Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Millennial Club
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The answer to how they can do it is because Reddit isnít an official forum so SC can legally get away with it. Whether they should actually refer people to Reddit for a game with a lower age rating like this is a different question.
    This is another example of the law of unintended consequences.

The EU laws are designed Or at least intended to protect privacy of individuals and avoid data theft, etc. The consequence is increased costs to companies so that they end up shutting things down and people go to sites where their data is even more at risk. Sad result from good intentions.

The answer to how they can do it is because Reddit isnít an official forum so SC can legally get away with it. Whether they should actually refer people to Reddit for a game with a lower age rating like this is a different question.
    This site itself indicates otherwise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacCoinnich; 1 Day Ago at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacCoinnich View Post
    This site itself indicates otherwise.
    I don’t know what your link is to, but perhaps my language wasn’t clear: I meant to say Reddit isn’t official SC forum. It is a forum, but it isn’t run by SC. They don’t own it, build it, maintain it, employ anyone to work on it, etc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    I don’t know what your link is to, but perhaps my language wasn’t clear: I meant to say Reddit isn’t official SC forum. It is a forum, but it isn’t run by SC. They don’t own it, build it, maintain it, employ anyone to work on it, etc.
    It was referred to the official channel for Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Clash Royale on Reddit As far as I can tell, the team running these subreddits are not players only, unlike Clash and Hay Day where Supercell has no say in how it is run.

Feel free to correct

If we've now got to rely on Twitter for announcements, you've got to make one Twitter account that's only hard info for actual players, with no whatever you call cutesy nothings, esport news,...

I learned about the summer update from the forums, because CoC's Twitter is so full of erm... crud, that I tune it out.

Edit Etiquette in push vs pull is different. Forums are pull, I go there when I want, I can quickly zero in on what I find interesting. Twitter is push, stuff flies by quickly you got to be there 24x7. Polluting Twitter is much worse than polluting Forums, and you're self-polluting (plus it pollutes itself energetically and is as a baseline way worse than forums). Don't add insult to injury, KTHXBYE.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; 16 Hours Ago at 06:44 AM.

Also, can someone tell the guys running the Discord server that calling the Clan Games News folder "miners network" makes no sense and is user-hostile ? I haven't looked much further...

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    If we've now got to rely on Twitter for announcements, you've got to make one Twitter account that's only hard info for actual players, with no whatever you call cutesy nothings, esport news,...

I learned about the summer update from the forums, because CoC's Twitter is so full of erm... crud, that I tune it out.

Edit Etiquette in push vs pull is different. Forums are pull, I go there when I want, I can quickly zero in on what I find interesting. Twitter is push, stuff flies by quickly you got to be there 24x7. Polluting Twitter is much worse than polluting Forums, and you're self-polluting (plus it pollutes itself energetically and is as a baseline way worse than forums). Don't add insult to injury, KTHXBYE.
    Book mark the blog page to get the needed information.

https://clashofclans.com/
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Book mark the blog page to get the needed information.

https://clashofclans.com/
    Nice ! Thanks !