Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Use the official blog post would be my recommendation, pretty much a copy of the post that is on the forums.

https://clashofclans.com/blog/releas...14-update.html
    lovely. Thankyou very much

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I know I've poked fun at reddit in the past and I know the platform isn't the same as these forums. But it IS a viable alternative where I've engaged in some pretty good discussions there. I'll be shifting my daily forum activity to reddit with regards to discussions with the community. I've enjoyed doing AMA's there, I will generally post update patch notes, Clan Games rewards, and general information as needed.
    This is an important takeaway, thank you for clarifying that.

I will do my best with Reddit, my biggest problem aside from being flooded with memes and "personal accomplishments" by the kiddies is it seems to be where a lot of toxic people that were banned here have landed. I suppose I can downvote them, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I don't see the quality there that I do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Believe me, my friend, many a table were flipped out of rage in the office by me. Actually, in all honesty, I was pretty unapproachable by anyone after the decision was made. I don't get angry often, nor do I get stressed at all. But this decision made me both angry and stressed. Angry because I felt it was taking an historical part of Clash history away, and stressed because I understand how much this platform means to all of you.
    With what I know about the sophistication and utility of Nordic furniture design, I assume the table was reversible, and when you flipped it legs folded out the other side and it looked like nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    Reddit is literally full of memes (yes, I mean the r/clashofclans subreddit).

Is there a way categorize the posts in "Memes", "Strategy", "Recruitment" and "Ideas and Feature Requests"?

Or is there a way to find "new posts" since your last visit?
    To find new posts, just sort the subreddit by ‘New’.

As for categorising/filtering posts, I explain it here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12805943

Quote Originally Posted by TheGneissRock View Post
    To find new posts, just sort the subreddit by ‘New’.
    Just to expand on this as someone who has used forums and Reddit a lot over the years, the "new posts" in forum terms here refers to "new threads". This doesn't work like the "new posts" section on forums that shows you everything since your last visit.

Reddit doesn't tend to have long running "threads" with people contributing over days, weeks or months, unless they are stickied. OG forum users may see this as a bad thing, but it often helps move topics along rather than the same topic going round and round in circles, which can happen with long running forum threads. I wouldn't say this is better or worse, it's just different. Once you get used to it, it feels less alien.

Filtering posts on the sub-reddit will help remove a lot of the low quality content and the "meme weekend" rules (no memes during the week) is big contributor to helping filter out a lot of the annoying low quality content that people have identified in this thread. Unfortunately, that doesn't remove the same ideas being posted time and time and time and time and time again each day, but after a short stay there, you'll quickly spot which posts/threads to scroll on past to help prevent getting frustrated.
    Clash Ninja - Upgrade and Stats Tracker
    https://www.clash.ninja - Forum Thread

Quote Originally Posted by toplist View Post
    Wow, I first joined the forums in January 2014!

But only made 27 posts. Nevertheless the forums have been a big part of my (now ended) Clash journey. Thanks so much to everyone who did post all the useful and entertaining stuff on here, it has been great.

Good-bye 
    Apparently, it's users like you and me, who only lurk and rarely post, is not the demographic they measure success. SC only make decisions on users who engage. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
    Apparently, it's users like you and me, who only lurk and rarely post, is not the demographic they measure success. SC only make decisions on users who engage. Oh well
    Sadly, you have a point.

I would ask Darian, in all seriousness (and I don't think I have seen an answer here) - will there be a method to suggest QoL or (indeed anything else) improvements outside of AMA on reddit?

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    Sadly, you have a point.

I would ask Darian, in all seriousness (and I don't think I have seen an answer here) - will there be a method to suggest QoL or (indeed anything else) improvements outside of AMA on reddit?
    In game help & support - contact us there you can share feedback (ideas), report bug

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    In game help & support - contact us there you can share feedback (ideas), report bug
    Sadly I am not hopeful for what I presume is an outsourced support function

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

Warriors are OP
    Well I predicted this would eventually happen after boom beach closed forum. first global and now this gone, since I don’t do Reddit, once my current clan dies, clash will join boom beach in things I left behind
    I had a signature once. then I misplaced it
    signature

Wow so sad. I don't post as much as I should but I read alot of the forum posts.
    I have checked out most of the options listed and I must say that all the alternatives fall short compared to the forum.
    I am sure I am not alone when I say I will miss the awesome members that come here to share their thoughts and insight of the games.
    Cheers everyone I hope to cross paths with you all again.
    GODS of death