Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement!

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I’m grieving. I really am. I’m a little surprised at how much. So I imagine Nick et al must be going through some stuff. I remember when the Boom Beach forum shut down and Hay Dayers got antsy, Nick declared that the Hay Day forum would shut down over his dead body - or something close to that. I believe that “our people” fought for the forums. There are so many reasons to wish they’d been successful but that’s life...
    I think both Nick and Darian tried their hardest and gave it their all to come up with another alternative to the forum closure, but sadly, our dwindling numbers in the forums worked against the continual existence of the Supercell forums. Here are their reactions when Team Boom Beach closed its subforum in 2018.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847694

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847769

Darian and Nick fighting for the forums
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12802838
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 4th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Iíll miss your posts and wisdom, Gymgirl, but will continue visiting your farm.

Farm Level 80 - Town Level 19
    Daily Player
    400+ Golden Voucher Club
    GC: Cindi-5

Iíll be so sad when the HD Forum closes. Iíll miss you, friends.

Centennial Club
    I have this weird feeling.... that it’s the beginning of the end of Hay Day. I hope I’m wrong. I have learned a lot of things from other players on this forum. It’s very difficult to sink it.

I’m afraid that when there won’t be a forum, people won’t be able to “flag” problems in the game, make suggestions, share knowledge etc... people will get frustrated with the game and quit. Over time, there will be less players and eventually .... no more Hay Day.

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindi5 View Post
    Iíll miss your posts and wisdom, Gymgirl, but will continue visiting your farm.
    And I will still visit you. We have been family together for a long time.

Farm Level 202. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.

So sad.
    There were so many wonderful ideas and posts on here which I found so interesting.
    Very sad to see all the history go.

After 8+ years of our beloved Forums being around, we are told they are no longer Ďworthí the effort and expense of continuing or even being saved for future players. Itís said that much has been considered to come to the decision to let the forums become non-existent. Literally, sometime soon after summer break for SC, it will be as though the questions, conversations, brainstorming, ranting, along with the help so many received never ever happened. This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone - The Day the SC Forum Died!

Is everything now about getting an emoji? Instant gratification? And what about the players that actually want to have civil or at times not so civil discussions, but are time zones apart? How far back will I need to scroll (or can I) on a discord page, or reddit 🤢 to see what might be of interest to me? Maybe the forums are antiquated or maybe many of the players are? There is a certain generation that doesnít have the need to see who gets the most ďlikes or I agreeĒ. Those players love the forum!! Simple as that. These are the players that know how to look for the information, but may need to ask questions. These players are able to wait for a response. These players are not interested in FaceBook, Twitter or InstaGram. In my opinion, what you get with those platforms is superficial, just a comment or thought, many times it has little to no purpose. ďHave you hugged your dog today?Ē Ok, thatís a nice thought but it is doing nothing to help me find why or how Iím having an issue with my farm.

On our forums there were areas for every player. Many just wanted to have fun and connect. They generally loved the Off Topic Forum. Every area of the forum had a reason. This made it convenient to find what one needed when it was needed. Iíd venture to guess that in the newer social media platforms, we will be lucky to get even one post per day. Does a user actually have to visit those sites to be counted as a viewer? Or simply be a follower where itís automatically delivered to you whether you read it or not.

If SC prides itself on games that build communities within them, how can they destroy the one community that encompasses each of these wonderful games?

One of biggest fears, (God, donít let it come true) is if this long standing wealth of information can be erased from history, is our game next on the list? Seriously, it really, really seems a possibility now.

Thanks to Be A Legend for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    ...One of biggest fears, (God, don’t let it come true) is if this long standing wealth of information can be erased from history, is our game next on the list? Seriously, it really, really seems a possibility now.
    As some of you may know, Nick wears several hats at Supercell including being the Hay Day Community Manager and the Forum Admin. He joined the forums in August 2012, a few months after Hay Day was released globally for iOS In June 2012. Prior to this week, I thought the Supercell forums would outlive most of its games until I learned that the dwindling membership in the forums for the past several years made the continual survival of the forums an impossibility, sadly.

I'm speculating the following. It's always a possibility to me that Team Hay Day would kill its creation someday when the number of players drop below a specific number despite their best efforts to sustain an aging game. Like human beings, Hay Day will not attain immortality. Well, maybe those of us who are blessed with children and grandchildren but I digress.

IIRC, the Supercell CEO revealed in an online article that there are several criteria before their games get a global release. He meets with the game team and they agree on the number of players they must achieve during beta. They will only release their game to the global market if they see themselves spending many years developing the game. Otherwise, they must kill their creation and move on to develop other games.

Since there's an entry point for new games, I'm speculating there's also an exit point for live games such as Hay Day. But we don't need to worry yet as long as Team Hay Day releases regular updates. When updates become irregular without explanation from Team Hay Day via the in game news tab or other social media channels, then I'd be worried that the number of players had dropped so low Team Hay Day must consider killing their creation and moving on to develop other games.

