Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat filter on always?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    This maybe dumb........but whats stopping those people to enter the incorrect age i.e more than 16.
    The same thing that young people with facebook accounts have been doing for ages.
    Is there any verification for the age that user have entered?

I am wondering just because i see so many people on forums , twitter and in game talking about ridiculous chat censoring after that update which means thousands of new accounts have been created in us region by people below age of 16 after the update.

So , if they just need to enter age then if every minor of us entered his/her age as 16+ then this problem could be completely solved !?
    I am also shocked that people enter their actual age in games because i ve seen so many little kids using fb ' insta and other social media platforms by entering incorrect age.
    Because you can't lie on the internet.

Seriously though, to your point, nothing stops them from entering any random age, but to a user starting a new account, they would have no idea what the implications of the age question are, so they might not see an incentive to lying. Plus, the younger generation has grown up with invasive social media, and are not used to the concept of privacy online, so I think few would even be suspicious about such a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Because you can't lie on the internet.

Seriously though, to your point, nothing stops them from entering any random age, but to a user starting a new account, they would have no idea what the implications of the age question are, so they might not see an incentive to lying. Plus, the younger generation has grown up with invasive social media, and are not used to the concept of privacy online, so I think few would even be suspicious about such a question.
    And, if they do lie and set up a false account claiming an older age (often with their parents' help), it really isn't SC's fault then if they see profanity in the chat.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

So we have to kick every American kid out of the clan and when someone new joins, type ďwifeĒ in the clan chat to see if theyíre an American kid. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    How will a child get access to Internet without any adult help ?
    Is this a serious question?? There is quite literally wifi access just about everywhere where I live. Children are quite adept at figuring out how things work and how to gain access to things.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    I was vehemently opposed to Supercell's decision to add "report" button in clan chat. I saw it then and now as the start of a slippery slope. Since then we've seen the death of global, this silly censorship of chat that is the focus of this thread, and the impending death of these forums. The writing is on the wall, regardless of the reasons, we will likely never see a social game like COC developed again in this environment. I would not be surprised if in-game social interaction is further muted or even eliminated in future updates.

lol, the end is near

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    This whole censorship is rather... Weird to me...

We shield kids from profanities (or the adult world) when at the same time most of the kids know/use more profanities than we do...

Donít get me wrong, of course itís important, and those pure kids should definitely have a good old fashioned talk with their parents about this before they get exposed to the real thing, itís just... I donít know... In this age of internet when some of my 5 years old students have IPhone 10s and access to the whole internet, I donít see the point.

I personally think instead of covering our kidsí ears with our palms, we should instead explain why some words are bad and why they shouldnít use them freely.

On top of that, I believe the filter at its current form can be rather contra-productive, let me give you an example:

I put on a request in game: ďAny ground, rage+freeze, any SM Ē, yet what I see is: ďAny ground, rage+freeze, any ** Ē. In which case would the kid be more likely to go and search for whatís the meaning of SM ?

A) if it wasnít censored and the kid would understand it as Siege Machine

or

B) if it was censored and the kid would ask themselves why

I think we all know the answer...

But I also understand that there are legalities present, so donít mind me, I wasnít born yesterday and know how business works...

/Edit:

And yes, the filter is and has always been there for me, whether itís on or off, it just decides to censor different words (can provide screenshots if necessary).
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 13th, 2021 at 06:35 PM.

Pro Member
    This really is starting to feel like a discussion appropriate for Off-Topic, as this is outside of SC's jurisdiction. The U.S. government responsible for this decision, so any sort of concerns would have to go to them.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; May 13th, 2021 at 07:39 PM.

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    This really is starting to feel like a discussion appropriate for Off-Topic, as this is outside of SC's jurisdiction. The U.S. government responsible for this decision, so any sort of concerns would have to go to them.
    nope, this is right where it belongs

General

Discuss anything related to Clash of Clans that doesn't fit in another sub-forum here!

Off-topic
    Everything but Clash of Clans. A place to build Community!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Whether it is outside of SC's jurisdiction doesn't matter (it isn't, BTW). It is about a feature of Clash of Clans, so does not belong in Off Topic.

And no, it is not outside their jurisdiction. They may be required to have censorship by the US rules, but those don't dictate the full details & level of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It's to conform to US policies. Out of our control.

Maybe try reading some of our other posts on the matter as we've discuss the reasons multiple times since it was implemented.

What is the actual point of this statement? Why do you think games have a rating system? Do you think it's just some arbitrary notification that game studios slap on the game for parental warning? There are actual standardizations that must be adhered to in order to conform to that rating approval.

Not gonna even touch this one.
    Enable the leaders to toggle the option of accepting or declining under 16 accounts in clan settings.