Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading walls with wall rings

Fresh Spawn

Upgrading walls with wall rings

I have some level 13 walls that I want to use wall rings to upgrade to level 14. Level 14 walls cost $6 million to upgrade. Wall rings are worth $1 million each, so it takes 6 wall rings to upgrade it.

I'm currently getting a 20% discount because I purchased Gold Pass. Therefore it only costs $4.8 million to upgrade to level 14.

I went to upgrade a wall and it still wanted 6 wall rings to upgrade it. Shouldn't it only utilize 5 wall rings to upgrade the wall, being as the discounted price is only $4.8 million? Why does the use of wall rings not recognize the 20% discount?

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Simply because wall rings are, and always have been, based upon full (undicounted) price.

No magic item is based upon "actual resource cost", none at all. They are based upon a specific action. So for example, a Book of Heroes cost the same regardless of the hero's level at time of use.
    Last edited by rowman; May 14th, 2021 at 08:21 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thehas59 View Post
    I have some level 13 walls that I want to use wall rings to upgrade to level 14. Level 14 walls cost $6 million to upgrade. Wall rings are worth $1 million each, so it takes 6 wall rings to upgrade it.

I'm currently getting a 20% discount because I purchased Gold Pass. Therefore it only costs $4.8 million to upgrade to level 14.

I went to upgrade a wall and it still wanted 6 wall rings to upgrade it. Shouldn't it only utilize 5 wall rings to upgrade the wall, being as the discounted price is only $4.8 million? Why does the use of wall rings not recognize the 20% discount?
    Because wall rings aren't actually equivalent to 1 Million resources.

Each level of walls takes a certain number of rings to upgrade one wall. That number is set at a level such that when the walls are full rpice, each one is 1 million worth of wall - provided the walls at full price cost at least a million.

But they are actually set at x rings needed for this level, and that number takes no account of whether the walls are currently at full price.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Moved to correct subforum

Quote Originally Posted by thehas59 View Post
    I have some level 13 walls that I want to use wall rings to upgrade to level 14. Level 14 walls cost $6 million to upgrade. Wall rings are worth $1 million each, so it takes 6 wall rings to upgrade it
    I like the way the OP has valued his gold in dollars

Quote Originally Posted by helloworld2 View Post
    I like the way the OP has valued his gold in dollars
    I'd like to sell my wall rings, please.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Oh yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I'll sell my entire village. I'll take 25% of what I paid for it. Deal of the century.

The same reason hero books still only finish one level of a hero even with a discounted upgrade cost. The magic items arenít effected by discounts