Valar morghulis.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 6th, 2021 at 02:54 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    After 8+ years of our beloved Forums being around, we are told they are no longer ‘worth’ the effort and expense of continuing or even being saved for future players. It’s said that much has been considered to come to the decision to let the forums become non-existent. Literally, sometime soon after summer break for SC, it will be as though the questions, conversations, brainstorming, ranting, along with the help so many received never ever happened. This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone - The Day the SC Forum Died!

Is everything now about getting an emoji? Instant gratification? And what about the players that actually want to have civil or at times not so civil discussions, but are time zones apart? How far back will I need to scroll (or can I) on a discord page, or reddit 濫 to see what might be of interest to me? Maybe the forums are antiquated or maybe many of the players are? There is a certain generation that doesn’t have the need to see who gets the most “likes or I agree”. Those players love the forum!! Simple as that. These are the players that know how to look for the information, but may need to ask questions. These players are able to wait for a response. These players are not interested in FaceBook, Twitter or InstaGram. In my opinion, what you get with those platforms is superficial, just a comment or thought, many times it has little to no purpose. “Have you hugged your dog today?” Ok, that’s a nice thought but it is doing nothing to help me find why or how I’m having an issue with my farm.

On our forums there were areas for every player. Many just wanted to have fun and connect. They generally loved the Off Topic Forum. Every area of the forum had a reason. This made it convenient to find what one needed when it was needed. I’d venture to guess that in the newer social media platforms, we will be lucky to get even one post per day. Does a user actually have to visit those sites to be counted as a viewer? Or simply be a follower where it’s automatically delivered to you whether you read it or not.

If SC prides itself on games that build communities within them, how can they destroy the one community that encompasses each of these wonderful games?

One of biggest fears, (God, don’t let it come true) is if this long standing wealth of information can be erased from history, is our game next on the list? Seriously, it really, really seems a possibility now.
    Well said Momscar. Farming life will not be same when the forum goes.

Farm Level 202. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.

A few minutes ago, Nick's co-worker Darian shared with us how many of us are using the forums and the estimated costs of moving us to a new, secured forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Indeed it was. If we simply moved to another platform, chances are there would be large swathes of people who wouldn't migrate to the new one which would mean even further reduced users. Additionally, we would still be faced with the same logistical issues that led to this point to begin with, which would be contracting a consultant to find a secure platform, securely migrating the data, having multiple security audits, getting governmental certification (the Finnish government is incredibly adamant about data security. Like crazy thorough).

Again, if we still had tens of thousands of users every day, we could justify the 6 to 7-digit price tag. But you're asking for that kind of investment for just a few hundred people. And I'm talking under 300 people. Even if I could do it, there is no finance team in the world no matter what company that would ok such an investment for such a small group of people.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12803580
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:31 PM.

After 8+ years of our beloved Forums being around, we are told they are no longer ‘worth’ the effort and expense of continuing or even being saved for future players. It’s said that much has been considered to come to the decision to let the forums become non-existent. Literally, sometime soon after summer break for SC, it will be as though the questions, conversations, brainstorming, ranting, along with the help so many received never ever happened. This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone - The Day the SC Forum Died!

Is everything now about getting an emoji? Instant gratification? And what about the players that actually want to have civil or at times not so civil discussions, but are time zones apart? How far back will I need to scroll (or can I) on a discord page, or reddit 濫 to see what might be of interest to me? Maybe the forums are antiquated or maybe many of the players are? There is a certain generation that doesn’t have the need to see who gets the most “likes or I agree”. Those players love the forum!! Simple as that. These are the players that know how to look for the information, but may need to ask questions. These players are able to wait for a response. These players are not interested in FaceBook, Twitter or InstaGram. In my opinion, what you get with those platforms is superficial, just a comment or thought, many times it has little to no purpose. “Have you hugged your dog today?” Ok, that’s a nice thought but it is doing nothing to help me find why or how I’m having an issue with my farm.

On our forums there were areas for every player. Many just wanted to have fun and connect. They generally loved the Off Topic Forum. Every area of the forum had a reason. This made it convenient to find what one needed when it was needed. I’d venture to guess that in the newer social media platforms, we will be lucky to get even one post per day. Does a user actually have to visit those sites to be counted as a viewer? Or simply be a follower where it’s automatically delivered to you whether you read it or not.

One of biggest fears, (God, don’t let it come true) is if this long standing wealth of information can be erased from history, is our game next on the list? Seriously, it really, really seems a possibility now.

Momscar, I agree with everything you said. I haven’t posted much here lately because I have a very disabling chronic illness that severely limits my energy, and posting takes energy that I usually need for survival activities. But I’ve continued to read the posts regularly, and I’ve benefited enormously from all the information that’s provided here—and the community I feel a part of, even when I’m not posting often. I can’t deal with any of the other platforms Nick mentioned, so this is a huge loss for me. I’m devastated.