Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat filter on always?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilic View Post
    Okay so you are leaving a problem you created up to me, good to know you guys don't help one bit.
    You would be better off directing your ire at the US government as answered here.

So riddle me this, not only are you making it nearly impossible for me to contact every of my 40ish clanmates and get information out of them that you deem private, but you also have by far the worst chat filter known to man kind AND your button to filter and un filter clan chat DOES NOT WORK.
    Its an external program as answered here.

I understand it's for the "safety" of "kids" but why does that mean it's filtered for me? Just filer it for them it's unnecessary for me. That's a horribly flawed system and you know it.
    And we are back to the US government as first answered.....

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    You would be better off directing your ire at the US government as answered here.

Its an external program as answered here.

And we are back to the US government as first answered.....
    Okay to sum up your lazy response you're leaving the problem up to me, but there's a critical piece of information you're missing and that information is your button DOES NOT work. It is quite simple, you have the button there now it's just a matter of making it function properly. Filter it for those that aren't of age for such "naughty words" oh and may I add those naughty words are "I'm going to require 1000 points per person in clan games" and the whole thing is sensored. It's as simple as filtering it automatically for those who aren't of age and not for those who are. A simple fix that you're blaming the government for and your very flawed outside system. Make a new system. Do something. It's been years that we've been putting up with such a flawed system and the button simply functioning properly would fix it all. I think it's a matter of laziness to the problem rather than actual difficulty. You're telling me you can run such a beautifully balanced game, produce skins and season passes every month but not fix a multi-year long problem? Please respond with a little more on what you're actually doing about the problem rather than telling me to "talk to the government" that's not only irrational but just purely unprofessional. Do better. Thanks.

Okay to sum up your lazy response you're leaving the problem up to me, but there's a critical piece of information you're missing and that information is your button DOES NOT work. It is quite simple, you have the button there now it's just a matter of making it function properly. Filter it for those that aren't of age for such "naughty words" oh and may I add those naughty words are "I'm going to require 1000 points per person in clan games" and the whole thing is sensored. It's as simple as filtering it automatically for those who aren't of age and not for those who are. A simple fix that you're blaming the government for and your very flawed outside system. Make a new system. Do something. It's been years that we've been putting up with such a flawed system and the button simply functioning properly would fix it all. I think it's a matter of laziness to the problem rather than actual difficulty. You're telling me you can run such a beautifully balanced game, produce skins and season passes every month but not fix a multi-year long problem? Please respond with a little more on what you're actually doing about the problem rather than telling me to "talk to the government" that's not only irrational but just purely unprofessional. Do better. Thanks.
    You know you're not speaking to the developers, right? I tried to help, but it's clear you don't want to listen, so I won't bother any further. OK, you blustered away, I guess you can now sit back and wait for the game to change for you. Good luck with that.

And, for the record, I agree the censorship is overaggressive, even though the explanation why was given. And, I don't understand why it has to be applied across the entire clan either, rather than just for young players.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64
    Please respond with a little more on what you're actually doing about the problem...
    What am I actually doing about the problem? Nothing. Nada. Zero. Nichts. As I don't work for Supercell.

I am a volunteer at a forum that is due to close within the month so you will forgive my lack of interest. Or not. It doesn't bother me either way.

In order to comply with US regulations (yes, that government excuse again) Supercell have to censor chat within Clans. Not for individual players. Within Clans. As that is where the chat occurs. So ye. Talk to the government. Or don't. It doesn't bother me either way.

Okay to sum up your lazy response you're leaving the problem up to me...
    Funnily enough, given the insistence of the US government to impose these regulations, it is almost as though Supercell have left it up to the Clan leaders and co-leaders to take responsibility for managing their own Clan. You know, showing, er, leadership. So maybe you could ask your Clan members who is under 16, based in the US, created their account after the last update. Communicate with your Clan a bit. Explain the situation. You know, show some leadership. Or don't. It doesn't bother me..... etc.
    Last edited by Bakunin; June 21st, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

Does filtering it just for the underage users (in other words, forcing the "on" for chat filter for those players) comply with the US laws? You say that is all they have to do and I agree that would be a good change if it works, but you say it as though you have researched this and you know the answer. So...where did you find the answer that this change would be good enough? I'd like to see that myself as it would be an improvement.

If, if in fact, you don't know whether that would comply with the US laws, then I find your post to be very rude. If you don't know, then a much better post would be to simply say: One improvement would be for SC to simply force the chat filter "on" for the underage USA users and not filter it for the rest of the clan. It wouldn't help the underage players, but at least would help the rest. However, I don't know if that would comply with the USA laws. Does anyone know?

