Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Rework Needed

Fresh Spawn

CWL Rework Needed

I have been in a number of clan war leagues since their release sometime before or after 2017 and mismatching has been something on the horizon since it was Introduced to Clash of Clans, whereby you'd choose your members who would generally be a varied group from max Townhalls to maybe 3 or 4 below the number 1.
    Mismatching was spoken about a number of times during its release because of the lack of balancing. You may have stuck in 15 members of all TH 11s into the monthly league in hope to rank up but you're plonked into a hat and randomly selected with clans who've picked the same size but may be a whole townhall level above you or God forbid two townhalls above you and then you're dumbstruck as to how you're meant to win and progress forward to ascertain more medals. I've spoken with a few people on this subject and most of them agree that it should be balanced based on similar townhall levels and defences to make it a much more balanced but more importantly a fairer and more enjoyable experience. Just because it's been like this for a few years doesn't mean it has to stick this way, change is on the horizon in many fields of like these days, so why not expand that concept into a clan war league rework?

I'd like to know your individual thoughts on this topic but regardless of how it may seem today, it does need balancing. The algorithms for normal wars are there and work reasonably well, so why has it not been implemented into this monthly league?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Looks like you might have missed this 298 page epic....

Fresh Spawn
    Indeed, I saw that but that was back in 2018 and nothing had been done since as the current way it's being done is awful. Dramatic changes needed for 2021

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Klawww View Post
    Indeed, I saw that but that was back in 2018 and nothing had been done since as the current way it's being done is awful. Dramatic changes needed for 2021
    That thread has been going on since 2018, but it is still current.

And no, nothing has been done, nor will anything be done.

If you bothered to read that thread, you would know why.

Forum All-Star
    The problem is that from CWL to CWL, the clan can change the accounts in the CWL. It makes for pretty random experiences in gold and below.

There are some ideas for solutions, but none seem particularly good.

Crystal up, clans seem to take it seriously and it is not random. However, thereís still the harshness if being at the bottom of your group as opposed to being at the top, of mostly losing vs winning. Thereís also the non-competitiveness, when clans work out that they donít want to be promoted.
    Last edited by George1971; May 7th, 2021 at 01:09 AM.