Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: My Gift To You- It Is Here! An "unofficial" Forum For supercell Games has been made!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Joined yesterday, hopefully more people come over!

Btw why isnít this stickied in general where people can actually see it?
    Last edited by MasterEdy; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post

Btw why isn’t this stickied in general where people can actually see it?
    Probably cause no one at supercell can be seen as officially supporting an unofficial server; thought as a community forum led by players I imagine they have the leeway to make this sticky - after enough people sign on in support of it.. probably by page 50 on replies lol

I'll sign on to whoever has the most supported well run forum system; and as this is the first I'll be here first and offer to lend my fingers.

Thx.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    Hey, guys/gals, as many of you regulars know, the forum is closing. no room for discussion, no possibility of delay. We have at most a month left before the forum will be read only, and by the end of summer, shut down for good.

I Hope to see you on there! please send feedback! share the thread! the more, the merrier

I give Thanks to the following for giving great advice for the idea:

Gamechanger1

Kaptain Kat

Ziya645

Mommysnooks

Ilovehayday
    Thanks for doing this; I'll happily support your endeavor.

Please make sure the forum system this company offers you is.

1. open source
    2. has good quality backup and restore functions (*that include large database files as you may end up with one that is 500x larger than others depending on future participation)

I encourage you to adopt (most) of the supercell rules; though honestly even I have gotten flagged a few times on accident for things I perceived as inconsequential but ... da rulz are da rulz... As your new moderation team deploys their 'flags' or what have you - I encourage you to offer your users an opportunity to reverse whatever the infraction was by performing some random action that you feel is worthy; either by number of quality content posts or other methods. People should have a path to redemption.
    Last edited by blombardo; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:57 AM.

www.discord.me/AG2

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Probably cause no one at supercell can be seen as officially supporting an unofficial server; thought as a community forum led by players I imagine they have the leeway to make this sticky - after enough people sign on in support of it.. probably by page 50 on replies lol

I'll sign on to whoever has the most supported well run forum system; and as this is the first I'll be here first and offer to lend my fingers.

Thx.
    They had no problem stickying the unofficial discord server in general, I have no idea why this is any different from that.

Few notes on the new forums.

1. Please add subforum for Forum requests so that we can make suggestions there = examples.

2. One can not copy a sheet into that forum properly... its not supported; a module should exist to solve that... the technology has existed for over ten years to support that function.

Sample:
    Family of Clans Clan Name Clan Tag Level CWL league
    fwa altar of nobles #PQY0CCV9 master 3
    fwa Daenerys force #298LG08J 26 crystal 1
    FWA Immortal farmer #L2082V02 17 Bronze 1

I tried posting a list of quality clans into there and it looks awful... I dont have time to re create it using the built in bbcode

3. Please adjust the forum settings in case someone clicks off of a post; HERE (and in many other forums) if you accidentally click away from your post, you can 'back' up and find the text in your browser cache.. I started composing a detailed post... fell asleep... woke up hours later to continue - did a little more typing... came back an hour later doing other various tasks and mis clicked something... lost the entire post... so the replacement is now ugly and bland and I dont care... lol I'll fix it up later...

4. create a sticky post for yourself to request Moderators / staff /etc

5. create a sticky topic for creating -and adjusting your forum rules - where the first post lists all the current rules and pages after allow the community to make suggestions for edits or ask for clairification

6. Please make a policy (different from here) on Necro threads. 80% of the time when I'm seeking an answer to a question I search for it and find it being discussed... often that discussion started years ago... sometimes the discussion took place 5 or more years ago... but people involved likely subscribed and would return to the forums and continue the conversation if you posted there... vs making a new topic that has now created a second line in your sql database making future visitors look in TWO or more places for the same conversation...

7. Please avoid locking threads unless:
    a. it has become toxic offensive or is on a topic that is forbidden
    b. it is actively managed by moderators in the form of a sticky post

8. Please install a Wiki module so that ANY member can create a topic - and add a wiki as post 2 for all future posters to add information in the form of a community sticky post that moderators /admin will not need to maintain.

www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by Gindie View Post
    Given the situation we are in, can a mod move and sticky this in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzerz View Post
    I agree, would get seen by allot more people since not that many come to Forum Talk side.

Btw why isnít this stickied in general where people can actually see it?

Thx.
    I checked and they did sticky the thread

Big Hugs and thanks for the mod that did

Thanks for doing this; I'll happily support your endeavor.

Please make sure the forum system this company offers you is.

1. open source
    2. has good quality backup and restore functions (*that include large database files as you may end up with one that is 500x larger than others depending on future participation)

I encourage you to adopt (most) of the supercell rules; though honestly even I have gotten flagged a few times on accident for things I perceived as inconsequential but ... da rulz are da rulz... As your new moderation team deploys their 'flags' or what have you - I encourage you to offer your users an opportunity to reverse whatever the infraction was by performing some random action that you feel is worthy; either by number of quality content posts or other methods. People should have a path to redemption.
    I definitely agree on the non-permanent infraction type thing, im still trying to figure that out as well(i hope it never comes to that, though.)
    Can you also please explain more how to make sure the forum is "open source" and has a good backup?

Few notes on the new forums.

1. Please add subforum for Forum requests so that we can make suggestions there = examples.

2. One can not copy a sheet into that forum properly... its not supported; a module should exist to solve that... the technology has existed for over ten years to support that function.

Sample:
    Family of Clans Clan Name Clan Tag Level CWL league
    fwa altar of nobles #PQY0CCV9 master 3
    fwa Daenerys force #298LG08J 26 crystal 1
    FWA Immortal farmer #L2082V02 17 Bronze 1

I tried posting a list of quality clans into there and it looks awful... I dont have time to re create it using the built in bbcode

3. Please adjust the forum settings in case someone clicks off of a post; HERE (and in many other forums) if you accidentally click away from your post, you can 'back' up and find the text in your browser cache.. I started composing a detailed post... fell asleep... woke up hours later to continue - did a little more typing... came back an hour later doing other various tasks and mis clicked something... lost the entire post... so the replacement is now ugly and bland and I dont care... lol I'll fix it up later...

4. create a sticky post for yourself to request Moderators / staff /etc

5. create a sticky topic for creating -and adjusting your forum rules - where the first post lists all the current rules and pages after allow the community to make suggestions for edits or ask for clairification

6. Please make a policy (different from here) on Necro threads. 80% of the time when I'm seeking an answer to a question I search for it and find it being discussed... often that discussion started years ago... sometimes the discussion took place 5 or more years ago... but people involved likely subscribed and would return to the forums and continue the conversation if you posted there... vs making a new topic that has now created a second line in your sql database making future visitors look in TWO or more places for the same conversation...

7. Please avoid locking threads unless:
    a. it has become toxic offensive or is on a topic that is forbidden
    b. it is actively managed by moderators in the form of a sticky post

8. Please install a Wiki module so that ANY member can create a topic - and add a wiki as post 2 for all future posters to add information in the form of a community sticky post that moderators /admin will not need to maintain.
    1: yes, a subforum is a good idea

2: if i can figure out or get help how to support copy/pasting, I will fix that too.

3: that may just be the way the forum hosting site has it set up, but again, if i can figure it out, i will fix it

4: i will make one if my plan to have mods from here continue their duties over there does not work.

5: your wish is my command

6: said and done.

7: thanks for the tip

8: do you know how to do that? and is it free? i dont know how :P

Goodbye forums, I know you tried your best, darian.
    Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p

Centennial Club
    I donít think it is stickied in general though, which is where most people look...

Yeah currently it’s only stickies in Forum Talk, which I can tell you as a regular active forum user, I visited exactly... never

I only stumbled across this page by random chance from a link someone left in a thread in clash general. My fear is that this will not gain enough traction because it’s not visible.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    LOL, it reminds of a joke in which a priest wanted his flock to greet each other with heavenO instead of HELLo.
    Now that post you made in the unofficial forum makes sense. I remember reading back when G-dub was the governor of Texas, he proposed the same thing.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    They had no problem stickying the unofficial discord server in general, I have no idea why this is any different from that.
    Perhaps because this new forum will be covering several games. If the thread is moved to Clash of Clans General that would make it less visible to Hay Day players. Forum Talk has a link in both subforum.