Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donating to lower town halls

Donating to lower town halls

I think donating to low lvl THs is a ripoff 😱 you donate a maxed troop to a lower level CC at full cost of DE or elixir only to see it change to a lvl 2-3-4-5 at same cost regardless in resources 😡 or am l just a miserable old man 😂😂 just a thought 👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry666 View Post
    I think donating to low lvl THs is a ripoff 😱 you donate a maxed troop to a lower level CC at full cost of DE or elixir only to see it change to a lvl 2-3-4-5 at same cost regardless in resources 😡 or am l just a miserable old man 😂😂 just a thought 👍😎
    Well, who cares about resources when donating troops to help clanmates

I donít disagree with your reply just thought it would be adjusted to the level CC asking for troops

Millennial Club
    When your Troops donated to higher TH level players, they got added 2 levels due to Clan Perks, you don't want for the extra cost to be charged to you, no?

I don’t disagree with your reply just thought it would be adjusted to the level CC asking for troops
    That should have been added when this downgrade went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    When your Troops donated to higher TH level players, they got added 2 levels due to Clan Perks, you don't want for the extra cost to be charged to you, no?
    That perk has been earned by the clan. They put in the work for it. So it's logical nothing extra is added.

Will be around wherever Smirks are. *Hugs*
    I don’t disagree with your reply just thought it would be adjusted to the level CC asking for troops
    But it’s a change in troop level which is determined by lab level. CC level determines troop space, which doesn’t change. So it makes sense this way.

I’m not happy clanmates are having a tougher time if they have to attack up in war, but it makes sense that they can’t crush lower or same level bases basically with cc troops alone, the rest of the time. In a war they don’t have to attack a similar base and use half their army dealing with a max dragon in the defending cc, either.

But I do still wish there was a bit of an extra refund when donating.

If only we could get a ton of other lower level players on frequently enough to donate the proper levels to each other, without leaving people hanging for ages. But I guess there’s a reason most of our lower level THs are lower level, and it’s not because they started playing three months ago.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

I have previously tested, and your donation refund is based on the level donated, not what it adjusts to. You're not losing anything as the donor. It might feel like you're losing something as the recipient due to the level cap, but those are free troops you're getting.

Forum Superstar
    Let’s be honest here. When I was a lower TH I only cared about my donated troop levels in war and that was because I was worried about making sure they were max. As a high TH, I have never cared about the cost nor the level of the troop that would be received as I knew it would be as high as the recipient was allowed to use. This is still the case, nothing has changed. Complaining about the cost to build a max troop that becomes a lesser troop upon receipt is a red herring.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Let’s be honest here. When I was a lower TH I only cared about my donated troop levels in war and that was because I was worried about making sure they were max. As a high TH, I have never cared about the cost nor the level of the troop that would be received as I knew it would be as high as the recipient was allowed to use. This is still the case, nothing has changed. Complaining about the cost to build a max troop that becomes a lesser troop upon receipt is a red herring.
    I 100% agree! This selfish argument that troops levels diminish when donating to lower ths somehow affects what you should be given as a refund is growing old fast. It's a ridiculous argument. It's based entirely on what it costs you to train them. If you don't like the costs, then don't donate, it's pretty simple and that concept hasn't changed. It doesn't cost you anymore now than it did before to donate those troops, so the complaints from that perspective seem petty and childish.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the change of the troop level cap for lower ths either, but my point is this argument does no one any favours.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Banned
    My personal idea is that since we loot big at a high level townhall, that troop cost is actually nothing. So I guess matching troop levels to lab max levels to be fair to everyone is alright in that sense.It kind of doesn't make a low level player sick when all his army has to be spent to kill that few max superminions in a low level war base.
    Last edited by fryingdutchman; May 18th, 2021 at 09:38 AM.