Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: After Forum, which alternative for us?

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Home is where the people are.

Supercell forum SEO takes over Google search result. Everything points here, even back to 2012. That's why spammer come here, to be seen. That's why lurkers come here for quality posts. That's how more quality posts come to forum. Snowball effects and the circle starts again. Also that's why I post my guides here, because it will reach much more people over time - even non english speaker - than anywhere else and won't be buried over time, thanks to search engine.

This forum also attracts member after each update because of its "official" status. Posting ideas hoping Supercell will implement it, posting Bug report or request for support, hoping to have a direct chat with CM, get mad when it is not the case. Less likely to happen on "unofficial" ones. And frankly, it's Support's job and why Supercell publish FAQ in games with various translations. On some serious cases, CM always tweets to update players on the bug status.

Hay Day maintenance break used to link player to forum, then forum crashed , impossible to handle the peak of traffic of so many players coming at once. Since then they are directed to facebook page instead.

Hay Day has been around for so long that there is almost no myth left to discover. New products? Great! New deco?Execellent! But not much effect on how player plants crop or keeps playing the way they do: queue product, collect, fill order, play derby.... EM limit + Valley introduction + Bunny Derby, which I consider new mechanism, brought people here for discussion then eventually, once there is no mystery left to discuss, we are back to the usual state. The same questions got asked over and over again, how many times can one keeps answering until got fed up and eventually stop coming? That's how the traffic declined.

Each platform has its own strength and weaknesses.

FORUM
    Forum is ad free and does not incite to create acount to pursue browsing. However, it's so unnecessary complicated to post a picture on forum from your mobile device for non savvy members for example. So naturally people turns to other platform to show case their deco, derby achievement, level achivement, recruit, find people to trade with. Can't blame them. Nick has to post news/ annoucement manually while he can schedule them on other platforms. Behind the scenes on other platforms, there are also different automatic tools to help administrating easier, extracting data to read player feedback (not necessarily to reply to them).

REDDIT
    Reddit subforum (there are multiples with different size and traffic) are always in the competition of forum in terms of traffic. After forum closure, we could expect to see more savvy people - the generation that are more comfortable with such format - post there and get quality replies. Currently it's not happening because forum is here. Hay Day Subreddit could be better managed, with colourful tags on different types of topics: game discussion / how to / just for fun / achievement ..... There could be a guide to help improving onboarding experience to a total novice (how to minimise ad, what great tools are there....)

DISCORD
    Discord is simply a platform (and there are probably multiple ones about Hay Day than we know) where people get together. With a Discord account, you join one or several servers you feel comfortable with, not necessarily a chatty one. There can be a quiet server with no one chatting too . Depending on the size of member, there can be some serious discussion going on, we can even set cool down timer bewteen post (must wait 2 hours before posting again, but can edit own post).

TWITTER & FACEBOOK
    Following Hay Day on Official Twitter and Facebook page are most likely to be notified of news (which in-game news also do, in the language you play) when it happens. There are multiple Facebook groups which could also be traps for scamming, phishing, TOS breaking activities and what's not. Other language than english already has their own way to stay informed and recruit (language + timezone ) where they can find members.

All this to say that's why I'm asking you to think about what you really want. Let's say we all move to a new forum or any new place, but no newbie to post question or start a discussion or if the quality replies are no longer there, no interaction with Hay Day CM, then how long before you stop coming? This sounds brutal, however it happened with Boom Beach and Clash Royale before.

What do you want? The quality replies? The Official status? The repetitive questions? The fastest way to win the game? The info as soon as it becomes available? Just watching people discussing without participating? Something else?
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 8th, 2021 at 08:30 PM. Reason: why do I keep finding typo .....
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post

All this to say that's why I'm asking you to think about what you really want. Let's say we all move to a new forum or any new place, but no newbie to post question or start a discussion or if the quality replies are no longer there, no interaction with Hay Day CM, then how long before you stop coming? This sound brutal, however it happened with Boom Beach and Clash Royale before.

