Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Taunting

Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    LOL!!! A violation of privacy is too funny, an online multiplayer game where no one should be able to see what I do makes no sense
    I would suggest that your tone and attitude is exhibit a for why to just say no.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Pro Member
    I respect your opinion sir, but disagree, I don't think clash royal and clash of clans are "apples to oranges" both are VS games, both allow spectators, both require strategy, made by the same developer, ect.. I think you would see more people spectating and again, there is more money to be made for SUPERCELL with different taunts.
    "Made by the same developer" holds no water here, as we have been told each team works independently of each other.

You're missing the most important point. CR is head-to-head with an opponent live. In clash, even in the builder base you can think of an attack as a single-player experience. There's no opponent to thwart here, only you and the base, which is controlled by AI. As such, I think emotes are at the least unnecessary. At most they actively go against the way the game is meant to be played and fosters toxicity.

Absolute 100% flat out NO from me on this idea. This does not encourage camaraderie or competition, it does not foster good sportsmanship or anything remotely positive. This isn't even a gray area, this is the OP asking for a feature to allow toxic players to proliferate toxic behavior into the game. Nope nope nope. All the nope.
    Check out My Village

You guys are right, I just launched an attack and had someone watching and I just feel dirty now, like I've been violated. If my violator would have been taunting me while I three starred that base I probably would have snapped and uninstalled the game

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I would suggest that your tone and attitude is exhibit a for why to just say no.
    Agreed.

Reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch where the guy goes into a building looking for the right office to get an insult.

If I want abuse I can find it anywhere outside of CoC, I don’t need it in my leisure time.

Funny enough, the OP’s original post was NOT positioned this way: “Hey, I think it would be hilarious if the person I am attacking could taunt me during the attack”. That tells me everything I need to know about the real motive and worldview.
    Last edited by Tosti111; May 4th, 2021 at 05:25 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Players used to not be able to spectate. Spectating was a feature added into the game long after its initial launch; we're talking years after its launch.

When I first started playing CoC, spectating was not a thing. So yes, in fact, when SC added in the ability to spectate attacks, they, in some ways, violated my (and others') privacy.

I rather enjoyed the fact that other players couldn't view my attacks, and now that such privacy has been violated, it does leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
    You have always been able to spectate war attacks since I have been playing and that was in late 2013.

Tollboothwillie
    You guys are right, I just launched an attack and had someone watching and I just feel dirty now, like I've been violated. If my violator would have been taunting me while I three starred that base I probably would have snapped and uninstalled the game
    This post is exactly why you won't understand why some people don't want it.

I myself don't care about the eye being there but don't want the taunting that won't be in line with your attack because it's not live(which you don't understand) and don't need junk filling my screen where I might be dropping troops/spells. If your emojis are as small as the eye then it's even more pointless because of how small it is.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You have always been able to spectate war attacks since I have been playing and that was in late 2013.
    You couldn't spectate multi-player attacks unless you were the defender.

LOL!!! A violation of privacy is too funny, an online multiplayer game where no one should be able to see what I do makes no sense
    You respected the others answer why not his? Bit bipolar eh?

If clash added this, I could finally get off my phone and focus on playing warzone. Doesn't seem like it's happerning anytime soon.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    You couldn't spectate multi-player attacks unless you were the defender.
    Agreed. That was a fair bit more recent.

When I started, if you tried to log in when under attack, you just got a message saying your base was under attack, and there was absolutely nothing you could do but wait, with nothing but the message to look at. I'm not sure whether allowing friends to spectate came at the same time as allowing the defender to spectate, or whether that was a later addition.

And I can understand the feeling that is a violation of privacy.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I can see why it would.