Come on man. That's a small sampling size which derived misleading observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Consider how many attacks happen daily and how many players there are in the game. 32 simply isn't enough to get a meaningful representation.
    I agree, but not because I remember what I learned in statistics. 32/5 is indeed small to suggest something, but George have clarified it was only his observations. I don't see anything wrong about sharing a personal experience.
    Last edited by Dis27; May 20th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.

  4. #74
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    I agree, but not because I remember what I learned in statistics. 32/5 is indeed small to suggest something, but George have clarified it was only his observations. I don't see anything wrong about sharing a personal experience.
    there’s absolutely nothing wrong with George’s statement because it’s purely based on his own observations, both Mercfovia87 and Obstentatious cannot disprove what he says either because they do not have any solid statistics to prove it otherwise, they are just being obstinate, one of the downfalls of this forum

  5. #75
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    there’s absolutely nothing wrong with George’s statement because it’s purely based on his own observations, both Mercfovia87 and Obstentatious cannot disprove what he says either because they do not have any solid statistics to prove it otherwise, they are just being obstinate, one of the downfalls of this forum
    Ah yes, discussion and debate in a public forum should never happen. /s

    The claim that using super troops = more skill is outlandish to me. Some of them are too different from their normal counterpart to compare, while others exist to do the job of their normal troop better at the expense of housing space. If anything, some of the super troops have dumbed down parts of raiding, like SWBs.

    Let's not forget that super troops can be activated and be used by anyone. So, the idea that super troop users are somehow more skillful than the average person makes no sense.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but I simply don't see why super troop users would be more skillful than the average person. Feel free to share criticisms and opinions, because again, this is a public forum.

  6. #76
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    The claim that using super troops = more skill is outlandish to me.

    Maybe I missed the part where George stated that it required more skill to use supertroops? I did read where he gave his observation that he had been 3* more when supertroops were used. I also believe he said something along the lines of maxed players using them as play things, so does that make maxed players more skillful. So please point out for me the part where he said that it takes more skill to use supertroops, maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said by him.

    But if we are going to discuss/debate something on a public forum as you have so condescendingly pointed out twice, then we should be sure we remain on track and all I see is it being sidetracked by you and Merc by telling him heís wrong in his observation based on his own experience of the ratio of his base being attacked using supertroops, which is absolutely ludicrous when neither of you can back up your own assumptions because you donít have any broader statistics to prove it otherwise, therefore it is a moot point, and simply one persons observation based on his own experience.
    I can even add to the debate in the fact that I too see more 3*s when supertroops are used rather when they are not, especially in situations like blizzard/sneaky blimps etc etc. Does that take skill? I guess you can say that almost every attack has some skill level to it to a certain degree, I donít think anyone can argue that point any differently.

  7. #77
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    Maybe I missed the part where George stated that it required more skill to use supertroops? I did read where he gave his observation that he had been 3* more when supertroops were used. I also believe he said something along the lines of maxed players using them as play things, so does that make maxed players more skillful. So please point out for me the part where he said that it takes more skill to use supertroops, maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said by him.

    But if we are going to discuss/debate something on a public forum as you have so condescendingly pointed out twice, then we should be sure we remain on track and all I see is it being sidetracked by you and Merc by telling him he’s wrong in his observation based on his own experience of the ratio of his base being attacked using supertroops, which is absolutely ludicrous when neither of you can back up your own assumptions because you don’t have any broader statistics to prove it otherwise, therefore it is a moot point, and simply one persons observation based on his own experience.
    I can even add to the debate in the fact that I too see more 3*s when supertroops are used rather when they are not, especially in situations like blizzard/sneaky blimps etc etc. Does that take skill? I guess you can say that almost every attack has some skill level to it to a certain degree, I don’t think anyone can argue that point any differently.
    George speculates that super troop users are generally more skilled. Using your logic, I can say I disagree with this claim, because from my own observations super troops either make attacks easier or are too different from their normal troops to be compared. Furthermore, super troops are not a good judge of skill because anyone can activate and use them, so who's to tell what kind of people are using super troops? Since you can't disprove this observation, it must be true.

    The point I am trying to make is that George has made a claim. The burden of proof is on him to show that his statement his true; the burden of disproof should not be shoved onto others. Otherwise, I won't be convinced.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; May 20th, 2021 at 09:25 PM.

  8. #78
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    There are also too many variables at play going on in an attack to assert that super troops were the difference-maker or were being used by the more skillful attackers.

  9. #79
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    George speculates that super troop users are generally more skilled. Using your logic, I can say I disagree with this claim, because from my own observations super troops either make attacks easier or are too different from their normal troops to be compared. Furthermore, super troops are not a good judge of skill because anyone can activate and use them, so who's to tell what kind of people are using super troops? Since you can't disprove this observation, it must be true.

    The point I am trying to make is that George has made a claim. The burden of proof is on him to show that his statement his true; the burden of disproof should not be shoved onto others. Otherwise, I won't be convinced.
    I did speculate that current users of supertroops might have more skill than non users of supertroops. It is a possible counterpoint to the more obvious guess that supertroops are better or easier to use to get three stars.

    Context is that the three star rate has dropped, some, despite my defence upgrades not being much upgraded. Only the TH to level 14.1, one builder hut level 2, and a couple of Hidden Teslaís. I donít have pre TH14 logs, but I am pretty sure that the use of supertroops against me had dropped hugely since the TH13 max days of the DE glut.

  10. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    93
    From a donator standpoint I can say none of the skilled attackers in my clan request super troops if there is not an event promoting their use. Many unskilled members request them because they are cool and flashy and probably do not help them as much as they think.

    Town Hall 14 mostly seems like more of the same to me. Hopefully next update will give more offensive boosts after the dust settles and we see three star rate dwindle.
    Last edited by Halbert; May 20th, 2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Wasnít finished

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •