Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Reddit does have threads, but no easy way to find new posts within them, as each comment will appear under the one it is responding to.
    Hi Ajax!

Just to clear this up: we have comment sorting on Reddit. You can sort by Best/Top for the most upvoted comments, New for the most recent comments and Controversial for the most debated over ones.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #552
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGneissRock View Post
    Hi Ajax!

Just to clear this up: we have comment sorting on Reddit. You can sort by Best/Top for the most upvoted comments, New for the most recent comments and Controversial for the most debated over ones.
    Thanks. I hadn't found that feature yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    With discord, you usually just see a stream of posts, with no real structure at all. Which does make it very difficult to have a discussion about something unless it is the only thing being talked about.

Reddit does have threads, but no easy way to find new posts within them, as each comment will appear under the one it is responding to.
    Honestly I think you are used to the forum interface. Reddit has pretty good sorting tools.

The lack of promotion to this forum by SC in the last couple of years is surely one of the reasons of the decline in active users. Moving coc players to other media which are mainly used to broadcast one way and not to receive feedback is a choice made by SC. Then after a while SC can easily stop this forum because they can say it is hardly used. I'm sad this forum comes to an end.

As reddit is the first other platform mentioned by Darian to move to. I was taking a look how the announcement of closing this forum was received over there. There is consensus on reddit of the other main reason of the decline of this forum. And it's the same reason I got less active here. I do not like reddit as much as I like this forum, but I must admit the nice thing about reddit is: at least all the reasons can be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGneissRock View Post
    Hi Ajax!

That works on mobile app?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    TBH. I think the structure on discord is very confusing since there are no labels on anything. It feels like there are many useless tabs and everything is just unorganised

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Yep!

10chars (lol gonna miss that)

New Bloke/Chick
    This is a bad excuse, after 7 yrs and spending precious life and MONEY now this come up. we got MVP super games that their community STILL runs in forum format like MFF,7knights or thousands more.I think we can see ending of SC. Bye all

How I wish we got a thread discussing about builder base similar to recruitment tool

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I can respect that.

However, if they're (not Ajax of course, I mean SC) going to show numbers, why don't they show numbers of other "platforms"; let's use FB as an example here: how many people actually post every day, as opposed to how many people liked/followed the page and never returned once. I did that for instance, liked the page who knows how long ago, and today was the first time I checked it for the sole purpose of writing this post. Am I member of the Facebook "community" then? Do I count towards those 23,M people (a number that is supposedly growing)? I think I do...

<snip>

(sorry about a bit salty, long post)
    To add on to this point, what about the influence the forums had on the greater CoC community? How many base designs and tutorials were "borrowed" and spread onto other sites and online guides and Youtube tutorials? How much of the forum's early sneak peaks were reposted elsewhere, where they'd gain far more views? What percentage of the in-depth discussion about CoC was done on these forums compared to the other platforms? The forums have been FAR more influential on the greater community compared to other platforms relative to its active users...
    Last edited by DeltaDroid4; May 10th, 2021 at 12:25 AM.

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 12 | PB: 5386 | Donations: 68K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |