Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unofficial Forums Discord Server Public

I request everyone to support this initiative and join this discord server with the name that you have forum account (even same profile would be even better) Nothing can replace our forum experience but we can somehow save our forum community.
    It feels great to see familiar faces (or names you could say) there , it would take some time but we could have some in depth and serious discussions on game knowledge and other stuff.
    Thanks minley for this initiative!

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Discord is a great platform for real time communication and discussions, but for me what it lacks is ability to have separate discussions on different topics.

How I think of it is like this.
    You have a conference hall, in this hall are 100 tables with 10 people at each table discussing a different topic. Now if you have a transcript of the conversations going on for discord it would be line after line of text as it is said in chronological order, no separation of what topic is being discussed.

For a forum the transcript is also in chronological order but it is also separated by topic.

It's a great thing you got going here, don't get me wrong, but the discord platform in no way can replace the format like a forum.
    Discord can have topics organized by using separate channels for particular discussions, eg "How's that wonderful recruitment tool working for y'all". The Adm's on the server could pick a few daily topics and create a channel for it based on number of responses in general chat. Discord will in no way replace the sweet organization of topics here but it can be functional and also a social place, i.e. there could be a channel where if you were feeling a little clashy and wanted to do some fc's outside your clan, you could post this and connect (think of global..."anyone up for a fc?"). I truly hope some of the intelligent mature thoughtful individuals here in this place give the discord server that has been set up a chance. Losing their insightful comments and experience in the game would be unfortunate.

Centennial Club
    I joined as soon as I saw this post. Iím very familiar with Discord and I do think the Discord is organized as best as Discord allows - but so far, the conversation just isnít, well,

I donít know. I donít want to be a Debbie Downer because itís still relatively new and maybe some of our fellow forum clashers donít know how to navigate it yet. But, the intelligent conversation just isnít quite there. Itís very casual, as Discord typically is.

I know Internet forums are all going by the wayside in general but Iíll really miss them, especially this one at its height of popularity. I could always come here for the latest base design, with people showing screenshots of their defensive logs.

Iím just going to miss so much about this place. Iíll keep giving it a chance but I really wish more people here were on board with the Facebook Groups idea. Itís the closest format to an Internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuney View Post
    I joined as soon as I saw this post. I’m very familiar with Discord and I do think the Discord is organized as best as Discord allows - but so far, the conversation just isn’t, well,

I don’t know. I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer because it’s still relatively new and maybe some of our fellow forum clashers don’t know how to navigate it yet. But, the intelligent conversation just isn’t quite there. It’s very casual, as Discord typically is.

I know Internet forums are all going by the wayside in general but I’ll really miss them, especially this one at its height of popularity. I could always come here for the latest base design, with people showing screenshots of their defensive logs.

I’m just going to miss so much about this place. I’ll keep giving it a chance but I really wish more people here were on board with the Facebook Groups idea. It’s the closest format to an Internet forum.
    I tend to agree. I find the conversation hard to follow in the channels. I don't mean this as a criticism to those who started it, I just think the format is more like Slack/group IM. Great to talk about one thing in real-time, like a conversation, not so great for archival-quality threads on a topic.

That said, I think there's a place for it, and I'll continue to visit on and off. I appreciate the effort put into this, it's definitely a labor of love.

And so far, the memes are better than the uninspired ones that pepper the subreddit

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuney View Post
    I really wish more people here were on board with the Facebook Groups idea. It’s the closest format to an Internet forum.
    having to create a separate FB account just for the CoC group I would have to pass on that, don’t like or trust FB that much as it is

I just joined! My discord username is Jayflight, I'll try to change it to my username here or vice versa maybe. I tried to get every username on every account I have on stuff the same but it looks like I missed the forums here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexatron225 View Post
    I just joined! My discord username is Jayflight, I'll try to change it to my username here or vice versa maybe. I tried to get every username on every account I have on stuff the same but it looks like I missed the forums here lol.
    A channel was added to give your forum name if different from your discord one if you don’t want to change it.

This is great work for coming up so quick! If U.S.A Famís discord team can lend a hand for a day or two with getting Ďer built up let us know - a couple veteran mods, particularly ScatterBot creator ReverendMike.

New Bloke/Chick
    Looks like discord is in the process of testing and rolling out threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/...g_out_threads/

CoC- lvl 229 | TH13 | War Stars 1289 | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25

BB- lvl 71 | 363 vp | RR 50% | PSC 75% | GBE 73% | DD 33% | DH 30% | TD 28% | TH 31% |

Discord is not for me. When this forum closes I will no longer be chatting about coc.
    Level 228 | TH14 | 2851 war stars | clan C9R2GLC
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...anks-in-Forums Forum Ranks
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...es-Compilation
    I want to be Mayor of Dawnbreak City