Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Why has Supercell stopped promoting the forums over the years then? You guys promoted other platforms over the years at the expense of this one and you point to those declining numbers like it wasnít to be expected by doing those things.
    I've noticed this as well, but I wonder whether this is a lagging indicator rather than a leading one.

I think this format (the bulletin board style of forum) speaks to me due to my age. I finished college in the late 90s as the whole internet thing was taking off. In the 2000s, before Facebook was ubiquitous, this style of forum was very common, you could find one on almost any topic (I suspect usenet users at the time grumbled about this shift, as usenet became less popular in the process, but I digress). I had great times in old Boston Celtics forums, and made some IRL friends in the process I still talk to on occasion.

Then, late 2000s Facebook and Twitter took off. The kids finishing school now have grown up with social media, and I think the Reddits and Discords speak to them more, as they have more of a social media-like aspect to them. Of course there are exceptions up and down the board, but I would guess this holds mostly true. I know I was surprised at how many people on the forum seemed to be around my age and older.

Yes, you could make the argument that SC stopped promoting the forums and that slowed down traffic, but you could also make the argument that SC saw more traffic going towards Reddit/Discord/Twitter and started putting more focus there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I've noticed this as well, but I wonder whether this is a lagging indicator rather than a leading one.

I think this format (the bulletin board style of forum) speaks to me due to my age. I finished college in the late 90s as the whole internet thing was taking off. In the 2000s, before Facebook was ubiquitous, this style of forum was very common, you could find one on almost any topic (I suspect usenet users at the time grumbled about this shift, as usenet became less popular in the process, but I digress). I had great times in old Boston Celtics forums, and made some IRL friends in the process I still talk to on occasion.

Then, late 2000s Facebook and Twitter took off. The kids finishing school now have grown up with social media, and I think the Reddits and Discords speak to them more, as they have more of a social media-like aspect to them. Of course there are exceptions up and down the board, but I would guess this holds mostly true. I know I was surprised at how many people on the forum seemed to be around my age and older.

Yes, you could make the argument that SC stopped promoting the forums and that slowed down traffic, but you could also make the argument that SC saw more traffic going towards Reddit/Discord/Twitter and started putting more focus there.
    I think it is both. As the popularity of social media like Facebook and Twitter grew, SC found other ways to hit more people with an announcement. That reduced the need for people to come here, which only encouraged SC to give this place less attention and continue to issue announcements on social media. With the numbers trending that way, it probably also discouraged them from giving "forum exclusive" content or "forum first" content. That of course would only cause the numbers to tip even further away from the forums.

When it comes to issuing an announcement, sneak peak, etc., I do think Facebook/Twitter and in-game is just as good if not better than here. I will have no problem getting that information. The problem is there is no way to have a decent discussion after that. Not only is the discussion itself interesting, it often reveals information that was not specified or clear in the official announcement.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I've been around awhile, lurking and rarely posting. I do like this layout much more than reddit. Also reddit, in the case of other CoC games, just seems to be a place for constant posting of memes. Too bad the forums are closing but yeah I can see why do to traffic

Funny, looking back thru this thread, and only one member who is still posting here that's been here longer than me and it's a mod lol. Maybe some older members will catch wind of the closure and post again

Thankyou all forum people for all the replies and information and also thank to mods
    I have not communicated much here but always got good responce

higgsbosons
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    When it comes to issuing an announcement, sneak peak, etc., I do think Facebook/Twitter and in-game is just as good if not better than here. I will have no problem getting that information. The problem is there is no way to have a decent discussion after that. Not only is the discussion itself interesting, it often reveals information that was not specified or clear in the official announcement.
    Pretty much on point. SC favors announcement channels with full control over the content over discussions now.

Well it is what it is farewell forums. Will miss some of the forum mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    Community? Is this the community which is being deleted in a few months? Yes, we do deserve better.
    1000 times this. We most certainly do deserve better then this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but Clash's numbers are at the highest they've been since 2015.

burst a bubble? you havenít burst anything unless SC is willing to release their numbers proving something which they have not done since what, 2016?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #219
    Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Why has Supercell stopped promoting the forums over the years then? You guys promoted other platforms over the years at the expense of this one and you point to those declining numbers like it wasnít to be expected by doing those things.

I'm curious in what way we haven't promoted the forums. All of our Patch Notes posts, multiple tweets and Facebook posts, Player Support, all refer players to the forums. We've done multiple competitions on our social media channels for Forum suggestions, etc. The only platform we've promoted more is our YouTube channel. We've engaged more on the Forums than any other platform. Heck, posting on the forums has been my honor and privilege to be able to chat with all of you, but it has the smallest reach out of all of our platforms.

Unfortunately, forums are an outdated medium as gamers and media savvy players gravitate towards more recognizable platforms like reddit, Twitter, Discord, etc. When we announced our forum closure on social media, there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums?"

I once said they'd have to pry these forums from my hands. And believe me, Nick (Hay Day CM) and I fought with every single argument we could explore. We looked at every option including the possibility of paying for the forums out of our own pockets (which of course is a quite unrealistic expectation).

Like I said, if it were just outdated security we'd happily just change platforms. But for just a few hundred daily active people across ALL Supercell forums there's no winning outcome from this unfortunately.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    ...But the main factor behind this decision is a simple problem of numbers. Looking at Forum activity over the past 4 years, the amount of daily usage has continued to drop while activity on our other channels continues to rise. This shows a clear preference which platforms our players use to communicate with us. A recently reviewed report of daily forum activity spanning the past few years shows a drastic decrease in the amount of daily activity, number of new posts, and number of daily conversations.
    I think both Nick and Darian tried their hardest and gave it their all to come up with another alternative to the forum closure. But sadly, our dwindling numbers in the forums worked against the continual existence of the Supercell forums. Here are their reactions when Team Boom Beach closed its subforum in 2018.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847694

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847769
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI