Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The new Esports tab

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot

The new Esports tab

So I log in and see the Alert indicator on the Events icon. Open it, go to the new tab, let it load. Unlike all the other tabs, doing so does not clear the Alert. Have logged out and in several times, reloaded the tab, yet the dang alert is persistent. How do I clear the alert? Is it a bug, or intentional? Please, please, do not tell me I have to actually load view everything there. In all honesty, I ignore majority of the info in those tabs, just not interested. I generally see an Alert, go to the tab with new information, see what it is, and exit to clear the Alert.

this one seems different in that once you click on the (IMO useless) link then the alert goes away. kind of forces a unwanted action but keeps ny OCD in check with it gone

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeee View Post
    this one seems different in that once you click on the (IMO useless) link then the alert goes away. kind of forces a unwanted action but keeps ny OCD in check with it gone
    Same. My alert remained also, but once I clicked "Read More" (I also scrolled to the bottom of the next screen) the alert went away. The good news is it didn't launch youtube or some other app to go watch a video, but it does seem to force a next action before the alert goes away.

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    It’s gone for me.

I tapped on Read More on left side to open the article then back, without reading.

Before that I also tried scroll down, tap Load More. Then tap round button with arrow (right side, first article) to open the article then back.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Thanks for the responses! Went back in and tapped on the item on the left, "Read More", and that cleared it! Not that I actually read it though, have no interest in such news items. At least it is no longer screaming at me for attention.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    We're aware of the issue and have a team looking to fix it.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

I am also one of those people who dislike this 'alert' thingy. So to get rid of i thought of playing that video. My internet wasnt working good that time so i tapped 3-4 times and my potato phone got hanged in between redirecting to youtube from in game lol.

I don't need this esport tab at all, nevertheless, I want news as the default tab. and yes please fix this alert bug
    Last edited by Shadowmaster71; May 11th, 2021 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmaster71 View Post
    I don't need this esport tab at all, nevertheless, I want news as the default tab. and yes please fix this alert bug
    I'm with you. It was fine when the news related to these were shown in news tab.

Just like we got response from Darian here, will we get official responses on posts on reddit after forums get closed? Or we'd be left with questions and speculations?