Thread: New option to search clans

Banned

New option to search clans

There should be a mode town hall level option to search clans. This is because I want to search th8s but all I find are th9s and above and the ones I do find are rushed. I think this will be a good way for people to find the gameplay they want to see on demand.

Forum All-Star
    Nah. SuperCell don't have search expertise. The current state of clan searches proves that.

Instead, google should be invited to index all clan descriptions, and google used for searching.

For it to work better, clans should be encouraged to fill in certain key phases on their clan description. Eg. "Our location is Sweden". We speak Swedish. We recruit Nordic players TH8 TH9 and TH10. Of course, more free text is better.

I like the ops suggestion. The ability to search for a th would be helpful. Currently it searches from the minimum the clan set and uses the makeup of the clan. However I wish we could put a cap on it because my clan doesn't mind more th 10s, in fact we find they are more likely to stick around for whatever reason.

Since I can't tell if George's idea is a joke or not, im just going to say please no.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    I like the ops suggestion. The ability to search for a th would be helpful. Currently it searches from the minimum the clan set and uses the makeup of the clan. However I wish we could put a cap on it because my clan doesn't mind more th 10s, in fact we find they are more likely to stick around for whatever reason.

Since I can't tell if George's idea is a joke or not, im just going to say please no.
    Not a joke. However, it should be a simple thing to search for specific TH levels. For sure. And a whole range of other specific things.

Also, I am thinking that it is best for players to search for clans, but they need a lot more good options for searching. The cutsie tags are not very good.
    I run a couple of clans, and have helped with a couple more, and experience is that invited players do not become loyal members like cold applicants.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I run a couple of clans, and have helped with a couple more, and experience is that invited players do not become loyal members like cold applicants.
    This is true and it only stands to reason.... the invited player, potentially (unless clanless), has left the clan they are in, clearly seeing your clan as a better option... if this is so, then clearly he will leave yours when a better one again comes along.
    Players that seek you out are proactive in their own destiny, looking for a clan that suits and is probably more likely to stay.
    I agree, inviting is mostly a waist of time.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    This is true and it only stands to reason.... the invited player, potentially (unless clanless), has left the clan they are in, clearly seeing your clan as a better option... if this is so, then clearly he will leave yours when a better one again comes along.
    Players that seek you out are proactive in their own destiny, looking for a clan that suits and is probably more likely to stay.
    I agree, inviting is mostly a waist of time.
    Yes. Inviting wastes time so the search should direct you to the town hall levels you want.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes. Inviting wastes time so the search should direct you to the town hall levels you want.
    I’m not sure that follows the comment you quote.

I think what follows the comment is that clans should be able to register that they are open to applicants of a certain TH level (or other specifications), and that players seeking clans should be able to easily select clans to consider, according to what the clans say they are wanting.