Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How can a base be 100% destroyed but people only lose a fraction of loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    If a robber robs a bank, why do they not rob the bank completely clean? Why would they only rob a certain section of the bank and not every single safety deposit box, every single bank vault, every single employee, every single customer, every single piece of technology, and every single thing that is worth more than a penny in the bank? Why are they leaving with only a million dollars when they could leave with ten million dollars by completely robbing every single inch of the bank?
    Best case scenario, a successful bank robber leaves with less than $2k if the teller is following cash protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I know the reason. But if a robber robs a bank, why would they rob £100 but leave the rest of the millions there? It's just a bit illogical but I know why it's done. I'm just trying to bring up an idea.
    Consider this, you and your army can only carry so much. If that robber is good, he doesn't want to steal more than he can carry because then his getaway will be much harder as he has to make repeat trips or is moving slower due to bulk. Its illogical to assume they should take everything because this means this raid was planned down to the last drop and not deciding on a whim this base is the one you want to raid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by helloworld2 View Post
    using your “analogy” then you haven’t considered what’s in the safe
    I have
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    If a robber robs a bank, why do they not rob the bank completely clean? Why would they only rob a certain section of the bank and not every single safety deposit box, every single bank vault, every single employee, every single customer, every single piece of technology, and every single thing that is worth more than a penny in the bank? Why are they leaving with only a million dollars when they could leave with ten million dollars by completely robbing every single inch of the bank?
    They can it's just not practical as chased said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    This sums it up
    not really. I think the one below works
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Consider this, you and your army can only carry so much. If that robber is good, he doesn't want to steal more than he can carry because then his getaway will be much harder as he has to make repeat trips or is moving slower due to bulk. Its illogical to assume they should take everything because this means this raid was planned down to the last drop and not deciding on a whim this base is the one you want to raid.
    This makes more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Best case scenario, a successful bank robber leaves with less than $2k if the teller is following cash protocols.
    Yes

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    I know the reason. But if a robber robs a bank, why would they rob £100 but leave the rest of the millions there? It's just a bit illogical but I know why it's done. I'm just trying to bring up an idea.
    Let us compare it to a real world looting scenario. It is not exactly sneaking into a bank like opening a vault. Rather it is a smash and grab of property! Now, in those real world situations, the looter only gets back pennies on the dollar. Property has to be fenced, even large sums of cash has to be laundered. Even gold has to be sold at well below market value! Gold bars held within treasures are marked, and carry unique serial numbers, so they too must be re-smelted. Steal a car worth 80k, get 5k from a chop shop.

So, the rest of the profit went for fencing, laundering and payoffs. Such is the reality when you elected to enter a life of crime, sending you henchmen off to loot bases! Haven't you figured it out yet? Clan is just another name for family. "Clans clashing" is just another way of saying "families turf war". Welcome to the mob!

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    So that then explains why you gain only a portion of the proceeds. Why then does the defender have reduced losses? What do you think insurance policies are for?
    Last edited by rowman; May 8th, 2021 at 03:02 PM.

Go to legends and you wont lose any
    Level 228 | TH14 | 2851 war stars | clan C9R2GLC
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...anks-in-Forums Forum Ranks
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...es-Compilation
    I want to be Mayor of Dawnbreak City

It's because of the limited carry capacity of the invisible "loot carriers" that magically transport the loot that leaks out of damaged storages

But, if a robber robs a bank and gets caught in the act or after, he also goes to jail or even the morgue. How realistic do you want the game to be ? SC knows where you live !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    But, if a robber robs a bank and gets caught in the act or after, he also goes to jail or even the morgue. How realistic do you want the game to be ? SC knows where you live !
    Well... If I destroy an entire gold storage, where does the rest of the gold go? Underground?! Because that doesn't make sense.

Well... If I destroy an entire gold storage, where does the rest of the gold go? Underground?! Because that doesn't make sense.
    Why does destroying a storage mean you get any gold? How are you hauling it back to your base? Your troops brought nothing to store it in. And, what about when all of your troops die? How do you bring any loot home from the storage you destroyed earlier? That makes no sense. Itís a game and much of it makes no sense when you try to compare it to reality.
    Last edited by 2222; May 9th, 2021 at 11:05 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.