Results 1 to 7 of 7

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Minimum TH level in high CWL leagues

  1. #1
    Pro Member WorldDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    578

    Minimum TH level in high CWL leagues

    Why is it that especially in high leagues such as Champion 1 (CWL, not trophies), clans can still put in very low TH's on the war map? I think that whatever the highest TH level is should be the minimum level you can put on the war map. Lower TH's can still be taken into CWL on the overall roster, they just can't be thrown on the war map to participate.

    Why? Because it keeps happening that clans rotate leagues, and then use the Champion 1 clan to farm CWL medals with lower THs (while pushing the previously used Champion 2 clan back to Champion 1 with the high accounts). Especially in this league, it means an almost guarenteed 45 star war, giving the poules matched with such clans a default advantage over others. While blocking lower TH's from participating will never fix this 100%, I do think it will make it a bit more even.

    Not sure why this has not been implemented (yet)... Might be because it is complicated, but who knows. I think the CWL playing field needs to be as equal as possible, and this would be a decent step towards that.

  2. #2
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    613
    1) its a ladder system so ths clans with low ths might be able to climb higher than you expect with. Just 1 or 2 low ths. This would prevent those clans from being able to participate until the lower ths get where they are supposed to be.

    2) real example:clan works its way up the ladder in my case the enemy clan made it to master 3. At some point in master 3, their top 15 bases left leaving them with th 11s and lower they ended up fielding some th 6s. Safe to say every clan got 45 stars on them. Should this clan be stuck in master 3 until they can field whatever required ths are needed to participate? I think its better to let them lose.

    While this idea might fix the issue you described, you have ignored the multitude of other problems it creates and even though champion league is where the qualifiers are determined, the league makes up low percentage of players vs the change that would impact a lot of casual clans and make cwl more frustrating to them than it already is.

  3. #3
    Pro Member WorldDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    1) its a ladder system so ths clans with low ths might be able to climb higher than you expect with. Just 1 or 2 low ths. This would prevent those clans from being able to participate until the lower ths get where they are supposed to be.

    2) real example:clan works its way up the ladder in my case the enemy clan made it to master 3. At some point in master 3, their top 15 bases left leaving them with th 11s and lower they ended up fielding some th 6s. Safe to say every clan got 45 stars on them. Should this clan be stuck in master 3 until they can field whatever required ths are needed to participate? I think its better to let them lose.

    While this idea might fix the issue you described, you have ignored the multitude of other problems it creates and even though champion league is where the qualifiers are determined, the league makes up low percentage of players vs the change that would impact a lot of casual clans and make cwl more frustrating to them than it already is.
    The purpose of this post is to have an idea like this implemented for high CWL leagues. By this I mean that it would only be for Champion 1, maybe Champion 2, but not in any lower leagues.

  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    The purpose of this post is to have an idea like this implemented for high CWL leagues. By this I mean that it would only be for Champion 1, maybe Champion 2, but not in any lower leagues.
    Glad you decided to explain a specific league but why is champ 1 so special? Other than it being the highest league, right now teams are pulled for the qualifiers from all 3 champ leagues. If your trying to prevent inflated scores, you'd need to do this at all competitive leagues, not 1 maybe 2.

    Next your clarification didn't address any potential clan issues that still exist. My guess is a high skilled clan running 14 th 14s maxed out and 1 th 12 or 11 could push up to these leagues if the 14 had a consistently above average triple rate. How do you address clans that earned their way with a less than optimal roster but the skill to deserve to be there?

  5. #5
    Pro Member WorldDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Glad you decided to explain a specific league but why is champ 1 so special? Other than it being the highest league, right now teams are pulled for the qualifiers from all 3 champ leagues. If your trying to prevent inflated scores, you'd need to do this at all competitive leagues, not 1 maybe 2.

    Next your clarification didn't address any potential clan issues that still exist. My guess is a high skilled clan running 14 th 14s maxed out and 1 th 12 or 11 could push up to these leagues if the 14 had a consistently above average triple rate. How do you address clans that earned their way with a less than optimal roster but the skill to deserve to be there?
    Champion 1 mainly because that is where the top 64 clans can qualify to 'skip' the 1st day of the Pre Qualifier. Maybe spreading it out over all the Champion leagues would be better.

    As for the other point. Highly skilled clans don't run lower TH's. They run a roster of the highest TH's. Especially 1-2 months after a new TH is dropped, any roster with non highest TH players wouldn't survive anyway. Who knows, maybe even allow the 2 highest TH's to be entered in the active roster...

    The main 'problem' I'm trying to adress here are clans which put in TH 12, 11, 8 and even 5's in Champion 1 league. Really just shouldn't happen

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19,338
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    Not sure why this has not been implemented (yet)... Might be because it is complicated, but who knows. I think the CWL playing field needs to be as equal as possible, and this would be a decent step towards that.
    It has not been implemented, and almost certainly will never be implemented because it goes against Supercell's whole philosophy.

    I don't think it is something they will even briefly consider doing.

  7. #7
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,402
    Clans can level up low accounts with medals, once a month or less, as part of their strategy to not get promoted.

    My gut feel is that this is not realistic. Skilled players can level up low accounts very quick just by playing them.

    I doubt that there is a systemic problem here worth trying to solve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •