Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat filter on always?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #71

Quote Originally Posted by Cilic View Post
    Firstly, insult was well deserved, they provided no help making them unprofessional.
    The insults were not in any way deserved, they came because you are angry, not because of anything said wrong by any of the moderators.

And we aren't professional, we are all players like yourself, carrying out the moderation in our spare time.

Second, they're running the game, it's up to them to make it the best it can be and I still side by it's more on them being lazy than it being this "impossible task" or whatever it may be to change this filter.
    So you know better than them what the rules they have to apply are?

It impacts the gameplay astronomically and it needs change, no change has been given in years and for that reason I think they simply don't care.
    This is simply falkse. This system was first implemented in October last year. So only 8 months ago. It has NOT been years.

They're the developers, that's their problem to fix or make it easier for me to fix on my end. Try it yourself if you haven't already and you'll find yourself asking SUPERCELL for a solution.
    We all agree that the censorship is over aggressive. They really should try to reduce that asp[ect of it.

But AUIU, the rules around this are such that it has to be filtered for the whole clan, they aren't allowed to filter only for the players causing the issue.

Firstly, insult was well deserved, they provided no help making them unprofessional. Second, they're running the game, it's up to them to make it the best it can be and I still side by it's more on them being lazy than it being this "impossible task" or whatever it may be to change this filter. It impacts the gameplay astronomically and it needs change, no change has been given in years and for that reason I think they simply don't care. They're the developers, that's their problem to fix or make it easier for me to fix on my end. Try it yourself if you haven't already and you'll find yourself asking SUPERCELL for a solution.
    So, what I get from this is you have no idea whether the thing you said SC should simply do would comply with the US regulations that forced them to make the change.

As I have said before, changing it to just be a forced censor on for minors from the US would be an improvement over forcing the entire clan chat to be filtered. What I don't know is whether the US regulations allow for it or instead require the entire chat for the whole clan to be subject to the censor. Personally, I'd want to know that before I started insulting SC for not implementing it. Otherwise, it could make me look pretty foolish to be yelling at SC to make a change that they can't actually make and, even worse, acting like they are incompetent for not doing something when I was actually the ignorant one.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Firstly, insult was well deserved, they provided no help making them unprofessional. Second, they're running the game, it's up to them to make it the best it can be and I still side by it's more on them being lazy than it being this "impossible task" or whatever it may be to change this filter. It impacts the gameplay astronomically and it needs change, no change has been given in years and for that reason I think they simply don't care. They're the developers, that's their problem to fix or make it easier for me to fix on my end. Try it yourself if you haven't already and you'll find yourself asking SUPERCELL for a solution.
    I have to agree with Rizzob. You have come across something that's been annoying to quite a few people since it was implemented. Yes, it's annoying as heck. And - besides kicking out the newly joined people who have 'caused' this (unfortunately after simply being honest when setting up their account and nothing more) - there's nothing we can do at the moment. We can 'thank' the US government for imposing regulations. It has nothing to do with SuperCell wanting to bully clan leaders or anything.

The insults were and are not 'deserved' by any means. Not for the mods, nor for SuperCell who really don't have a choice in this matter.

Well, you've vented, and you've been the keyboard warrior you maybe always wanted to be. Now step back, breathe in and out again and think for a minute. Is this how you'd want to be treated by a random stranger who walks into your place of volunteering and is miffed by something you have to enforce and are not able to do anything about, besides explaining what's going on and why? If the answer to that is yes, you seem to have some other issues.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    What am I actually doing about the problem? Nothing. Nada. Zero. Nichts. As I don't work for Supercell.

I am a volunteer at a forum that is due to close within the month so you will forgive my lack of interest. Or not. It doesn't bother me either way.
    And if any SC official is reading this forum then above is the moderator attitude I've always been talking about. "I am not a SC employee, I don't care."
    A very strong reason why the forums should be shut down.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    And if any SC official is reading this forum then above is the moderator attitude I've always been talking about. "I am not a SC employee, I don't care."
    A very strong reason why the forums should be shut down.
    Good for you, contributing to a forum you believe should be shut down

Having been a member for longer than you, having volunteered far more of my time than you and having contributed far more, it should be easy for you to find dozens of my posts pre-dating the announcement of the closure of the forum where I display this "attitude you have always been talking about". I look forward to seeing them.

In the meantime, feel free to take any and all your issues to any of the other SC social media sites for discussion.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:53 AM.