Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 69

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unofficial Forums Discord Server Public

  1. #31
    Pro Member Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    747
    Also everyone, if you have joined but cannot see any channel to chat, goto the rules channel and press thumbsup to verify you have read the rules
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    How? Where are the features that this forum has, as for instance described by Warios? Please elaborate, I'd love to see 'potential'...
    Discord has its own unique way of doing things. It's not like our forums but it has a wide array of features, like creating roles, channels, setting bots for various tasks that automate stuff.You can have specific channels for specific stuff, like how our forum in divided into off-topic, general etc.


    But there is a twist. Discord can get complicated and if you are not tech or discord savvy but still you want to be engaged with clash stuff then it can confuse you.

    If unmoderated discord can be a ultra nightmare.

    If you want to check specific features got to YouTube and see how people setup their servers.

  3. #33
    Forum Hero JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Discord has its own unique way of doing things. It's not like our forums but it has a wide array of features, like creating roles, channels, setting bots for various tasks that automate stuff.You can have specific channels for specific stuff, like how our forum in divided into off-topic, general etc.

    But there is a twist. Discord can get complicated and if you are not tech or discord savvy but still you want to be engaged with clash stuff then it can confuse you.

    If unmoderated discord can be a ultra nightmare.

    If you want to check specific features got to YouTube and see how people setup their servers.
    I know Discord ... just placing these types of generalisations here with 'just go to youtube', what does it add? Discord doesn't hold a candle to these forums, it really is as simple as that. Discord would have to fundamentally change for it to do so - and it won't...

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I know Discord ... just placing these types of generalisations here with 'just go to youtube', what does it add? Discord doesn't hold a candle to these forums, it really is as simple as that. Discord would have to fundamentally change for it to do so - and it won't...
    Umm you want me to post a yt link?


    https://youtu.be/VKrfRQOTdb8


    I just want the community to be together and trying to suggest measures. Discord is a extremely well optimised piece of software.
    If you want a ditto forum interface then you won't get it.
    Last edited by Montapegenesis; May 6th, 2021 at 08:22 AM.

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #35
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gliese-832c
    Posts
    6,223
    Just an FYI, there is a Clash Discord channel with about 100K members. https://discord.gg/clashofclans
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just an FYI, there is a Clash Discord channel with about 100K members. https://discord.gg/clashofclans
    Fanmade or Official?

  7. #37
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just an FYI, there is a Clash Discord channel with about 100K members. https://discord.gg/clashofclans
    I made an account and registered. It's like being in a school children's playground! I have nothing against school children playing in their playground, but I prefer to read a newspaper in the reading room.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I made an account and registered. It's like being in a school children's playground! I have nothing against school children playing in their playground, but I prefer to read a newspaper in the reading room.
    Do not engage with discord customer support.
    They will talk to you in anime language.

  9. #39
    ClasherAK47
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Fanmade or Official?
    Reddit server, Reddit is what's advertised in game to recruit players in News section and then you wonder why numbers are low.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    253
    Thanks for the initiative. I joined and after a day, I've left. It's definitely not in the same ballpark as these forums - requires scrolling up to figure out the topics that have been discussed and trying to follow it is impossible.

    A discourse forum would definitely be a better option in my mind (see example here https://meta.discourse.org). I'd be happy to set one up and host it if people want to run it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •