Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Book of heroes need a name change.

People will find anything to complain about these days...

Tollboothwillie
    I fixed your post. There is a big difference between need and want. Books were not available years ago and yet heroes were still upgradable so they are not needed but wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORIGINALBEZ View Post
    Fair point! What I WANT in game is books, for people that don't have books!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thekingofgoblins View Post
    I thought you wanted to say "Book of heroes should be changed to Book of heroes and pets"
    I came into the thread expecting the same. Surely that's the more important change.
    Last edited by hotshot007; May 13th, 2021 at 11:53 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by thekingofgoblins View Post
    I thought you wanted to say "Book of heroes should be changed to Book of heroes and pets"
    No, it would need to be called Book of Heroes OR Pets” Otherwise people will say it should do both.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by THEORIGINALBEZ View Post
    Book of heroes should have the name changed as it is missleading.. It doesn't allow you to finish heroes upgrade, only a hero upgrade. Should be renamed book of hero..
    Book of Hero and Hero Accessories, I tell you what, Bobby.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Is there only a single Hero in the game or are there 4 of them? 4 right? Then that makes it plural, so 'Book of Heroes'.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Sigh.

Do people no longer actually read books, are they mere relics of the past, completely replaced by internet blurbs? We are talking books. As I noted in another thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Correct, semantics do matter! It is a book, not a potion. A book contains knowledge within that book. It tells the reader how and why. It does not perform the action, merely educates. It is the reader whom then utilizes that knowledge to perform an action. So a Love Potion will instill feelings of love when used on a person, yet a Book of Love will not instill love if thrown at the person (more likely will make them angry that you hit them with a book). Rather it contains knowledge so that you, not the book, can instill love.

So the books contain knowledge telling the Builder how to complete actions instantaneously, but like any book, it does not do the work itself. So books are often titled with the information within. So a Book of Building contains how to finish a structure, a Book of Fighting how to complete a troop upgrade, and a Book of Spells to complete a spell. Now take a master volume, that contains the works of all the other volumes. The book then contains all knowledge, or Everything!

This comes up often, and I accept that I am in the minority. To me, they named it correctly. It is a book, not a potion. A cookbook does not cook the food for you, it merely tells the reader how to do it.

So a Builder wants to complete the Army Camp upgrade immediately, so goes to the Town Hall for the Book of Building, but finds it is gone. So he grabs the Book of Everything knowing he only has to read one third of it, and can ignore the rest. Just like the cookbook shown above, I can use it to cook one and only one recipe, and ignore the other 1,999 recipes.
    So a Book of Heroes contains all knowledge required about each and every hero (hence plural, or "heroes"), including all that is within their domain, such as their pets.

Actually, a book title can be absolutely anything the author and publisher want. It could be titled the "Book of Blazzogagabangablob"! As the saying goes "Can't judge a book by it's cover", and a book's tile is part of that very cover!
    Last edited by rowman; May 13th, 2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Is there only a single Hero in the game or are there 4 of them? 4 right? Then that makes it plural, so 'Book of Heroes'.
    That's true, but should it not now be known as "Book of heroes and their pets"?
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    That's true, but should it not now be known as "Book of heroes and their pets"?
    No because its an encyclopedia called "book of heroes." After the discovery of pets, they issued new volumes and didn't want to start volumes from scratch so they kept the old title. After good advertising the clash world knows they can find information about pets in the "book of heroes" encyclopedia series