Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 868

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

  1. #511
    Centennial Club 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Bmille3 posted his own goodbye here, originally in a seperate thread, and then followed that up with a reply that said, "F forums" which I removed.

    Edit: He created a countdown thread for the deletion of his alt forum account last May / June and then baited the forum with it. So, rule no.8 if any reason is required for his departure.

    You also do not see the threads he has posted which have been removed.

    You also do not see the threads he has inappropriately tagged with his own name which we have subsequently removed.

    In the time it has taken me to write this reply he has been banned by another moderator for multiple rule breaches.

    So, it is not about me loving being a moderator.

    Rather it is about moderators being in the, at times, unenviable position of having to enforce Supercell's rules and then taking heat for enforcing those same rules. All the while knowing that members do not see the half of what we put up with, what we let people away with and the, sometimes lengthy, discussions we have around members and their behaviour.

    I am not ashamed to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a forum member, as a GASP and then as a moderator. I have given my own time freely and would be happy to continue doing so given the opportunity.

    Again, this is about the loss of a community rather than the loss of an individual.
    So, moderator actions are up for discussion now? Only when it serves the purpose of transparency from a moderator’s point of view?

    I truly believe the intent is well-meant, and transparency is a good thing if allowed freely to all, but that isn’t the rule here from my understanding. (edit to add) the vocal minority can have dramatic effect from all sides unfortunately.

    I think the majority of the members here can say that the majority of the moderation here has been fantastic. However just like in all things perfection is unattainable, from all sides involved.

    I will very much miss having the forums as my ‘go to’ for accurate information that goes well beyond the quick blurb posted in-game. I will not be weeding through all the random posts on Reddit when my clan mates and myself have questions that need answering. This place has been a valuable resource to me and I will miss it. Truly a shame in my old and dusty opinion.
    Last edited by 23skidoo; May 8th, 2021 at 01:35 AM.

  2. #512
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    I said I deleted before I read your reply. I know if you have it to reply to it is still there. Changing my words again.

    The problem is it exists. As I have always said it was a drain on dev resources. That has been agreed to by many. And it is truth.

    Its creation really hurt the main base.
    I think we kind of found balance in one of my responses to a why is bh hated thread. Would have been fun to debate further beyond a tentative detante. Unfortunately, a storm is coming. The refuges seem to be made of paper.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #513
    FORUM HISTORIAN LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    I always wanted to be a mod...
    "Power is never granted to those who seek it." --Ser Gacity
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

  4. #514
    Forum Champion Martvol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I think we kind of found balance in one of my responses to a why is bh hated thread. Would have been fun to debate further beyond a tentative detante. Unfortunately, a storm is coming. The refuges seem to be made of paper.
    Thanks for that Piper.
    My original comment in this thread was an attempt at a joke. On reflection, I did think it a little bad and I deleted it. Not soon enough obviously and a (yeah that kind of) show developed.
    If read with your last part that I quoted i hope the (highly possibly ill conceived) joke shows up.

  5. #515
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Thanks for that Piper.
    My original comment in this thread was an attempt at a joke. On reflection, I did think it a little bad and I deleted it. Not soon enough obviously and a (yeah that kind of) show developed.
    If read with your last part that I quoted i hope the (highly possibly ill conceived) joke shows up.
    I'm guessing we are all on the raw edge and trying to find a way to deal. Unfortunately, we are all human and stuff will fly. Please assume I'm not as rational as I'd like to be and I'll try to do the same. Id much rather have a debate forum than the alternatives.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Bmille3 posted his own goodbye here, originally in a seperate thread, and then followed that up with a reply that said, "F forums" which I removed.

    Edit: He created a countdown thread for the deletion of his alt forum account last May / June and then baited the forum with it. So, rule no.8 if any reason is required for his departure.

    You also do not see the threads he has posted which have been removed.

    You also do not see the threads he has inappropriately tagged with his own name which we have subsequently removed.

    In the time it has taken me to write this reply he has been banned by another moderator for multiple rule breaches.

    So, it is not about me loving being a moderator.

    Rather it is about moderators being in the, at times, unenviable position of having to enforce Supercell's rules and then taking heat for enforcing those same rules. All the while knowing that members do not see the half of what we put up with, what we let people away with and the, sometimes lengthy, discussions we have around members and their behaviour.

    I am not ashamed to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a forum member, as a GASP and then as a moderator. I have given my own time freely and would be happy to continue doing so given the opportunity.

    Again, this is about the loss of a community rather than the loss of an individual.

    I have some more cookies left. Do you want any?

  7. #517
    I am also making some popcorn fellow reader. Tell me if you would fancy some.

  8. #518
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    30.0N
    Posts
    359
    My feelings for the closure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

    If you’d like to follow Clash of Clans on our other social media platforms, please follow and subscribe to the following channels:
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClashofClans
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClashofClans
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clashofclans/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialClashOfClans
    Discord:
    https://discord.gg/clashofclans
    I can't access any of these sites except discord;on discord the process of confirming email address can never be completed for the same reason.
    No one would care for users in mainland China(maybe I am the only one?) here,and the reasons for website bans are complicated.It's not all the Chinese gov's fault as some westerners may think.I can do nothing of it.
    Last edited by sx0941; May 8th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

  9. #519
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    50
    U guys keep eliminating my favorite ways to chat with other clashers. I feel like the next step will be u guys coming to my house and snatching my phone out of my hands. Farewell all, I don't use any of them other alternatives

  10. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
    So, moderator actions are up for discussion now? Only when it serves the purpose of transparency from a moderator’s point of view?
    It isn’t uncommon for moderators to give some insight at times into their decisions. They don’t do it all the time, of course, but I’ve seen it many times over the years. I think this was a good example so people can understand a bit what happens behind the scenes. Some people just logging on and only seeing someone was “banned” may go back and read posts and conclude they were banned simply for disagreeing with a moderator. That’s because they don’t see the stuff removed or the PMs.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •