Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Level 8 air sweeper

Banned

Level 8 air sweeper

I am making a suggestion, not only to add a new level, but to change the purpose of upgrading. The level 7 air sweeper will treat every air troop the same no matter what hp they are on or which troop it is. My suggestion would be to make it so that everytime you upgrade up until level 8, the air sweeper covers a bigger sector. Right now the air sweeper covers a quarter of a sector. Every time you upgrade you should unlock 1/16 of an extra sector. so at level 4, the air sweeper covers half a circle and at level 8, the air sweeper covers 3/4 of a circle. To make it so they are not too OP. They should have a default pushback distance which is 2 tiles (due to multiple air sweepers at higher town hall levels) so that it moves back troops more whilst also not being too deadly against electrodragons. This will make defending more strategic and actually make a less exposed radius to air. BTW, this takes in consideration of all town hall levels that have the air sweeper in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I am making a suggestion, not only to add a new level, but to change the purpose of upgrading. The level 7 air sweeper will treat every air troop the same no matter what hp they are on or which troop it is. My suggestion would be to make it so that everytime you upgrade up until level 8, the air sweeper covers a bigger sector. Right now the air sweeper covers a quarter of a sector. Every time you upgrade you should unlock 1/16 of an extra sector. so at level 4, the air sweeper covers half a circle and at level 8, the air sweeper covers 3/4 of a circle. To make it so they are not too OP. They should have a default pushback distance which is 2 tiles (due to multiple air sweepers at higher town hall levels) so that it moves back troops more whilst also not being too deadly against electrodragons. This will make defending more strategic and actually make a less exposed radius to air. BTW, this takes in consideration of all town hall levels that have the air sweeper in it.
    This is a good idea , but keeping it's push strength constant. Since It will make more than million years for an E drag , but never reaches level 7 sweeper head to head.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ak3687mamidi View Post
    This is a good idea , but keeping it's push strength constant. Since It will make more than million years for an E drag , but never reaches level 7 sweeper head to head.
    So. It's good keeping push strength constant or you disagree. I don't understand completely, but I'm glad you think it's good because I don't want electrodragons to get stuck for a million years especially if they have a high housing space.

Pro Member
    What problem are you solving or is this change for the sake of change?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    What problem are you solving or is this change for the sake of change?
    Solving the problem where electrodragons get stuck forever. Y'know, someone already agreed so I know this idea makes sense.

Pro Member
    Solving the problem where electrodragons get stuck forever. Y'know, someone already agreed so I know this idea makes sense.
    If you increase the radius of the sweeper, wouldn't that make the ED have a bigger area to be caught in? How does this stop EDs from getting stuck?

Forum Superstar
    So how does having two sweepers cover 100% of the base help? What problem does that solve aside from ensuring no one uses air anylonger?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So how does having two sweepers cover 100% of the base help? What problem does that solve aside from ensuring no one uses air anylonger?
    Well, it is actually a nerf because of the fact that the push strength is less and will ensure that people have creative designs. The air sweeper can already cover most of the base now and makes air almost impossible because of the high push strength at those town halls. It will make sure people's troops don't get blown too far off whilst posing a threat most of the battle.
    If you increase the radius of the sweeper, wouldn't that make the ED have a bigger area to be caught in? How does this stop EDs from getting stuck?
    No because the push strength is only 2 tiles so the electrodragons will be not be stuck since they will be able to recover more easily and pull off a strike before they get blown again

Pro Member
    The air sweeper can already cover most of the base now and makes air almost impossible because of the high push strength at those town halls. It will make sure people's troops don't get blown too far off whilst posing a threat most of the battle.
    I'm a big user of air. A mix of ED, Drag, and Loon. I'm recent TH12 and have been extremely successful since I was able to unlock dragons at TH8(?). I always have to plan my attack accounting for the sweeper. Air attacks usually come from one direction, not surround the base so a larger radius vs a farther push distance would probably help me TBH. Esp if my ED can recover and get shots off, the sweeper might then become moot in my planning.

Banned
    I'm a big user of air. A mix of ED, Drag, and Loon. I'm recent TH12 and have been extremely successful since I was able to unlock dragons at TH8(?). I always have to plan my attack accounting for the sweeper. Air attacks usually come from one direction, not surround the base so a larger radius vs a farther push distance would probably help me TBH. Esp if my ED can recover and get shots off, the sweeper might then become moot in my planning.
    that's kind of the point. So that the sweeper doesn't get one lucky blow on the electrodragon and ruin their attacks. This encourages people to be more strategic
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:33 PM.