Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL, what's going on?

CWL, what's going on?

We are in crystal 1 and have just come up against a lvl 3 clan who have won only 3 wars. They have 1 th12, 3 th11, 2 th10, 6 th9, and the rest are 8 down to 5. How is this possible? Is it an algorithmic mistake or what? Not complaining as we'll get a perfect war and 3 teams haven't but it is more than a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by G451N View Post
    We are in crystal 1 and have just come up against a lvl 3 clan who have won only 3 wars. They have 1 th12, 3 th11, 2 th10, 6 th9, and the rest are 8 down to 5. How is this possible? Is it an algorithmic mistake or what? Not complaining as we'll get a perfect war and 3 teams haven't but it is more than a little odd.
    What do you find impossible about it? I don't understand the question. There is no matchmaking in CWL. They were in Crystal1 and so you were you, that is all it takes to get in the same group.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

New Bloke/Chick
    Yea, no matchmaking in CWL. They had a decent lineup. Made it to Crystal 1. People left. Now they are left with remnants of a Crystal 1 team. They will lose until they find their new league somewhere down in Gold.
    Will Recks [ #L9VUR9Q8 ]
    Townhall 14 | Level 232
    BK: 80 | AQ: 80 | GW: 55 | RC: 30
    Walls lvl. 14: 225/225 | 15: 055/100

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    There is no algorithm. It could be that they swapped people out for this CWL season.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    What is your complaint? Are you questioning how they got to level 3 despite winning only 3 wars? They might have played only cwl and clan games to level up their clan.

If you read the text I said I wasn't complaining, I'm just curious as to how it happened. It's more the fact that in their clan description it says they have only won 3 wars, does this mean CWL wars don't count towards this total? If that's the case I can understand, maybe it was an exclusively CWL clan and they swapped members out. As I say I'm just trying to understand what's going on. It's been fun,some light relief in an otherwise tense week. We had one member take out a base with just spells, other people with just heroes, or the least amount troops possible. Oh and thanks Darian for responding personally, you really do a fantastic job and I'm honoured and slightly humbled to get a response from you.

If you read the text I said I wasn't complaining, I'm just curious as to how it happened. It's more the fact that in their clan description it says they have only won 3 wars, does this mean CWL wars don't count towards this total? If that's the case I can understand, maybe it was an exclusively CWL clan and they swapped members out. As I say I'm just trying to understand what's going on. It's been fun,some light relief in an otherwise tense week. We had one member take out a base with just spells, other people with just heroes, or the least amount troops possible. Oh and thanks Darian for responding personally, you really do a fantastic job and I'm honoured and slightly humbled to get a response from you.
    Yeah, those 3 wins is only their classic war log.. CWL is recorded separately.. Although both yield clan xp, and even if they lost regularly in classic, they only lose the 50xp win bonus each war by default (plus any bases they didnt score against along the way)

Are a few scenarios that would place them at level 3, but that breakdown certainly wouldnt reach Crystal 1 CWL..
    As suggested, they either lost members or simply swapped the line up.. maybe it is an alt of another clan.

Happy days tho mate.. It certainly is a nice change to the norm.

Either their core members left them or they simply want to demote themselves. You can't just judge only 1 clan out of 7 clans. The other clans may have decent line up. What about other opponents from other days?

Treat that as your lucky day. My clan is currently having 15v15 Master1, and our day 1 opponent has 5-6 TH12-TH11s which shocked us.
    Clan leader of CITATS #PG080UQ (Champ3)

Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-tracker-clan

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yeah, those 3 wins is only their classic war log.. CWL is recorded separately.. Although both yield clan xp, and even if they lost regularly in classic, they only lose the 50xp win bonus each war by default (plus any bases they didnt score against along the way)

Are a few scenarios that would place them at level 3, but that breakdown certainly wouldnt reach Crystal 1 CWL..
    As suggested, they either lost members or simply swapped the line up.. maybe it is an alt of another clan.

Happy days tho mate.. It certainly is a nice change to the norm.
    Thanks for the polite and considered response, answers all my questions. Good luck in your war.