Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    Why don’t you want to use a vpn?
    What if people keep their VPN open, and then also use Clash of Clans - they can create problems for their accounts....

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I personally prefer quality over quantity, my good sir!

I have serious doubts that the “community” Facebook has equals to the community we have/had here. Or any community at all for that matter, as for me, hitting a like button on a meme doesn’t count as community.

Edit:

As it was said before, all of us can go for announcements somewhere else, but there’s no other place for the discussions that took place here.
    Quality over quantity, indeed!

I have serious doubts that the “community” Facebook has equals to the community we have/had here. Or any community at all for that matter, as for me, hitting a like button on a meme doesn’t count as community.

Edit:

As it was said before, all of us can go for announcements somewhere else, but there’s no other place for the discussions that took place here.
    I agree we shouldn’t compare the number of users in the social media sites to here because they do different things. There is no discussion on Facebook... However, I think Ajax is referring to the number of players that use the forums out of all the players. That makes the forums look pretty insignificant, though that analysis has some flaws too.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Thanks for that - I clicked to follow - Darian not super active there but might be all we get.

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post

Lethal Relic - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think Ajax is referring to the number of players that use the forums out of all the players. That makes the forums look pretty insignificant, though that analysis has some flaws too.
    I can respect that.

However, if they're (not Ajax of course, I mean SC) going to show numbers, why don't they show numbers of other "platforms"; let's use FB as an example here: how many people actually post every day, as opposed to how many people liked/followed the page and never returned once. I did that for instance, liked the page who knows how long ago, and today was the first time I checked it for the sole purpose of writing this post. Am I member of the Facebook "community" then? Do I count towards those 23,M people (a number that is supposedly growing)? I think I do...

Moreover, let's check the last five posts of official Clash of Clans on Facebook:

22 hours ago - Spot the difference: 2,6k likes, 662 comments, 63 shares
    6th of May - Lightning spell mastery: 1,1k likes, 310 comments, 39 shares
    3rd of May - Eye of the tiger: 5,1k likes, 654 comments, 53 shares
    2nd of May - Clash of Clans new season: 1,9k likes, 674 comments, 45 shares
    1st of May - Jungle Warden: 4,7k likes, 1,8k comments, 176 shares.

I know I can't know how many people have seen those posts, but the numbers above show how many people interacted with them. For a "platform" that's got almost 24 million followers, I'd expect a lot more to be honest. What's more, even the times a post has been "seen" by people can be argued because the way FB works, as you're shown posts you didn't search for unless you block the notifications / remove it from your feed MANUALLY. I could go on, but I'd repeat myself.

Now to compare with the forums:

5 days ago - Important announcement: 545 replies,
    3 weeks ago - Townhall 14 bug discussion thread: 452 replies.
    4 weeks ago - Spring 2021 update: 334 replies,

Not bad, if you ask me, for a community that's got less than 2 million registered members (less than 10% out of FB followers), out of which only 2500 are active... And we all know that those numbers could be built up almost effortlessly if SC just wanted to invest a bit of energy and marketing into it, even if they had to make new forums from the scratch.

Which is another thing I hate about the whole situation here: Instead of going down the path of: "Hey guys, we want to save the forums and we'd love to hear from you, our most seasoned community, what do you think can be done, your input is important for us", they went for "We're closing down the forums, deal with it, go watch memes on Reddit or feel free to leave a like on FB."

But I guess it all comes down to an old saying: If you want to do something, you look for a way, if you don't want to do something, you look for a reason...

(sorry about a bit salty, long post)
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 9th, 2021 at 01:31 PM.

Edit:

I said this very thing a few days ago on this thread, I still believe it today, there is not another place that has the same value as the Forum for getting the type of quality conversations

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree we shouldn’t compare the number of users in the social media sites to here because they do different things. There is no discussion on Facebook... However, I think Ajax is referring to the number of players that use the forums out of all the players. That makes the forums look pretty insignificant, though that analysis has some flaws too.
    the biggest problems with numbers is that they can be manipulated. I see on average FB gets about 400 comments initially, the majority of them being, “bring back global”, “help me with my account”, etc etc, there is no discussion there. Reddit is a jumbled mess of memes and more of the same, Discord has how many people, maybe 1k by the time all is said and done, again unsupported and run by people with albeit good intentions, still not connected to SC so will not be controlled in a manner the same as the Forum.

the Forum could have merit if SC desires it to be so, put the link back in, make the Forum exclusive to leaks/peeks and treats and ramp up security, heck hire some smart people if you have to to run it, (not me because I don’t know how) but there are some here that seem to know what to do, get Galadon and the rest to work their Forum youtube magic…….. bingo bongo Bob’s your uncle

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #547
    Absolutely.

I was just responding to the previous poster talking about a massive part of thecommunity.

Edit:

I don't think there is anywhere similar

I'm trying both discord and reddit, but neither of them have a a similar structure.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm trying both discord and reddit, but neither of them have a a similar structure.
    I actually tried Discord when I was playing different game (won't mention it) throughout my CoC break, and within one year, I couldn't get used to it, it's just too confusing for me. I keep trying to tell myself it's not because I'm getting old, but it might be that

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #549
    I actually tried Discord when I was playing different game (won't mention it) throughout my CoC break, and within one year, I couldn't get used to it, it's just too confusing for me. I keep trying to tell myself it's not because I'm getting old, but it might be that
    With discord, you usually just see a stream of posts, with no real structure at all. Which does make it very difficult to have a discussion about something unless it is the only thing being talked about.

Reddit does have threads, but no easy way to find new posts within them, as each comment will appear under the one it is responding to.

Banned
    With discord, you usually just see a stream of posts, with no real structure at all. Which does make it very difficult to have a discussion about something unless it is the only thing being talked about.
    Precisely this, I guess I'm just too used to follow up where I left off when I write something. Usually, by the time I got back to the discussion, another one was taking place. I did like the group voice chats though.

Reddit does have threads, but no easy way to find new posts within them, as each comment will appear under the one it is responding to.
    Precisely why I tried to go there twice and never again.