Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War CC donation system hated.

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Why would you see it. I have 3 th8s and not a single th11 comes up
    How many higher level town halls are in your clan?

If you clan is mainly TH10 and lower, then you will never see it.

That sort of thing only really happens with clans with a wide range of Town Halls. Matchmaking weights mean that a few high Town Halls will outweigh most of the rest of the roster, so the lower part tends to be less well matched if you have a wide range.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    if 'even matchmaking' would be a thing, then it might have been perceived better.... and yes, I know, the usual suspects will come with their 'but it's so much better than before'... well I'm not talking about that. A Th11 with maxed heroes should NEVER be allowed to be placed in war opposite a TH8.
    my clan regularly does war with th14-th7 and I haven't seen a th 11 matched p to a th8 unless the th 11 was rushed or an engineer

Does anyone know why people hate the war donation system of capping? This makes lower town hall levels more fair and better against a corresponding town hall level. I think it is a great change and people should see things from an even-matchmaking point of view.
    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but why not just read the thread where the people say they don’t like it instead of creating a new thread?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Does anyone know why people hate the war donation system of capping? This makes lower town hall levels more fair and better against a corresponding town hall level.
    We had been running mixed th levels th5 to max 13s, now to th14s. That sort of roster invariably caused a mismatch at the bottom. Prior to the change, our beiges had a chance to war. The usual bottom matching was beiges from th5 thru th7 and th8 would mirror match not a single beige, but instead, th 9, th10, th11.

It is hard to ask a beige to toss their troops 3 or even 4 th levels up in war. So the donation change pretty much hammered our roster and made it extremely difficult for the beiges.

I think it is a great change and people should see things from an even-matchmaking point of view.
    The change pretty much destroyed the way we war and left our beiges out in the cold. We certainly understand how much better it is for some few? Many? others who war with limited th levels. Ours do not have the benefit any more of gaining war experience, war loot, amd are discouraged from playing the game at all.

On top of that, the change also has now encouraged perma bases at mid levels, about 15 in our clan alone now, so forget progression or having members grow their bases. As a multi account player, I certainly have an advantage in experience by not progressing my lower and mid bases, so I too have decided to not progress them.

And I do not hate the change. For me: This change by itself might get ranked by me as perhaps the worst and most destructive change to clashing ever - and I have been around a very long time.

Does this help to answer your question?

PS: Something I used to like to do is also now negated, and that was to go to lower th level clans, visit, and donate max troops. No reason for that now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but why not just read the thread where the people say they don’t like it instead of creating a new thread?
    There is no such thread which is why I made one

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinacria View Post
    We had been running mixed th levels th5 to max 13s, now to th14s. That sort of roster invariably caused a mismatch at the bottom. Prior to the change, our beiges had a chance to war. The usual bottom matching was beiges from th5 thru th7 and th8 would mirror match not a single beige, but instead, th 9, th10, th11.

It is hard to ask a beige to toss their troops 3 or even 4 th levels up in war. So the donation change pretty much hammered our roster and made it extremely difficult for the beiges.

The change pretty much destroyed the way we war and left our beiges out in the cold. We certainly understand how much better it is for some few? Many? others who war with limited th levels. Ours do not have the benefit any more of gaining war experience, war loot, amd are discouraged from playing the game at all.

On top of that, the change also has now encouraged perma bases at mid levels, about 15 in our clan alone now, so forget progression or having members grow their bases. As a multi account player, I certainly have an advantage in experience by not progressing my lower and mid bases, so I too have decided to not progress them.

And I do not hate the change. For me: This change by itself might get ranked by me as perhaps the worst and most destructive change to clashing ever - and I have been around a very long time.

Does this help to answer your question?
    It answers his question, but you have to realise that a clan like yours is somewhat unusual. I believe that most of the clans who war with a lot of beiges won't have the TH13/TH14s to be able to donate much higher.

Most of the clans who are heavy in TH13/TH14 will only take 1-2 beiges to war at most. More often none.

The fact that you rarely get opponents with any beiges should show you how unusual your lineup is.

And while I understand why you hate it, do you really think it was right that a TH6 could expect to get stars off a TH9? They will still have TH8 level CC troops, and a good chance of stars from a TH8.

As I say, I do understand why many don't like this change, but I think it was getting to the point where something had to be done, as maxed level troops were totally unbalancing at low level Town Halls, and that was only going to get worse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It answers his question, but you have to realise that a clan like yours is somewhat unusual. I believe that most of the clans who war with a lot of beiges won't have the TH13/TH14s to be able to donate much higher.

Most of the clans who are heavy in TH13/TH14 will only take 1-2 beiges to war at most. More often none.

The fact that you rarely get opponents with any beiges should show you how unusual your lineup is.

And while I understand why you hate it, do you really think it was right that a TH6 could expect to get stars off a TH9? They will still have TH8 level CC troops, and a good chance of stars from a TH8.

As I say, I do understand why many don't like this change, but I think it was getting to the point where something had to be done, as maxed level troops were totally unbalancing at low level Town Halls, and that was only going to get worse.
    Yes i agree. I don't approve of level 9 balloons on a th3 base

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    There is no such thread which is why I made one
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght=Sneak+peak

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It seems all this one is interested in, is creating new threads with ... strange ... questions for someone who does seem to know a bit about the game