Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat filter on always?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Enable the leaders to toggle the option of accepting or declining under 16 accounts in clan settings.
    That wouldn't really do all that much. It would just force people to lie about their age when they make an account.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    That wouldn't really do all that much. It would just force people to lie about their age when they make an account.
    And they can't do it already?
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

Honestly if this makes life of everyone easy then it's fine right.

Pro Member
    Found another funny banned phrase. "to the Dr" is banned! I don't think "to" or "the" are bad words. So it must be the evil word "Dr" which is short for Doctor.

I guess I will never understand the word police! Maybe we need to defund them!

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    Found another funny banned phrase. "to the Dr" is banned! I don't think "to" or "the" are bad words. So it must be the evil word "Dr" which is short for Doctor.

I guess I will never understand the word police! Maybe we need to defund them!

This is an interesting one and shows how complex creating a filter system actually is. Because the system tries to prevent people from posting their actual street addresses, the algorithm is seeing "to the dr" as the same way as someone posting a street address (ex. 2 The Drive). Viewing it the same as something like 34 Supercell Drive or similar. Had the text been written as "to the doctor" it wouldn't have filtered it.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Pro Member
    Shouldn't it be applied only to that individual?
    Others should be able to read stuff. Why punish the whole clan?
    This.. as SC needs to comply to USA standards and as there is already an optional filter for each player... I dont see why it couldn't be applied to the individual (both read and write) rather than the whole clan..
    ..and this I hope is SC plan (once they work out any kinks in the code it would require.)

New laws need to be acted on quickly. Most likely, SC don't only want to meet the requirements of any new laws fast. They would want to be as beyond reprouch as they can be. Especially when it comes to moral issues like protecting their youthful customers.
    I am sure they do also (if it is in their ability) want to not annoy thier adult customers with a constant censorship in clan chat. And are or will be working on a way to fix that if possible. They would still want thier youthful customers to be able to comunicate even while being censored. The fact that they are working on the censorship algorithm is a big possitive start. Maybe just need to be patient here.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 1 Day Ago at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    This.. as SC needs to comply to USA standards and as there is already an optional filter for each player... I dont see why it couldn't be applied to the individual (both read and write) rather than the whole clan..
    Or at least apply it only to US accounts. Like SC is already doing it with Chinese accounts (for which words "test" and "games" are censored).
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

Enable the leaders to toggle the option of accepting or declining under 16 accounts in clan settings.
    Didn't someone just say they don't know the implications of their age setting, so they won't lie? I would love such a setting and not because of the word filter but because we don't want children in our clan.

Pro Member
    Wow, that's a lot of responses by Darian in this thread.

However the one response I was searching for and can't seem to find is why the censorship happens for all clan members and not just the u16 kid? Is this just a technical limitation that hasn't been coded for?

What a relief. I thought it was just me. The other day I was messaging that I have donated 39000/52000 for the next xp level. And it was censored
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.