Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Th14, No "new" great defence ?

Warriors are OP

Th14, No "new" great defence ?

After reading all the posts on a particular thread, I came to know about war weights and why some th's with builder huts upgraded are placed above (thanks to the forums). BUT,

One thing which I am concluding is TH14 DOESN'T have a strong or BIG IMPACTING "new" defence unless if something new comes in subsequent updates. I mean just take a look and see the previous trend :

Th10 - INFERNOS, Big impacting or strongest at that time.

Th 11- EAGLE, similar to above and every attack's first motive was to take it down first.

Th12- GIGA TESLA WITH EXPLOSION, Another massive defence to consider.

Th13 - SCATTERSHOTS, And another Strongest destructive machine and can ruin any attack.

Th14 - Upgraded Builder huts, wt!

Now, i hope you come to know what am saying. Don't say me about it's features, ikr but See yourself. Is this worth what th14 deserves or SC has some other plans.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; May 11th, 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Centennial Club
    TH14 is the first TH with the ability to heal buildings. This is the major/big impacting defense/feature of the new TH.

They are really significant. If you don't plan for them correctly your attack will most likely fail.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Why do people insist on underestimating those builder huts so much ?

You get 5 of them... which shoot back with a damage which is almost comparable to an archer tower plus they have the added repair to buildings taking damage. Whereas in previous THs according to the list you only get 1 or 2 of something “big”. If you look at the sum of these 5 then it’s pretty damx significant.

In our last CWL a mere lowly level 2 builder hut caused an attacker to walk away with a 1 star on my base instead of a 2. The town hall was left standing with just a sliver of health left and would have fallen if it were not for that silly little builder who started repairing the town hall as soon as it was hit by the quad quake early on in the raid.
    Since that particular war was also pretty close it meant the difference between winning and losing that war and ultimately later in the season it meant the difference between staying in M1 or a promo to champ 3. One little insignificant builder hut...

But go ahead and ignore them, they’re not important. I like seeing lots of people ignore them over the “big guns” in multiplayer.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; May 11th, 2021 at 09:57 AM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Centennial Club
    The giga inferno with poison is another signature defense for Th14. I know the "giga" TH defense was introduced in TH12, but it has increased in power with each TH. Having a poison for the defense is really significant.

A maxed builder hut farm deals 600dps and 300 healing per second, with an overall 8000 hitpoints and 20 tiles footprint, more or less another weaponized town hall.

The downside is it could get wiped out by the RC ability or by edrag chains if actually setup as a farm, so it requires new base building ideas. It revolutionize the base building aspect of the game.

It doesn't look like a signature defense when the builder huts are low level, but take a look at maxed ones and they are pretty good looking too.

My priorities last season (With a gold pass) were
    eagle (hammer) , DE store (had a rune to use) , 1 inferno tower (hammer) , 4 gold stores (I had 2 runes to use) and 2 exlixir stores (can’t remember if I had 1 or two runes to use). Apart from that all my builders are upgrading their huts. Currently have 1 max builder hut and
    3 level 3’s about half way through and a level 2 half way through. Like KK said seeing a 4 quake on the TH being healed is very rewarding to watch (only saw it once in LL I think)
    Last edited by helloworld2; May 11th, 2021 at 11:10 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    The addition of Battle Builder Huts is probably one of the most impactful features with regards to base design. Before, they were something that were used to space out buildings or placed in the corner to make enemy attacks have to traverse the entire map with the hopes of running out of time.

Now these Huts have a defensive purpose you have to consider 5 separate defensive buildings to place.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The addition of Battle Builder Huts is probably one of the most impactful features with regards to base design. Before, they were something that were used to space out buildings or placed in the corner to make enemy attacks have to traverse the entire map with the hopes of running out of time.

Now these Huts have a defensive purpose you have to consider 5 separate defensive buildings to place.
    I agree it is impactful for base designing infact it is one of the unique defence which i also like about it. But it looks to be an "additional" thing for th14 not a main heavy defence.

Maybe it's only me but it looks like a solid content is missing for both offence and defence which atleast I expect from a new Th.

Offence in the sense we had miners, electro, yeti in the past. I agree hero pets are new but they are more like a compensation for additional heroe like we had RC for th13. So basically not a new army/troop.

I know we will have more updates in the future and that is the only hope I have otherwise th14 haven't got something major "new". All we got is like minor balancing post th13.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I agree it is impactful for base designing infact it is one of the unique defence which i also like about it. But it looks to be an "additional" thing for th14 not a main heavy defence.

Maybe it's only me but it looks like a solid content is missing for both offence and defence which atleast I expect from a new Th.

Offence in the sense we had miners, electro, yeti in the past. I agree hero pets are new but they are more like a compensation for additional heroe like we had RC for th13. So basically not a new army/troop.

I know we will have more updates in the future and that is the only hope I have otherwise th14 haven't got something major "new". All we got is like minor balancing post th13.
    From what it sounds like, when you mean "big" defense you mean "high damage" defense. If you're simply going by a damage benchmark, we easily could've put some kind of mega explosion bomb or some kind of projectile that wipes out armies. But that isn't fun for players.

We opt for more strategic elements, not massive damage. We want new features to allow players to explore new strategies, base designs, etc. Not wipe out whole attacks.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We opt for more strategic elements, not massive damage. We want new features to allow players to explore new strategies, base designs, etc. Not wipe out whole attacks.
    *Cough, cough* “Tornado trap combined with TH14’s lvl 5 poison” *Cough*

Sorry, just playing, but couldn’t help it.

@OP: I think the huts are great addition to the game and will change meta a lot once people have them maxed and adjust their bases.