Thread: Naval Buildings and Units

Naval Buildings and Units

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day,
    So I've been thinking, Clash of clans has many ground and air units&strategies, but none which can be categorized under water/Naval (except for the boat which is used to toggle between home base and builder base)
    So I've come up with a few ideas and concepts which utilizes the shoreline and ocean on the left side of the village (apologies in advance if they have been suggested before)

At TH15, you unlock two new buildings, 1.Dock 2.Watchtower
    (They cannot be included in TH14 since it already has angry builder huts and pethouses)

1.Dock
    •A wooden structure, size similar to that of the Town Hall, can be placed anywhere on the shoreline of the village, part of it extends towards the grassy area where buildings are placed, so that ground and air units can target this structure.

•When you click on the dock, you can build ships, also the hit points, ship holding capacity increases each time you upgrade the dock, also unlocks new ships with each upgrade.

•ships- much like seige machines, but you can only deploy them in the water to the left of the base, I've come up with a few rough ideas for different types of ships-
    i.Frigate
    A small ship which fires canonballs at a quick rate at the nearest building, medium health, damage and range.
    ii.Monitor
    A large ship, with a mortar, which targets the nearest defense. Medium health, long range, low damage.
    iii.Fluyt
    A medium sized ship, does not deal damage, but acts like a seige barrack, and trains barbarians (or another troop), constantly throughout the entire attack, so a line of barbarians keep coming out of the ship towards the nearest building. Fluyt has low health, no range, no damage.

• So for example, a level 1 dock has a ship capacity of 1, so the attacker can take one ship to his battles, ship can cost gold, like seige machines. The dock can be destroyed by both ships, ground and air units. It's basically a barrack, on the shore.

2. Watchtower
    • A stone structure, shaped like a tower, that has small canons on its top, which fire at ships or troops near the watchtower.

• I have not come to a conclusion about its dps and hp, but its range can be similar to an air sweeper, with a little bit of range extending towards the back too. So the major part of the range extends towards the ocean, so it can deal damage to ships, while a small part extends towards the back, so if troops are very close to the watchtower, it can fire at them.

3.Drawbacks of this Idea (Dock, watchtower and ships)
    • As there are different themes for villages (jungle/hog mountain etc) the placement of the dock and the watchtower can be a problem because, different themes have different shorelines, I have not yet come up with a solution for this except that all themes be adjusted (which sounds impractical) so please comment down below if you have a solution

•War bases have no water nor shore, hopefully this can be solved with the introduction of new war base themes, also since everyone has the same war base theme at present, it shouldnt be a hassle to add some water and a shoreline right?

•A person who is below TH15 has no defense against ships because he has not yet unlocked the watchtower,This can be solved by introducing the watchtower at a TH level below 15, also the eagle artillary can target ships.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read all this , if you have any questions, or problems which may arise due to this idea which I havent thought of, please let me know!

Boom Beach exists for this reason. Adding naval aspects to the game complicated it to the point that it should be its own game, which already exists as Boom Beach.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Boom Beach exists for this reason. Adding naval aspects to the game complicated it to the point that it should be its own game, which already exists as Boom Beach.
    Agree.

It means extending the map to the water, and it means giving direction to the map as there is now a special waterside. Maybe that's OK, but I don't expect it to happen.

I am expect coming TH levels to include flying defences, which can't be attacked by ground attack troops. They will advance air-ground hybrid strategies.

True, but I dont think with the addition of more and more new content, you can completely ignore the water area, which covers around 5-10% approximately in the home base.

Also I dont think supercell will completely refrain from adding a new feature/new content to a one game, just because a major aspect of it is available in another game. (For example, from my experience I think Clash Royale and Clash of Clans share quite a few similar content)

But yes, thank you for replying and I do get your point, it would further complicate the game.

In addition to this reason, I think I saw it on ruled out ideas but I'm not sure about that.
    Even if it's not true, your reason is enough.

It doesnt seem to be in 'Ruled out ideas'
    but yeah, I get what you mean.