That would be much better than assuming it would comply and then insulting SC for not making that change (and actually you didn't insult SC, you directed it toward a player volunteer who doesn't work for SC).
    Last edited by 2222; June 21st, 2021 at 09:42 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    You know you're not speaking to the developers, right? I tried to help, but it's clear you don't want to listen, so I won't bother any further. OK, you blustered away, I guess you can now sit back and wait for the game to change for you. Good luck with that.

And, for the record, I agree the censorship is overaggressive, even though the explanation why was given. And, I don't understand why it has to be applied across the entire clan either, rather than just for young players.
    I am as of right now aware that you're not actual SUPERCELL employees, you're now rendered completely useless to me and so is this entire forum.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    What am I actually doing about the problem? Nothing. Nada. Zero. Nichts. As I don't work for Supercell.

I am a volunteer at a forum that is due to close within the month so you will forgive my lack of interest. Or not. It doesn't bother me either way.

In order to comply with US regulations (yes, that government excuse again) Supercell have to censor chat within Clans. Not for individual players. Within Clans. As that is where the chat occurs. So ye. Talk to the government. Or don't. It doesn't bother me either way.

Funnily enough, given the insistence of the US government to impose these regulations, it is almost as though Supercell have left it up to the Clan leaders and co-leaders to take responsibility for managing their own Clan. You know, showing, er, leadership. So maybe you could ask your Clan members who is under 16, based in the US, created their account after the last update. Communicate with your Clan a bit. Explain the situation. You know, show some leadership. Or don't. It doesn't bother me..... etc.
    Have you ever ran a clan before? Let alone when global chat is removed and almost everyone is now a foreigner who speaks not a hint of English? Are you aware that's it's not as simple as "taking leadership" play the game and start up a clan. Let me know how many people respond to you in even half decent English and not only that but respond to your actual question and not "thenk for donet leder". You don't work for SUPERCELL and that's good in my book since you're an awful forum moderator? Whatever you are.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Does filtering it just for the underage users (in other words, forcing the "on" for chat filter for those players) comply with the US laws? You say that is all they have to do and I agree that would be a good change if it works, but you say it as though you have researched this and you know the answer. So...where did you find the answer that this change would be good enough? I'd like to see that myself as it would be an improvement.

If, if in fact, you don't know whether that would comply with the US laws, then I find your post to be very rude. If you don't know, then a much better post would be to simply say: One improvement would be for SC to simply force the chat filter "on" for the underage USA users and not filter it for the rest of the clan. It wouldn't help the underage players, but at least would help the rest. However, I don't know if that would comply with the USA laws. Does anyone know?

That would be much better than assuming it would comply and then insulting SC for not making that change (and actually you didn't insult SC, you directed it toward a player volunteer who doesn't work for SC).
    Firstly, insult was well deserved, they provided no help making them unprofessional. Second, they're running the game, it's up to them to make it the best it can be and I still side by it's more on them being lazy than it being this "impossible task" or whatever it may be to change this filter. It impacts the gameplay astronomically and it needs change, no change has been given in years and for that reason I think they simply don't care. They're the developers, that's their problem to fix or make it easier for me to fix on my end. Try it yourself if you haven't already and you'll find yourself asking SUPERCELL for a solution.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #69
    Have you ever ran a clan before? Let alone when global chat is removed and almost everyone is now a foreigner who speaks not a hint of English? Are you aware that's it's not as simple as "taking leadership" play the game and start up a clan. Let me know how many people respond to you in even half decent English and not only that but respond to your actual question and not "thenk for donet leder". You don't work for SUPERCELL and that's good in my book since you're an awful forum moderator? Whatever you are.
    Yes, its somebody else's problem isn't it? Who are these players that dare not to be fluent English speakers? Why isn't Supercell fixing a problem imposed on them by a nation's government? Why isn't someone (other than you of course) doing something about it? And so on...

Give it a month and none of this will be here. Take it up with Supercell then. Adieu.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Everyone for 8 Years <3........Join Just Hay Day
    I am as of right now aware that you're not actual SUPERCELL employees, you're now rendered completely useless to me and so is this entire forum.
    The info regarding the roles on this forum were posted here, in the same section as the main forum rules, which you agreed to follow when joining and which says to READ BEFORE POSTING: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...tors-and-Staff
    If you can't post and the forums are read-only, then the forums are now closed.
    Come join the new unofficial Hay Day forum, we just got to 300 members! https://justhayday.boards.net/