Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Baby dragons under-used?

Banned

Baby dragons under-used?

Is it me or at every town hall level I forget baby dragons exist in home village. I mean at th9, they are outclassed by dragons, th10 they are still outclassed (even more so), th11 up to th14 you have electrodragons which just lightning chain buildings? What is the purpose of these troops apart from being a CC troop at th3 and above? They would be used more if they started from th7 and were replaced with the normal dragons. The same can be said for valkryes too. I never see them used for their intentional purpose and always used for the least important position. Maybe if they had a health buff I would see them more or if their housing space reduced to a bowler.

Now, a more important question; why is there a time limit on every attack? Why do I have to complete the attack within a time limit? I cleared every defence, that means the base is gone. If I am in a war, I shouldn't have to stop fighting because the clock told me not to. Why is there a clock anyway? Also, Why is there an eyeball on the screen? Why can't I just disable it so I can at least assume that I'm not being watched even when I am.

Baby dragons have their place and do get used. They are great for a creating a funnel when used properly. There is a baby dragon event coming up in a few days. I suggest watching some videos on their usage and experiment during the upcoming event and find the fun in them.

Valks are one troop I donít utilize as much as I should. I truly think they are a good troop, but I donít experiment with weird armies too much unless there is an event going on that involves an odd assortment.

As for a timer, I think a time limit is a good thing. Imagine how long and drawn out some attacks would be. It brings strategy into the game and allows your base to survive if you donít destroy it fast enough.

I also like the eye telling me someone is watching the attack. Makes me want to perform better. Especially when I suspect itís the person Iím attacking watching.

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    I am sure you farm using wall breakers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    I am sure you farm using wall breakers.
    You are taking the mickey

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzmnndvl View Post
    Baby dragons have their place and do get used. They are great for a creating a funnel when used properly. There is a baby dragon event coming up in a few days. I suggest watching some videos on their usage and experiment during the upcoming event and find the fun in them.

Valks are one troop I don’t utilize as much as I should. I truly think they are a good troop, but I don’t experiment with weird armies too much unless there is an event going on that involves an odd assortment.

As for a timer, I think a time limit is a good thing. Imagine how long and drawn out some attacks would be. It brings strategy into the game and allows your base to survive if you don’t destroy it fast enough.

I also like the eye telling me someone is watching the attack. Makes me want to perform better. Especially when I suspect it’s the person I’m attacking watching.
    TBF. I can imagine an hour of queen walk just to 3 star a base which would be too OP. But why can't the timer be 5 minutes especially when fighting against town halls above you and fighting at high town hall levels?

Baby dragons are excellent funneling troops. Many people in my clan use them at every th. Some even use them for cheaper de farming than dragons would be since not many in my clan enjoy using goblins.

Not sure what you mean by valks "intended" use. They work great as a funnel and support troop in some instances. Their low hp would suggest that this is likely their intended use. And if yoconsider this least important, you would be sadly mistaken as this is the make or break part of all attacks. If you think they must be main troops because they work well as main troops at th 8, a good reminder is barbs and archers were good main troops at th 2-4. So a troop might not be the star of the army forever.

Time is an added factor to consider during a raid. It also stops certain attacks from becoming viable. Imagine someone spending the next 20 min just queen charging your base. Remember, you also can't load into the base while under attack so maybe they are holding on to 1 archer to simply troll you when theres nothing else left attacking. Also how would you propose the system resolves this given no time limit since they could just close the app and force the raid to go on indefinitely? If you didn't 100% the base in the time limit you didn't beat the base even with no defenses.

Spectating has long been debated, you can find plenty of threads asking for it to be hidden or for people to toggle off spectating in general.

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    You are taking the mickey
    Found a video for you. Btw what does mickey mean?

https://youtu.be/qQ78Y0BZ2bw
    Last edited by Mayankkumar; May 11th, 2021 at 03:31 PM.

Is it me or at every town hall level I forget baby dragons exist in home village. I mean at th9, they are outclassed by dragons, th10 they are still outclassed (even more so), th11 up to th14 you have electrodragons which just lightning chain buildings? What is the purpose of these troops apart from being a CC troop at th3 and above? They would be used more if they started from th7 and were replaced with the normal dragons. The same can be said for valkryes too. I never see them used for their intentional purpose and always used for the least important position. Maybe if they had a health buff I would see them more or if their housing space reduced to a bowler.
    Yes, it's you
    Purpose: funneling and farming
    Valks: smash and burn the core

Now, a more important question; why is there a time limit on every attack? Why do I have to complete the attack within a time limit? I cleared every defence, that means the base is gone. If I am in a war, I shouldn't have to stop fighting because the clock told me not to. Why is there a clock anyway? Also, Why is there an eyeball on the screen? Why can't I just disable it so I can at least assume that I'm not being watched even when I am.
    I'll leave this here: the first sentence is your answer. This is a strategy and tactics game.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    TBF. I can imagine an hour of queen walk just to 3 star a base which would be too OP. But why can't the timer be 5 minutes especially when fighting against town halls above you and fighting at high town hall levels?
    They tried adding 30 seconds to it a couple of years ago, and triple rates went through the roof. That change was quickly reverted.

I still think that as more and more buildings and levels are introduced, it could maybe take a little tweak, but it wouldn't be much if they did change it.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Found a video for you. Btw what does mickey mean?

https://youtu.be/qQ78Y0BZ2bw
    "taking the mickey" is UK slang suggesting they are making fun of you.