Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unofficial Forums Discord Server Public

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyer228 View Post
     discord is rubbish ’
    Discord is its own little microcosm, and it's grown on me. The trick as I see it is to become part of a network of servers instead of sticking to just one. Had my own dead-ish clan server for bot commands for a long while. It's refreshing to chat with other humans in that format.

 discord is rubbish ’
    Discord has it’s purpose, it is good for a clan who want to talk to each other and use it for planning war attacks etc. But it is certain not built for any sort of Forum type platform for discussions.

 discord is rubbish
    Its going to have an update to incorporate threads soon so maybe it'll be a platform similar to what we're losing here. If you're wanting to continue engaging with the clash community in a similar format there isnt many other choices.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    Its going to have an update to incorporate threads soon so maybe it'll be a platform similar to what we're losing here. If you're wanting to continue engaging with the clash community in a similar format there isnt many other choices.
    It won't come close... not after that update either

To quote my son, when it comes to replacements for the forum, Discord sucks, like a vacuum cleaner ... an industrial sized vacuum cleaner

Edited to add: Not so bad as a replacement for global ... in fact, much better!
    Last edited by PapaBear38; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:53 PM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Millennial Club
     discord is rubbish ’
    No, discord is great....
    It is not a suitable platform for a forum replacement but it isn’t rubbish....

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    It won't come close... not after that update either
    Everyone knows this thing.
    But we also know that it is the closest thing we can get to forums for game discussions

Hey guys, I just wanna say once again that don't hesitate to come over. We don't wanna lose all the wonderful forumers
    If you are not accustomed to the format or don't like it, don't worry, you'll get used to it, and we are also trying to keep it appealing. Discord can never be replacement for forums, both have their place, but we can keep in touch
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanna say once again that don't hesitate to come over. We don't wanna lose all the wonderful forumers
    If you are not accustomed to the format or don't like it, don't worry, you'll get used to it, and we are also trying to keep it appealing. Discord can never be replacement for forums, both have their place, but we can keep in touch
    One of the benefits of this fan-made Supercell Forum discord server is there's a place for discussion of all SC games, and when a new one like Clash Quest picks up more steam/launches globally, they'll create a new category and channels for it. While yes, you can go to various standalone discussion mediums like chilepepper's clash forum, "Just HayDay", or r/clashofclans (and you should, they all have benefits), the discord is great for those who play multiple SC games and want to discuss and connect with each other in those games as well as have a generally good time chatting about other things like music, programming, and cubing (no, not making ice cubes, but you can talk about that too).

If you're worried a topic might scroll away in the chat too fast, talk about it again. It's as simple as that. Anything goes as long as you're civil and respectful of others (and not trolling).
    Last edited by toofinedog; 1 Week Ago at 01:44 PM.