Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Improving donation

Improving donation

Donation is very crucial part of coc game play and evry player depends on it irrespective of th level. We need to improve donation so that players can get troops more easily and also players can donate more easily.
    Need for donation upgrade:
    1. Player are loosing motivation to play coc without availability of troops.
    2. Many lower clans and lower th players leave coc due to non availability of donors in their clan.
    3. Only few top clans and players are interested in donating other are only focused on individual game and taking troops.
    4. Lower clans, new clans and new players struggle alot to get a comfortable clan or team where he can get donation.
    5. It is very difficult to start for a new player to play coc due to lack of support from team.

Solution:
    1. Separate building or camp which can only be used for troops for donating.
    2. Player can fill these camps with any specific troops and any time any requests comes on clan chat then troops can get automatically donated.
    3. Player can add other clan to their list so that any requests in other clan can also be filled by troops from his donation camp automatically without leaving his own clan.
    4. Extra return on donation for evry donation given to player with th level 6 and below.
    5. Donation camp will not be a part of coc layout and can be located outside coc layout. Anytime any player can also see donation camp of any other player (in same clan) for what type of troops are available so that he can post req according to the available troops.
    6. Any reward for players who have reached certain limit of donated troops like if players reach 10k troops donation then their can be some rewards so that more and more players can work for donation.

Benefits:
    1. Will help young players to join and grow in coc. Which will make coc community more strong.
    2. Players can improve their activity time on coc as they are full with at king troops.
    3. No reduction in expenses for donation.
    4. 1 player can easily donate and help other coc players more easily.

I'm not sure but am too lazy to check, some of those might be ruled out ideas. Read the sticky before posting any threads.
    Btw, the donation system is good the way it is IMO.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

I liked the third idea

Most of them remove the need of players to be more active and that's also one of a reason to not have such automated feature. And bring whatever feature you want, those who don't want to donate, they won't donate. So it'll only motivate those who are trying to donate atleast.

Also, I'm not saying that they're doing anything wrong or such but quitting just because they don't get cc troops? That's weird. Are they trying to trophy push with their th6 or lower because simply raiding isn't such an issue withou cc troops that players would start leaving.

I want to start by saying very few of your ideas address the problems you suggest. If new players are having issues joining and getting donations and are quitting because of it, making donations easier for all players won't necessarily make these new players get donations or good clans since their level could be the issue.

So to address your ideas:

1&2 are frequently requested. You didn't really need this post to repeat this.
    3: this idea is a little less of a donation improvement. This would function closer to a clan alliance. Like how do you add clans? Are they allowed to reject the add? This would likely be a part of a clan update as a feature that happens to help donations. Again my favorite idea but likely wouldn't be added by itself.
    4) discounts for giving to lower players aren't needed. The most recent update incentives lower ths to help each other.
    5) I dont want people to know whats in my camps to request for what I have. I'm likely to make my own. I may have made that for my mini and since you dont see the request you try to request it for you? No. People should not use other people to decide what they want for convenience, just request what you want. It goes back to that good clan point you try to make.
    6) this is your only point that really makes people want to donate more to solve the problem. I think 10k is a bit much for rewards for the average clasher. I think 2-5k is probably more than the average clasher gives based on clans ive seen. A reward should start here.

Donating is quite easy to do for those who want to. The problem is the huge number of people who join clans to exploit them for growing their own individual bases. Making it easier to donate won't help that.

Regarding the needs you listed:
    1. Back when it was infinitely more difficult to save up enough resources for upgrades, I almost never used CC troops for raiding villages. No way is it necessary now. Sounds like those players you reference need to change their approach to village raiding.
    2. See #1. Also, they should maybe find other clans. I'm guessing request & leave clans are still around.
    3. It's not restricted to the few top clans, but the mentality you describe is pervasive.
    4. That is probably true. Finding good clans / players early on was never easy. I don't know what the solution for that is.
    5. I strongly disagree. Donations or not, it's quite easy for new players these days.

As far as the benefits:
    1. It's already currently at least like 100 times faster and easier for new players to upgrade than it was through 2015.
    2. I don't see how making donations faster will increase activity time.
    3. Not sure how this follows.
    4. I don't think so many people donating much less than they receive is because of difficulty in donating, but because of mentality.

Also, for solution #6:
    In a large or active clan, 10k donations in a season isn't generally difficult to achieve, but for smaller / less active clans, it could be rather impossible.

