Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat filter on always?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen66 View Post
    agree Who chooses these words? And why can't I turn it off
    If you read the second post in this thread, you will know why you can't turn it off (Personally, I don't understand why it has to be on for the whole clan, rather than just the relevant people, though it would mean you wouldn't know what they were actually able to see).

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    That was quick! "mail" now works! lol!

Now someone explain why "wife" and "spouse" are banned!
    I wish I could!

There is someone in your clan under 16. We had this happen and we couldn’t even say ok. The censorship really needs to be fixed. But to get rid of the ***** you need to find the underage clan mate.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathLily View Post
    There is someone in your clan under 16. We had this happen and we couldn’t even say ok. The censorship really needs to be fixed. But to get rid of the ***** you need to find the underage clan mate.
    To be specific, it means someone who is under 16 created a new account in the US after this feature went into the game.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Two years more than me

My Ruby Anniversary was in January.
    40 years! Congratulations. Hope you have many more to come. Always good to read this kind of news...

<snip> or are they jealous of my 42 years of marriage?
    Respect / gratz !

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Two years more than me

My Ruby Anniversary was in January.
    Gratz, quite the achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    To be specific, it means someone who is under 16 created a new account in the US after this feature went into the game.
    Shouldn't it be applied only to that individual?
    Others should be able to read stuff. Why punish the whole clan?

Pro Member
    I saw a reason for the filters in global. You had no control over who you were chatting with. Inside a clan I really don't understand. I take clan leadership seriously and I am fully capable to police the language.

Couple things I don't understand.
    Why does it only matter to US youth? Do other countries not swear? They better not chat with UK people!

I know there were stupid words banned in global but seems some were added since global demise.

And why are game platforms the language police? It seems there resources could be better spent.

Maybe the language police in supercell haven't worked in a public job with real people. As a retail "essential" worker I hear it all! It doesn't mean I use it or allow it in areas where I can control.

My father physically disciplined me only twice in my life. Once for swearing in front of my mother. Wish we could go back to the standards of his generation. Swearing in front of women and pretty much anyone else was not allowed.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    I saw a reason for the filters in global. You had no control over who you were chatting with. Inside a clan I really don't understand. I take clan leadership seriously and I am fully capable to police the language.

Couple things I don't understand.
    Why does it only matter to US youth? Do other countries not swear? They better not chat with UK people!
    This is due to US regulations. AIUI, if they want to keep the 13 rating for the game, they have to ensure that US minors under the age of 16 are not exposed to "unsuitable" language.

I know there were stupid words banned in global but seems some were added since global demise.

And why are game platforms the language police? It seems there resources could be better spent.
    As above. Supercell want to keep their 13 rating for the game.

Maybe the language police in supercell haven't worked in a public job with real people. As a retail "essential" worker I hear it all! It doesn't mean I use it or allow it in areas where I can control.

My father physically disciplined me only twice in my life. Once for swearing in front of my mother. Wish we could go back to the standards of his generation. Swearing in front of women and pretty much anyone else was not allowed.
    This harks back to that, but imposed from outside, and done in a very ham-fisted way.