What do you want? The quality reply ? The Official status? The repetitive questions? The fastest way to win the game? The info as soon as it becomes available? Just watching people discussing without participating? Something else?
    it's because of thoughts of this nature that i feel reddit is the best solution. i actually did consider doing a forum but then dropped the idea...i've been here before. i used to have one years ago for something else when the official forums were closed...people gradually stopped coming because it was the same people day in and day out and there's only so much one can talk about with the same people and no movement and fresh blood.

the same happened again with the Mature HD Players Server i did...had life to start but then (predictably) faded...

not to be negative but i don't see the point to a CoC and HD forumites server...i truly don't...just go to the servers that already exists and ask to set up a channel for the forumites? surely? can't see em saying no to more members?..it could be a channel that had its own mods and is moderated as the forums are (roles and perms would easily sort this)...a channel for the older members only...tho that said, if anyone from any of the forums wanted to be on discord, they are already there...
    idk. i'm just thinking out loud here. discord just isn't the same...reddit isn't either but it's got possibilities i feel.

we already know that the mods on reddit are open to the idea of a forum migration to a sub there, from their reply to my post a couple of days ago. i don't want to do one, personally, but someone/a few could do one and not JUST for CoC because HD is getting left behind imo...i wanted a sub for both games that would hopefully be an alternative in terms of format, for all forumites to hopefully consider.
    purely because there would at least be traffic...and even if the forumites sub folded...in time and with familiarity...forumite posters could branch out and try HD and CoC subs already in place.

those that are comfortable with discord are already using those platforms...why more servers? doesn't make sense to me

what's needed imo, is a platform that replicates as closely as possible...the rich information that the forumites possess. where they can migrate and stay together.
    and something else...i used to recruit for HD on the forums. i recruit for CoC on the forums too...i don't use the discord and that is for a reason...my target audience/age group are not in discord...reddit might not be perfect, nor even close...but it has promise, it has traffic, plus it has a more mixed age range. ime.

just some thoughts to add to the mix.

I don't think it's realistic to put HD and Clash together? We are not quite in the same situation, although affected by the same situation. I'm always envious of their Clash API, their fan kit... oh my... their awesome fankit and so many ressources available on the internet. I feel for them as I play both games but I have deeper sympathies for Hay Day where we don't even have an up to date fankit to encourage fan made media.

I see the forumites server initiative is more of a way to stay in touch with forum members you might lose sight of once forum closes.

Different Discord servers means different rules, different moderation team, different people to talk with. Content creators set up their own discord server for their fan base, there are talks about their streaming schedule, upcoming events, exclusive info, recruitment and other things that aren't necessary to be in the Reddit server.

Human nature, we don't always appreciate each other. Even on this very peaceful side of forum, people has stopped posting because they don't like the forum rules about name/shaming or about discussing exploit. If I don't like the trading ratio or selling anything for more than what the game let me in RSS, I don't want to be bullied/pressured by those who do just because "that's how we do it here". It's good to have a choice when we know what we do not want.

I am, for example, in touch with some from forum via instant messaging. Not necessarily to chat all day. But I can send them a message like "hey, did you check the Dairy News, it's out today". That's all, 2 messages in 1 month and that's totally fine. A way to stay in touch with veteran players without daily need for chatting but just to stay in touch is what I may consider. Don't need new blood for this.
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 8th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Thank you for starting this thread, Mčo; I hope members will use it as a place to look for a way forward. Let's throw out ideas and thoughts for consideration.

Speaking personally, I choose not to use Facebook or other social media (I've dabbled with it, but it's not my cup of tea). Similarly, I don't get on with "instant chat" platforms. I much prefer something less ephemeral, where information is readily available and easy to find. I do like the Wiki for that, but it's not as detailed as some of the guides on the forum.

One thing that concerns me is that a lot of members are seeking solutions separately. That's admirable and absolutely great. Unfortunately it could result in the forum knowledge being dissipated across lots of platforms and being split into lots of fragments that don't interact.

I don't know what the ideal solution is. Like many, I am still reeling from the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    I think for some portion of people here, only a forum will suffice. It's just what we're used to and what we prefer. I keep hoping to see someone having made an unofficial forum. I was considering making one but I am unsure how successful it'll be after a year or two or even how much interest there'd be now. If anyone does create one themselves though, I'd be happy to help if they need it.

I personally need somewhere where I can communicate/help/post around my schedule. I don't care for real-time chat, as different time-zones make it hard to communicate properly. I suppose reddit is my best option but I don't get the same vibe there as I do on the forum, unfortunately.

Unless someone creates an unofficial forum and is happy to have me join, then I might just quietly play Hay Day. Might put a few messages in my farm name to say hi, see how everyone is, and to thank people now and again.

Nothing will replace this forum and this generous community.
    These posts sum it up for me I think. I do and have always visited the forum very regularly although I don’t always log in. I come for information, to check on various things, if I have a question that others may have asked and to see what is happening overall. I also come to the forum to contact friends.
    I don’t use social media and the options really don’t sound like they would suit.
    I am loosely in touch with several long time player friends on messaging apps which is great but does not replace the forum.
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; May 8th, 2021 at 09:57 PM.

