Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The new Esports tab

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I do answer on reddit. All you have to do is simply look for my posts.
    Hi, thank you for this answer.

BTW, is there a way to avoid/hide the dozens of 12 years old humour pictures in Reddit please ?
    (a filter for useful informations)

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot

Problem remains

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We're aware of the issue and have a team looking to fix it.
    Today, two new items were added to the Esports tab, one item, then another, a few hours later. In both cases, it took a group of specific actions to clear the alert in both cases, exhibiting the same exact behavior as when the problem was initially reported. I tested multiple ways, looking for "least effort needed to clear alert", but in all cases only these actions would clear it ...

1) Open News/Events.
    2) Tap on Esports tab.
    3) Tap on the Read More on the left side article (currently the May Winners announcement). It does not matter if that article is the new item, or an older item. Clearing the alert requires that particular item to be opened, regardless.
    4) After loading that item, use the Back Arrow to return to the Events Tab. If you close it rather than "going back", the Alert will remain.
    5) Now, finally, you can close the News/Events and be rid of the alert. Counting this click to close, that is 5 clicks minimum for each and every new item added to Esports.

None of the other tabs exhibit this annoying behavior. Any other tab, I can tap on the tab, see what is there, close the view and Alert is gone! And what perplexes me most is that today two videos were added to the right-hand side (raising the Alert), yet only by opening the older article on the left would clear it.
    Last edited by rowman; June 6th, 2021 at 01:09 AM.

Millennial Club
    Thanks Rowman. I noticed the same thing happening.
    It's almost as if SC is trying to force us to go to the esports tab, given this is the second time in about 3 weeks this has happened.
    Simply put, I don't give a darn about esports, any of them.
    Don't watch them, don't follow them, don't read articles about them.
    This "forcing" us to load the esports articles makes me to never want to click on the events tab ever again.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Thanks Rowman. I noticed the same thing happening.
    It's almost as if SC is trying to force us to go to the esports tab, given this is the second time in about 3 weeks this has happened.
    Simply put, I don't give a darn about esports, any of them.
    Don't watch them, don't follow them, don't read articles about them.
    This "forcing" us to load the esports articles makes me to never want to click on the events tab ever again.
    They could remove the whole esports tab and I wouldn’t even care. Having to get rid of the notification using Rowman’s method (thanks a lot, btw) is such a nuisance...

I don’t watch/follow any esports, so that tab falls into “spam” category for me.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; June 6th, 2021 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    They could remove the whole esports tab and I wouldn’t even care. Having to get rid of the notification using Rowman’s method (thanks a lot, btw) is such a nuisance...

I don’t watch/follow any esports, so that tab falls into “spam” category for me.
    That'd be the best QOL change ever. Maybe there could be an option in settings to not display it, so those who do follow it can do so and rest of us can be left in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Today, two new items were added to the Esports tab, one item, then another, a few hours later. In both cases, it took a group of specific actions to clear the alert in both cases, exhibiting the same exact behavior as when the problem was initially reported. I tested multiple ways, looking for "least effort needed to clear alert", but in all cases only these actions would clear it ...

1) Open News/Events.
    2) Tap on Esports tab.
    3) Tap on the Read More on the left side article (currently the May Winners announcement). It does not matter if that article is the new item, or an older item. Clearing the alert requires that particular item to be opened, regardless.
    4) After loading that item, use the Back Arrow to return to the Events Tab. If you close it rather than "going back", the Alert will remain.
    5) Now, finally, you can close the News/Events and be rid of the alert. Counting this click to close, that is 5 clicks minimum for each and every new item added to Esports.

None of the other tabs exhibit this annoying behavior. Any other tab, I can tap on the tab, see what is there, close the view and Alert is gone! And what perplexes me most is that today two videos were added to the right-hand side (raising the Alert), yet only by opening the older article on the left would clear it.
    Agreed - repped (for what that is worth )
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

I’m no longer clearing on any of my accounts. Don’t notice it anymore but I won’t ever see any news again... oh well.

Centennial Club
    I even have notification “badgers” turned off on my iPhone and iPad because it drives me crazy. So this is driving me absolutely batty. LOL