Thread: Buffing of traps

Banned

Buffing of traps

I think traps are a bit too weak so I may make some buffs (or nerfs even)
    Buffs:
    Small bombs: damage increases by 10 for every level
    Giant bombs: damage increases by 25 for every level
    air bombs: damage increases by 5 for each level
    seeking air mines: damage increases by 100 for each level
    spring traps: changes to levels from 1 - 5 in capacities: 15,16,17,18,19
    tornado trap: decreases by 3 seconds for each level (since they are a bit strong and ruin attacks which is unfair).
    skeleton traps: stat increase for each upgrade so not only they get an extra skeleton, the damage becomes higher by 5 let's say in order to be more threatening

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Don't get me wrong but your are once again coming back to your old ideas (TH8 based). You had improved yourself too much in between with really good ideas. But even after your past threads getting closed, you are still stuck at those ideas.
    I think the game is pretty balanced now (atleast for players below TH14) and I don't think there needs to be any changes or defence buffs. People are still recovering from the recent cc nerf, and if traps are buffed they might not feel playing it anymore.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I think traps are a bit too weak so I may make some buffs (or nerfs even)Buffs:Small bombs: damage increases by 10 for every levelGiant bombs: damage increases by 25 for every levelair bombs: damage increases by 5 for each levelseeking air mines: damage increases by 100 for each levelspring traps: changes to levels from 1 - 5 in capacities: 15,16,17,18,19tornado trap: decreases by 3 seconds for each level (since they are a bit strong and ruin attacks which is unfair). skeleton traps: stat increase for each upgrade so not only they get an extra skeleton, the damage becomes higher by 5 let's say in order to be more threatening
    I can dig the 'nado nerf, and I disagree with the spring trap nerf (I think we've discussed why before), but I think don't really see the point of the other changes. Can you explain what they try to do?
    Last edited by Ostentatious; May 8th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.

Small bombs are indexed to match wbs. This was particularly chosen. If you want to depart from this, you probably need to explain why besides "trap weak" since the trap serves a specific purpose thats been explained to us.

Giant bomb does fine right now. Pair it with a single bomb and it kills off several types of troops. The purpose of these is to weaken troops and force an early heal spell which I find it can do well since people who use hybrid on my base tend to not have any heals for the back end when they need them. I would explain what 25 dps is trying to do here.

I cant even find a reason for the air trap changes or what you're trying to do with these.

Spring trap: seems like your back to thinking low ths are supposed to be hard again. You've made this change before and is just repetitive. If you have a new and compelling reason to repeat yourself, it should be added.

Tornado trap, this one is seems like you wanted a nerf people could agree on to offset the buffs. Really, im on the side that thinks the tornado is a valuable base building tool that can easily be wasted. All too often I've seen the trap trigger on a stray archer or barb. Even a rogue goblin out of my siege and give no value. Other times I've seen it correct my bad pathing. Its a tool that can be wasted and do nothing or help the attacker.

Skeleton trap sounds nice in theory but since skeletons are basically always level 1, this would require a bunch of background work to adjust their stats. Not sure this is where I wish dev time was going towards unless it gets uses in other places too like the witch or skeleton spell.

Banned
    Yep looks like you guys are not happy with these exact ideas which is fine