Farm Level 204. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.

I have found a link of an unofficial hay day forum if anyone is interested.
    https://playhayday.boards.net/

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly74 View Post
    I have found a link of an unofficial hay day forum if anyone is interested.
    https://playhayday.boards.net/
    Thank you Butterfly74 for sharing the link. I've resgistered and created an account and made a post requesting to see the list of forum rules.

I see a post by Besta written in 2016.
    https://playhayday.boards.net/thread...a-revive-forum

If the above forum seems to be inactive, we may create another free forum using ProBoards.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Like Cowslips, I don't want to be on Facebook.

I think Reddit is probably the closest option to a forum. But I don't think they're official. I've sometimes gone there to talk about things we're not allowed to talk about here, lol.

What really made this the place to be, instead of various other forums, was the interaction with official Supercell representatives. Sigh. Looks like that's going to be on Facebook and Discord. Discord does have multiple channels, sorta like different sections of the forum, and it looks like SC is in charge, so presumably the rules there are the same as here. For better or worse.
    Level 224

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    Like Cowslips, I don't want to be on Facebook.

I think Reddit is probably the closest option to a forum. But I don't think they're official. I've sometimes gone there to talk about things we're not allowed to talk about here, lol.

What really made this the place to be, instead of various other forums, was the interaction with official Supercell representatives. Sigh. Looks like that's going to be on Facebook and Discord. Discord does have multiple channels, sorta like different sections of the forum, and it looks like SC is in charge, so presumably the rules there are the same as here. For better or worse.
    What you observe is the past state, not the future state. Something is not possible to talk about anymore since TOS changed.

Reddit is not official, but like other SC game that is present on Reddit, CM can get support from volunteered moderation team there. On Clash, multiple interactions between SC and players have taken place. I hope this can be the same for Hay Day in the future. Oh, and Reddit mod team is in contact with SC the way forum mods do.

The Discord server advertised (where Nick has an official account and said hello to people a few times) is run by this same subreddit people. There are cool things there like the map for advert calendar giftboxes....(channel currently hidden). It could be much better for forum members to see the light at the end of the tunnel if Reddit team could chime in and explain what is possible, what is required there other than just "join us, we are happy to see you here".

However, that Discord server seems like a private group to me, cannot be searched on the internet, not non-english speaker friendly, not my cup of milk.

Fun fact: the very first Valley map was made on Discord, I went there looking for like minded people for my project. However to reach a wider audience, we post it here.
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 9th, 2021 at 08:40 PM.

Trainee
    I am not a forum regular. I am person who is sometimes working without any sleep due to my profession. So, my work is a mess, and one of my joys has been reading this forum (I have been reading the forum for many years) - yes, it has been. I have benefited from the information in this forum incredibly. E.g., I verified that I was not the only one having a particular problem, I have learned new aspects, how to solve a certain problem, and many = long list... I am thankful to all those people who have put their knowledge and time in this forum.

I do not think that there is an alternative to this unique forum, at least from the perspective of an "external" = "non-regular" forum person:

- Discord: I tried and it is a complete mess in all aspects to my experience (sure, it may be me who cannot manage to handle it).

- Facebook: I do not wish to be on Facebook to have access to information on the game (I don't even have an FB account).

- Reddit: It looks fine but I think even the sub-forums are disorganized and the depth of information cannot be compared to this forum. (I also don't have an account).

- Hayday wiki: It also looks fine but superficial = general information is provided, and like reddit, the depth of information cannot be compared to this forum. It also seemed to me that people can pose questions but some or most answers are either not adequate or no answer is given.

"True" Alternative: I really hope or wish that people who have poured their incredible amount of knowledge and info in this forum sets up a new forum and continue there. I really know that it is a heck of a burden but I am more than sure many people like me will regularly follow that forum. It is so strange, we talk about the forum at work and the colleagues who still play the game share this opinion... I have no idea how I can help but I can perhaps help with the legal aspects etc. if such an idea is to be aimed.

Again: Many thanks to those people who have provided such valuable information and time in this forum.

Supercell: Closing such a beneficial unique forum is yet another reason that show your disrespect for the players.

It is normal that the number of new posts on this forum would and will reduce as many questions have already been answered in this forum. No one would create a new post to ask a question to which a depth answer is found in the forum. It is also quite normal that forum regulars become friends in time and the "same" people write most of the time. These are quite normal...

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    I'd like to share a post written about the pros and cons of Reddit versus Forums.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11901984
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI