Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clarification forum read only mode please?

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

Clarification forum read only mode please?

Hi,

I would like to estimate the time left we have for safeguarding some forum historic threads.

Could some one clarify what technically no longer possible once forum went into read only mode? Is that like all the thread locked but we can still log in, make search and browse thread? A few forum currently not accepting reply from forum members for example.

or is the read only mode mean we cannot even log in to access our personal space (PM, subscribed threads….)

if you talk vBulletin, what are the steps to switch forum to this “read only” mode? Depending on the actions, ther could be just 4 weeks or 12 weeks to get a hold on our valuable info.

Thank you.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

I think it's June when it gets read only and August when it's snapped out of existence. So you probably will have atleast 8 weeks.
    THey said we can save our Visitor messages and things etc., so I think we can either only see the visitor messages, or the PMs as well
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

You are mistaken Minley. June doesn’t mean 30rd June.

With Summer update coming sometimes, it would logically be before the update as well.
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

Meo, to be honest, I think “mainly” really Nick can answer you with the most details, considering his position here. It’d be better pm’ing him and informing us of the expected process to shut this down.

#ripscforums
    Last edited by PaluEF; May 4th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

I’ve been on the other side once. I trust this post will reach him.

Was hoping other tech savvy people could give some pointer as well. Google has not been my friend this time.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I’ve been on the other side once. I trust this post will reach him.

Was hoping other tech savvy people could give some pointer as well. Google has not been my friend this time.
    Even as a current mod, I'm not quite sure. There are settings which can make all forums "closed", so nobody can post, but I can't really find information about whether usergroups can have permissions to post PMs and VMs removed while still allowing them to be seen.

Thanks.

If you are talking about Forum Permission Manager then I see what it is. All forum will become like the Supercell main forum rules forum, member in the normal user group without any privilege can only view, no post (new thread nor reply). If still able to log in, then should be able send/read/ download PM (share contact info for the last time), edit signature for one last shout out.

Would we still be able to Edit our post? Because I so love copying BBCODE sometimes (toggle source code when edit)
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 5th, 2021 at 09:03 AM.

Could the team please find out and inform us?

Ability to inform people through PM of our next destination/ how to stay in touch till August (complete close down) is really appreciated. June update is not far away and I am almost certain forum would be in read only mode by then.

Thank you so much
    Last edited by meonhoc; May 7th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.