Thread: Miner, has this been addressed?

Miner, has this been addressed?

The current movement speed for the Miner is 32. That's the same as the Minion & Goblin. Just wondering why something that is tunneling underground is moving as quickly as the fastest moving troops.

Something else is that the Miner is not affected by the Tornado Trap. I understand if he was not above ground when the trap is active, but if he was, shouldn't he have the same delay as everything else?

Since the Miner already has an advantage of not being targeted by defense and such if he stays underground, why does he need that much speed (this is where Rage/Haste comes in) and immunity of the one trap?

Pro Member
    My question is, why do you think this is something that needs addressing? Miner is balanced as is in my opinion. The underground and immunity to traps mechanics make him very unique, but to compensate for these abilities his stats are below average for housing space. He also has plenty of counters. The movement speed is necessary for this troop because it spends a lot of time resurfacing and popping back up.

Why I think SC made him immune to the tornado is his theoretical behavior if he was spun around in it. We know the miners is too lazy to walk at all, and if he is even an inch away from his target he will go underground. So, under the tornado, what would happen is that the miner reaches his target, is spun away, instantly goes underground and resurfaces, ad infinitem. This behavior would be extremely janky and I'm glad it's not the case.

I think their ascending/descending speed and their vulnerability during that time is factored in somewhere to justify making their travel speed so fast and them invulnerable underground.

Are we asking from a lore perspective or a balance perspective...?

From a lore perspective we can kind of say whatever we want. Like dragons you would think should fly quite a bit faster than all the ground troops.

From a balance perspective I haven't seen anything to suggest miners are overpowered.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    The current movement speed for the Miner is 32. That's the same as the Minion & Goblin. Just wondering why something that is tunneling underground is moving as quickly as the fastest moving troops.

Something else is that the Miner is not affected by the Tornado Trap. I understand if he was not above ground when the trap is active, but if he was, shouldn't he have the same delay as everything else?

Since the Miner already has an advantage of not being targeted by defense and such if he stays underground, why does he need that much speed (this is where Rage/Haste comes in) and immunity of the one trap?
    To balance the Troop in the game and also versus all other ground troops of same type?

If we compare the same type of troop (that with similar purpose/function):
    Miner: HP 1,000 (housing space 6, target anything, move underground, unaffected by tornado, hit 1 building at a time)
    Hog Rider: HP 970 (housing space 5, target defense, jump over walls, hit 1 building at a time)

Miner ignore walls and doesn't have the ability to hit multiple buildings at once (same with Hog Rider for these 2 traits), but Miner have slightly higher (20%) housing space and target all buildings, while Hog Rider is defense targeting troops.

Banned
    For the lore part of it, I always thought of it as the miner never comes all the way out of the ground, it's always halfway still underground, thus it is rooted, and can't be moved by the wind. I think it is a well thought out mechanic that something rooted shouldn't be able to be spun by a wind. I mean it isn't a very strong tornado, dragons just spin in the air, if it was an EF5 they would be throw into the nearest archer tower and destroy it, minions would be stuck in the sides of the wizard tower. So since it is a weak tornado, the miner just stays planted.

-me

I believe miners are immune to tornado because the alternative might be considered a small buff actually based on the accidental buff they received some time back. If the tornado pulled them away, they would go underground and pop back up at their target and repeat. During this time, they would be able to be healed back up with little exposure to defenses since they are spending more time underground.

From more of a visual/lore, since miners don't come out of the ground fully to attack, it would look weird for the miner and the hole to be moving.

As for the movement speed, high speed is a nerf, low speed is a buff historically for miners. Since they cannot be targeted underground, slower movement means more time to be healed without taking damage. Faster movement means its above ground getting hit more often.