Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Level 8 air sweeper

  1. #11
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    that's kind of the point. So that the sweeper doesn't get one lucky blow on the electrodragon and ruin their attacks. This encourages people to be more strategic
    I don't think sweepers need a nerf. I think they're quite well designed and effective. If you plan for it (a theme that goes to all attacks - planning makes the difference!) it shouldn't destroy your attack. I think current state makes you plan more strategically because they can pretty lethally tie up an ED without it getting a shot off if unplanned. If you nerf it, then you are saying the EDs can just rip through the sweepers with less impact, because they can recover, so you don't need to strategize as much

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    I don't think sweepers need a nerf. I think they're quite well designed and effective. If you plan for it (a theme that goes to all attacks - planning makes the difference!) it shouldn't destroy your attack. I think current state makes you plan more strategically because they can pretty lethally tie up an ED without it getting a shot off if unplanned. If you nerf it, then you are saying the EDs can just rip through the sweepers with less impact, because they can recover, so you don't need to strategize as much
    That's just your opinion. I don't like how the current air sweeper now can just shove all the troops away. If a level 8 air sweeper comes out (due to th15), my idea would work because there wouldn't be too much power to break air.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:46 PM.

  3. #13
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's just your opinion. I don't like how the current air sweeper now can just shove all the troops away.
    That's literally the point of the sweeper.
    And yes, it's just my opinion. That's what any of these posts and discussions are. What's your point with that first statement?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's just your opinion. I don't like how the current air sweeper now can just shove all the troops away. If a level 8 air sweeper comes out (due to th15), my idea would work because there wouldn't be too much power to break air.
    How about NOT spamming all the EDs right in front of air sweeper? That'd be a nice thing too.

  5. #15
    Tollboothwillie
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's just your opinion. I don't like how the current air sweeper now can just shove all the troops away. If a level 8 air sweeper comes out (due to th15), my idea would work because there wouldn't be too much power to break air.
    Wouldn't it be easier to learn a better strategy than changing the game for everyone?

    Yet again this quote applies here.


    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    There is no rule against making a suggestion. However, if you've never played at that level, how can you even suggest that it's a good suggestion? You have no basis to make that claim. That is the case with much of what you suggest, which is why it's become obvious that you are trolling the forums.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:58 PM.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Ok. I've had enough of the thread replies. I need a thread closure.

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I am making a suggestion, not only to add a new level, but to change the purpose of upgrading. The level 7 air sweeper will treat every air troop the same no matter what hp they are on or which troop it is. My suggestion would be to make it so that everytime you upgrade up until level 8, the air sweeper covers a bigger sector. Right now the air sweeper covers a quarter of a sector. Every time you upgrade you should unlock 1/16 of an extra sector. so at level 4, the air sweeper covers half a circle and at level 8, the air sweeper covers 3/4 of a circle. To make it so they are not too OP. They should have a default pushback distance which is 2 tiles (due to multiple air sweepers at higher town hall levels) so that it moves back troops more whilst also not being too deadly against electrodragons. This will make defending more strategic and actually make a less exposed radius to air. BTW, this takes in consideration of all town hall levels that have the air sweeper in it.
    The only thing this idea will do is destroy utterly any possibility of using air attacks.

    While I don't often use them myself, it is a VERY strong no from me.

    The whole point of the current arcs is that you have to make strategic decisions on how to use them, because you acnnot cover the whole base. Your suggestion takes that away.

    This is also FAR too close to your previous "question" about why they can't cover 360 degtees, so closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •