Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the soon demise of this forum let's post some memories of clash oddities!

Pro Member

With the soon demise of this forum let's post some memories of clash oddities!

I started clash right after clan war was added to the game. Who remembers when inclusion on war rosters was determined by trophy level. If you had 18 clan members, the top 15 by trophy level were in search. No option to opt out or in. We started new wars seconds after previous one ended. My second clan we started another clan to park accounts so they wouldn't be in search with heros upgrading. I started my second account to communicate with both clans.

Pro Member
    Another fun dirty trick we did in the early days of clan war was donations into our opponents CC's. One or more of our members from our sister clan would try to get in opponents clan and donate goblins to the CC's. There was no way to delete them and you didn't need to be on the war roster to donate. I hadn't found the forum yet then but bet this was discussed! And then changed!

Pro Member
    I have never hid my love for global. Likely I played clash more for the social interaction. Something happened years ago that I thought was interesting. I'm a news junkie and North Korea was shooting off missiles at the time. I happened to chat with a South Korean student one evening on global. She was surprisingly not concerned. Yes global had it's toxic people. I always took on the challenge of personally driving them away.

Probably everyone have just moved on now.

Those accounts that made it in to the live game that have things that obviously should not exist and are impossible to obtain (and were rightfully banned afterwards).

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Probably everyone have just moved on now.
    Guess I'm to old to learn new tricks! I will be left to just play the game.

Pro Member
    I remembered another function in the game that I used early on. Healers would heal buildings if they were in a defensive CC. Builder huts repairing nearby buildings is really not new, just returning function with different troop!

I would love to [share some memories of mine], if they didn't plan to destroy the Forum's remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Dear Forum Community,

After the summer, in August, the Forums will begin the shut down process and will no longer be available.

Sincerely,
    The Supercell Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    I started clash right after clan war was added to the game. Who remembers when inclusion on war rosters was determined by trophy level. If you had 18 clan members, the top 15 by trophy level were in search. No option to opt out or in. We started new wars seconds after previous one ended. My second clan we started another clan to park accounts so they wouldn't be in search with heros upgrading. I started my second account to communicate with both clans.
    That became the doom days for my first clan. I had been there for a year when wars were added. We were most times full, and really struggled with our rosters. Especially, I will remember all my life our top player... a TH10 (had just been added recently) in champs (way high in the 3ks), that never, ever, ever spoke in chat. But that player would give troops, almighty witches maxed and the like (we could only dream of these). Well, he or she was placed in war but would never attack. We tried and tried to make him or her chat... to no avail, and had to kick. We still won all those early wars. On top of managing trophies to stay/avoid wars, leave/rejoin the clan, also there was no editor, no war base... and main and foremost: no rewards for war (other than loot, for wins only).
    For the next year, we struggled through a ton of players, kicking and rebuilding after each war... extensive and annoying effort.
    We actually stopped all wars for a few months.
    Wars created a strong negative atmosphere in many instances and many clans. Actually a good friend was advised by his docs to stop clash to help improve his war related PTSD... He was one of the long time elder of the clan.

With xps and perks, I after that level a few clans to L10, started a few,... got bored of wars, and finally was able to progress my own base (which I had to put on the back burner to lead wars, lead clans, ...).
    I then joined a few clans with interesting backgrounds, from iQuit, to FWA, Jedi Network, and forum events ... all good fun.
    And settled in what I consider my last clan (Kings@War) other clans are just to add some change.

Let me say it now (and again for those who haven’t heard me since April 2014): I don’t care a second for wars. SC can remove that feature as far as I am concerned. CWL is a nice attempt at improving, it still does not fit the bill for me (maybe you can understand with my past).
    Last edited by PaluEF; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:53 PM.
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    Guess I'm to old to learn new tricks! I will be left to just play the game.
    I feel ya Motator.. I havent been tempted to look elsewhere for a home once the curtain comes down either..
    Is getting ever more difficult to do more than just read thru what threads come up now.

Certainly feels like an impending doom is approaching..
    Never thought I would be doing anything more than a quick rant when I came to forum to complain about defenseless engineering..

I found an incredible bunch of people here and made it my home since.. Even above my home clan.
    Sincere thank you to all whom have made community forum such a fantastic place..
    Thank you also to the mods for keeping things kinda civil..
    Love your style Darian.. Was a big bonus for us when you arrived

Guessing I better start just learning how to play the game a little better going forward, but things aint gonna be the same..
    Can understand SCs position up to a point.. But cant help thinking the community forum went a long way towards making clash not just another mobile game.. Time will tell on that one I guess for me personally.