Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum alternative?

Pro Member
    Nothing can replace forum.
    Unofficial Discord is place where I can get this community.
    Will follow twitter for official news.

But forum was is will be best 😍
    Last edited by PKapoor; May 9th, 2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    "First, I want to address the connection between this community and Supercell. This subreddit is run entirely autonomously, meaning that Supercell carries no weight here and has no say in any aspect of the community. Some users have expressed concerns that closing the forum to focus on Reddit means that Supercell has somehow integrated themselves into our community. This is not true. By “focus on Reddit,” it was a poorly worded attempt at saying they want to read what people have to say here instead of two places. It is not to say that they are going to have a hand in running the community. It is not our problem that they are closing the forum, so if Supercell decides they need a platform they can control, they can reopen their forum or choose some other method"

Hence its a lot casual over there. Abusing over there is fine. Memes are fine etc etc.
    Those aren't comments by r/ClashOfClans moderators. Those are old comments by r/ClashRoyale moderators which I had quoted in a reply to an r/ClashOfClans moderator. The subreddits are moderated by two entirely different mod teams. But yup, r/ClashOfClans is moderated entirely by players. I think its against reddit's ToS for companies to moderate subreddits, to prevent conflicts of interest.

Regarding abuse, it depends on what you mean by abuse ig, but the moderators remove most of the content which cross the line. I rarely come across toxic posts/comments on the subreddit. Memes are restricted to "Humor Weekends"; Saturdays and Sundays. Its a cool place with a solid community once you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    Reddit would be nice, if only they had topics. Everything is put together, you could sort by new and find:

A (I assume) Kid's drawing in a piece of paper trying to show a new idea
    A complaint
    An idea that's in the ruled out list here in the forums
    How to attack a th10 base
    Posts on the subreddit can be sorted to an extent by using the flairs(Humor and Memes/Questions/Personal Accomplishments/Official News/Guide/Strategic Discussion/All things builder base/Game Feedback).
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; May 9th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Those aren't comments by r/ClashOfClans moderators. Those are old comments by r/ClashRoyale moderators which I had quoted in a reply to an r/ClashOfClans moderator. The subreddits are moderated by two entirely different mod teams. But yup, r/ClashOfClans is moderated entirely by players. I think its against reddit's ToS for companies to moderate subreddits, to prevent conflicts of interest.

Regarding abuse, it depends on what you mean by abuse ig, but the moderators remove most of the content which cross the line. I rarely come across toxic posts/comments on the subreddit. Memes are restricted to "Humor Weekends"; Saturdays and Sundays. Its a cool place with a solid community once you get used to it.

Posts on the subreddit can be sorted to an extent by using the flairs(Humor and Memes/Questions/Personal Accomplishments/Official News/Guide/Strategic Discussion/All things builder base/Game Feedback).
    Yeah some reddit mod talk was going there. They said they were in contact with SC but SC had no ultimate power over the sub. Any actions taken were with utmost freedom. I myself am a redditor(although I am not into clash subs). This forum was an exclusive way of getting game stuff for me.

Reddit is although way more tolerant of casual attitude. If you spark fights over here in forums, you will be warned.

I read the forum closure thread on reddit and saw how most of the people were pretty welcoming of the forumers. For some reasons clash reddit hates forum mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    I read the forum closure thread on reddit and saw how most of the people were pretty welcoming of the forumers. For some reasons clash reddit hates forum mods.
    It seems that they have a lot of posters there that were banned here for being toxic. Their problems with the forum seem to be that it's full of "thin-skinned people" and "Supercell fanboys" that dare disagree with their opinions. When the moderators banned them, it's because they were "powertripping" and had "personal vendattas".

Also interesting is the only thread I could find with any discussion is the thread announcing the forum closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    It seems that they have a lot of posters there that were banned here for being toxic. Their problems with the forum seem to be that it's full of "thin-skinned people" and "Supercell fanboys" that dare disagree with their opinions. When the moderators banned them, it's because they were "powertripping" and had "personal vendattas".

Also interesting is the only thread I could find with any discussion is the thread announcing the forum closure.

Yes, those who had a negative experience here or those who disagree with the forum rules seem to be very vocal about their opinions and experiences. However, I don't believe they are in the majority. Most of the players in that sub very rarely participates in discussions, so it may seem that a lot of redditors "hate" the forums.

What do you mean by discussion? Discussion about the forum closing or discussion in general? Discussions are indeed rare, partly because of the limited visibility of non image posts. There are some discussions after the forum closing, such as this one https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...de_to_rushing/ . It is a guide post, but the poster responded to most comments so some discussions were brought up.