I think the bottom line is people have to want to help each other, and most seem to be the type you described in need #3. But making donating easier won't solve that.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Well first, in decent clans, people don't really struggle to get donations. I think for you to see it as an issue, you must have been a bit unlucky with the clans you have been in.

It also isn't really necessary for low level players farming. Most low level farming doesn't really need CC troops.

As for your suggestions
    1. Is in the frequently requested list.
    2. Goes against SC's general philosophy of wanting people to be active. They aren't likely to allow auto-filling of requests.
    3. This may come if SC implement some form of clan family functionality.
    4. I don't think many people donate for the return, this is unnecessary.
    5. A possibility with 1, but seems unlikely. Would be nice though if you could see what others have ready to donate.
    6. 10K is not many. Players with multiple accounts will easily donate that many most months. Even players with a single account will often donate 3-4K per month in a decent clan. But again, I don't think more incentive is really needed.

thanks for discussing. Following are my pints that i have experienced in last 5 years of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well first, in decent clans, people don't really struggle to get donations. I think for you to see it as an issue, you must have been a bit unlucky with the clans you have been in.
    *Its true that i may have encountered bad clans but clan is made of players and players can change clan bad to good, thus i am focused how to make any bad donor to a good donor that will ultimately benefits to others. With least efforts , how anyone can donate can make a huge difference. And once it is achieved than think of how many bad clans can be turned into good clan.

It also isn't really necessary for low level players farming. Most low level farming doesn't really need CC troops.
    *just try to play coc without wars and evening farming without cc troops, u will start loosing interest as atacking with more power makes a attacker psychologically more happy or satisfying. Thus , u r rite that one can do farming without no cc troops but how long will he enjoy that??

As for your suggestions
    1. Is in the frequently requested list.
    * thanks for acknowledging , i love to see these issues addressed in future updates.
    2. Goes against SC's general philosophy of wanting people to be active. They aren't likely to allow auto-filling of requests.
    *agreed, but there will be some space limit , so that troops that can be donated will have to be replenished by the players thus they have to join to fill that building or special camp whatever we can name it. If troops are ready then just for clicking donate buttons for donation by a players is not so much likely featured that should be left un attended.

3. This may come if SC implement some form of clan family functionality.
    *Ys. i really want this solution because 4 years i was leader of a clan level 15-21, players had to move clan to clan for donating their frnds, and by shifting they loose their donation values that are reset monthly.. and also there issues while swithing clans during wars. i think some type of short link may be given in donation camp to see only donation requests from added clan and from there itself donations can be approved by the players, no automatic donations for that.

4. I don't think many people donate for the return, this is unnecessary.
    *agreed , for higher th players its time not resources, and for lower th its time and resources both. so some sort of motivation from return can help both. Main idea is to improve donations if it can be improved without return then its totally fine.

5. A possibility with 1, but seems unlikely. Would be nice though if you could see what others have ready to donate.
    *agreed.
    6. 10K is not many. Players with multiple accounts will easily donate that many most months. Even players with a single account will often donate 3-4K per month in a decent clan. But again, I don't think more incentive is really needed.
    *agreed. whatever data says to you guys , set the limit which affects most of the players.

Liked the comments u and players posted above. Please use if anything u find helpful. I am working as Engineer in TOP PSU of India and i have 10 yrs experience in developing processes and making it better. thus this is one of my idea which can affect most the game. And as i love coc so i would never want to see any dead clan or player in the game. I always had many ideas but this is first time i posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Binnu1987 View Post
    *just try to play coc without wars and evening farming without cc troops, u will start loosing interest as atacking with more power makes a attacker psychologically more happy or satisfying. Thus , u r rite that one can do farming without no cc troops but how long will he enjoy that??
    For raiding villages, I did this for years. I'm still doing it on my mini (TH12) in fact. It's not a problem at all. For wars, you should be getting CC troops. If you aren't able to get donations for your war attacks, you definitely need to find a better clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Binnu1987 View Post
    *Ys. i really want this solution because 4 years i was leader of a clan level 15-21, players had to move clan to clan for donating their frnds, and by shifting they loose their donation values that are reset monthly.. and also there issues while swithing clans during wars. i think some type of short link may be given in donation camp to see only donation requests from added clan and from there itself donations can be approved by the players, no automatic donations for that.
    I don't know whether you're saying they had to go to other clans to donate to their friends or to get donations from their friends. But their donation stats being reset when they do so, while far from ideal, isn't itself the problem, since as you said they would get reset at the start of the next season anyway.