Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: My Gift To You- It Is Here! An "unofficial" Forum For supercell Games has been made!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Thank you for pointing out what seemed out of place. There are four boards to discuss recruitment, derby, and ideas. But there's no board to discuss general topics similar to the General subforum under the Supercell Hay Day forums.

https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...ral-Discussion

No problem! I hope to register soon, but the site isn't letting me for some reason.

Credit goes to Be A Legend for this gorgeous signature! Thank you!!

Farm Level: 103
    Town Rep: 31
    Achievements: 148/150

Dairy Delights Owner/Founder

Maybe check to see if it sent a confirmation email?

Goodbye forums, I know you tried your best, darian.
    Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p

I can't get a confirmation email if it doesn't go passed the area to receive one

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    I checked and they did sticky the thread

Can you also please explain more how to make sure the forum is "open source" and has a good backup?

I have a long history of working with different web forum sofware packages.. have seen some good ones come and go over the years.

PHPbb has been a rock; its open source and ... although many consider this entire system to be antiquated; you can do some impressive things with it...

Many companies basically take phpbb and repackage, repurpose or just clone it into a joomla or wordpress type CMS (content management system) and then offer free hosting or paid hosting depending on their business model.

Invision Powerboard is one of the longest lasting companies that took the open source PHPBB and modded it into their own custom product (that they charge money for)

https://invisioncommunity.com/

If you wanted to convert from a PHPBB to wordpress, joomla or invision powerboard there are custom database and forum converters that were professionally created to make the process work...

Some -- many = a huge number of web forum companies offer custom platforms with NO WAY to backup - or restore - or convert to other packages ...which is awful for the day when they finally close their doors and stop supporting the product...

If you had simply started out with one of the bigger more popular better developed choices you are protecting your future... instead of being forced to start from scratch you could just convert to whatever is popular now... in theory.

In practice you must be careful with open source...

I built a website for a client - about 5000 total users with a few hundred at a time logged in.. rather small.. for a 'private wow server'... I helped code a world of warcraft custom armory that was tied into their game database, then we tied the forum into a payment system that would automate 'donations' and rewards then auto deliver them in game to the attached accounts who paid for them... the forum had its own image hosting platform (no need for external hosting) - it had its own built in arcade to play mini games when you werent playing big games; we had a 'portal' module with all kinds of cool things... all together I personally set up over 200 'mods' or 'add on modules' to the core PHPbb system... it was a masterpiece...

until myphp and mysql were updated and it literally broke the entire forum... we used compatibility mode for a while but it required significant re writes to fix; almost all 200 modules would need minor updates... and almost all of those modules were now abandoned by the authors == so we would have had to do all the work ourselves... not fun...

So there is good in open source... compatibility and options... but there is also bad in having to do more work... since you're not paying invision powerboard to handle all the fixes.. you're doing them yourself.

hope that helps = if you want me to look at your hosting plan and analyze their forum software send me a private message and I'll give it 30 minutes of a lookover.

I prefer hardware... but I dont mind doing software sometimes.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

Would you be interested in helping to develop the forum? help would definitely be appreciated

Not sure if this helps any, but for some reason I can't get passed the section to get a confirmation code on Google Chrome browser, but I'm able to on my phone, which is a bit weird lol.

thats very weird lol.

im glad you can at least log into it on your phone

thats very weird lol.

im glad you can at least log into it on your phone
    Thanks lol. I'm sure once I get past that part I'll be able to log in from my laptop since instead of registering, I can just log in.

Pro Member
    Hey, guys/gals, as many of you regulars know, the forum is closing. no room for discussion, no possibility of delay. We have at most a month left before the forum will be read only, and by the end of summer, shut down for good.

I started building on this idea last wednesday, and the beta version of it is here. there are some things that need fixing, but Me and any future Forum devs can work on that as we progress.

This came As a shock to many, even to the ones who expected something like this. I consider this a consolation gift for forum regulars for which they can now have a place to chat with old friends, share ideas, and ask questions about gaming content.

While many have recommended going to reddit, discord, or twitter as an alternative, many of us cannot or will not do such a thing, with reasons spanning from toxicity to impractical circumstances.

So my Solution is making a smaller, free, forum. This idea has been mentioned, but as far i can tell has not been implemented, now it has been.

I understand that it wont be as big as this forum, let alone pass it in popularity, but it can still be utilized by hundreds, if not thousands, of users for day to day talk, game updates, and everybody's favorite, forum games

Here is the link to the forum: https://supercellunofficial.freeforums.net/

Now here are some important notes i would like to bring up:

1: I want feedback. Lots of it. i want to make the forum as convenient and easy as possible for all to use.

2: I need moderators. every forum does. Instead of appointing new mods, I send a special invitation to any and all Moderators On this current forum to continue their duties on this "unofficial" forum. i do this because the moderators on here where chosen by the community, righteously, So i trust their ability to do their job.

3: Besides hay day and clash of clans, there is also a clash royale forum(yes, it has risen from the grave) and i am considering adding a boom beach and brawl stars forum as well, should it have heavy support.

4: There is a chat box feature. I found this in the plug ins tools. it allows people to live chat, however, i know it can get toxic, so if it is not used in an appropriate manner, it will be removed(just a little experimental feature to test the current maturity of internet users)

5: I really Want you to take advantage of this opportunity. For me personally i have developed close relationships with many on this forum, and i would hate to lose those friends. Im sure many feel the same way, so for those who choose to use this forum, it won't be goodbye forever after all

I Hope to see you on there! please send feedback! share the thread! the more, the merrier

I give Thanks to the following for giving great advice for the idea:

Gamechanger1

Kaptain Kat

Ziya645

Mommysnooks

Ilovehayday
    I am trying to register... I go through the process, but then I get this message...

Oops, there was an error!

Invalid request token / possible request forgery (error 1). If you received this message in error, please go back, refresh, and try again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kathy
    Edit- I am using a Samsung tablet. Android 11 if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by emailkathy2016; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    I am trying to register... I go through the process, but then I get this message...

Oops, there was an error!

Invalid request token / possible request forgery (error 1). If you received this message in error, please go back, refresh, and try again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kathy
    Edit- I am using a Samsung tablet. Android 11 if that makes a difference.
    this appears to happen when you log in with tor or other anonymous browsers.