Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

It's been a bumpy ride. Thanks for the memories.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    However, as community managers, we also have to look at not just the quality of the discussion but also how do we reach larger amounts of players. So yes, quantity does factor into this equation...it can't be avoided. As messengers of the game teams, we have to look at what is the best way for us to communicate our messages to the widest audiences possible and of all our communication platforms, the forums has the smallest reach. And while the quality of the discussions here is far higher than say Facebook or Instagram, unfortunately comparing quality vs quantity is an equation that doesn't come into the picture.
    I don’t disagree with you that a company, in order make the best business decision must reach its maximum amount of people. What I will disagree with you is how it has been handled.
    There should be a balance (balance, there’s that word again) between quality and quantity, both should be considered in this case. Yes, you must reach the optimum amount of people in order to sell your product that goes without saying, but you could’ve done that through the in game link, this could’ve been promoted better and “forced” (and I use that word loosely) people to join the forum, thereby having hundreds/thousands of people join even if only to lurk. This was removed, it was a very bad decision in my opinion.
    You mentioned what if the Forum never existed, would those conversations had taken place in Reddit? In my opinion that would’ve been highly unlikely as most of the players that carried on, or brought forth those conversations were not adept at using a platform like Reddit, a platform that is not built for such conversations, a platform that I for one will not be joining, not that losing my singular voice will make that much of a difference, but lost none the less.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I don’t disagree with you that a company, in order make the best business decision must reach its maximum amount of people. What I will disagree with you is how it has been handled.
    There should be a balance (balance, there’s that word again) between quality and quantity, both should be considered in this case. Yes, you must reach the optimum amount of people in order to sell your product that goes without saying, but you could’ve done that through the in game link, this could’ve been promoted better and “forced” (and I use that word loosely) people to join the forum, thereby having hundreds/thousands of people join even if only to lurk. This was removed, it was a very bad decision in my opinion.
    You mentioned what if the Forum never existed, would those conversations had taken place in Reddit? In my opinion that would’ve been highly unlikely as most of the players that carried on, or brought forth those conversations were not adept at using a platform like Reddit, a platform that is not built for such conversations, a platform that I for one will not be joining, not that losing my singular voice will make that much of a difference, but lost none the less.

cheers
    I would take that a step further and argue that if it wasn't for the existence of these forums and the ability for people to have in depth discussions of this game, that the game would never have risen to the success it has.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I would take that a step further and argue that if it wasn't for the existence of these forums and the ability for people to have in depth discussions of this game, that the game would never have risen to the success it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post

cheers
    /Gotta spread some...

I don't really have anything to add other than my own grief that the forum is ending. It's hard to quantify how much the forum has been a part of my clash experience. I've come here to learn the game, recruit clan members, get advice, have fun, and see the reaction of the community to facets of the game. I'll miss it. Clan chat has been down for years, then global chat was ended, the forum was really the last place of community in the game for me.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I don't disagree with the sentiments and statements given. The quality of the discussions on the forums has been quite beneficial. There is not a single doubt about that, nor does anyone at Supercell disagree with that statement. Many of the discussions here have made a direct impact on the game.

However, as community managers, we also have to look at not just the quality of the discussion but also how do we reach larger amounts of players. So yes, quantity does factor into this equation...it can't be avoided. As messengers of the game teams, we have to look at what is the best way for us to communicate our messages to the widest audiences possible and of all our communication platforms, the forums has the smallest reach. And while the quality of the discussions here is far higher than say Facebook or Instagram, unfortunately comparing quality vs quantity is an equation that doesn't come into the picture.

Additionally, let's say the forums didn't exist. That would make reddit the next probable location where we would have in depth discussions regarding game topics. It is not outside the realm of possibility that any game-contributing discussions could just have likely taken place there. Once the forums are gone, it's likely reddit will be the source to have back and forth discussions between the Clash team and the community.

As I said, no one is happy with the forums shutting down. None of us are cheering for this, nor are we celebrating it. We're not asking you to be happy about it either. It's ok to be angry/salty/upset/frustrated over it as I share that sentiment with you. I am going to miss everyone's shenanigans here.

But like you, I will find another medium to have discussions with the community, whether it's over reddit, twitter, or any other platforms that may arise in the future and I truly hope you'll join us there even if the platform isn't your favorite one. Having A platform to converse is still better than not having ANY platform for discussion.
    1: Other “platforms” are there for announcing, not discussing things, sugarcoat it as much as you want, there’s no alternative to forums. The purpose of the forums never was to reach/appeal to majority of players, rather it was to gather community of the most dedicated players to chew the game to the bone.

2: I very much doubt any other “platform” would/could have ever achieved what we achieved here. The “what if” is quite as irrelevant as the money from the lottery I might win tomorrow, but I might as well get hit by a meteorite.

3: Reddit will never replace the forums, you know it, we know it, Reddit users know it. That’s why there are people on Reddit and there are people here.

4: The discussions you propose on other platforms are not the ones we can have here. I’m not “dissin’” Reddit, it plays its important role, but that role is far different from the role the forums play.

5: Last but not least, I remember you saying that the forums are not going anywhere and they’d have to take them from the grip of your white-cold fingers. It seems to me, however, that it’s our white-cold fingers that the forums are being taken away from...

Not blaming you personally, I think you’re doing an outstanding job. But I still think the forums can be saved, promoted, brought to light again... Even at this point, decisions can be made to make forums great again (pun not intended), but our cries fall on deaf ears. That, my good sir, is a problem nobody from the upper management wants to deal with...

And if you really need some ideas, all you’ve got to do is to ask, there are far smarter and wiser people here than myself, people who partly made this game where it is today, and you (SC) are simply pointing their fingers towards the door, the same way a bartender does when customers overstay their welcome.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    1: Other “platforms are there for announcing, not discussing things, sugarcoat it as much as you want, there’s no alternative to forums. The purpose of the forums never was to reach/appeal to majority of players, rather it was to gather community of the most dedicated players to chew the game to the bone.

2: I very much doubt any other “platform” would/could have ever achieved what we achieved here. The “what if” is quite as irrelevant as the money from the lottery I might win tomorrow, but I might as well get hit by a meteorite.

3: Reddit will never replace the forums, you know it, we know it, Reddit users know it. That’s why there are people on Reddit and there are people here.

4: The discussions you propose on other platforms are not the ones we can have here. I’m not “dissin’” Reddit, it plays its important role, but that role is far different from the role the forums play.

5: Last but not least, I remember you saying that the forums are not going anywhere and they’d have to take them from the grip of your white-cold fingers. It seems to me, however, that it’s our white-cold fingers that the forums are being taken away from...

Not blaming you personally, I think you’re doing an outstanding job. But I still think the forums can be saved, promoted, brought to light again... Even at this point, decisions can be made to make forums great again (pun not intended), but our cries fall on deaf ears. That, my good sir, is a problem nobody from the upper management wants to deal with...

And if your really need some ideas, all you’ve got to do is to ask, there are far smarter and wiser people here than myself, people who partly made this game where it is today, and you (SC) are simply pointing their fingers towards the door, the same way a bartender does when customers overstay their welcome.
    agreed.

forums only cost between 15-150$ depending on what you use(in my experience, at least) so why would a multibillion dollar company like supercell need to save such a small fund with a large outrage in the community?

Goodbye forums, I know you tried your best, darian.
    Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p

It's funny how my browsers still default to forum.supercell.net as a recommended link after all these years. Going to be a bittersweet goodbye.

Last edited by TheGneissRock; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:34 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #659
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    agreed.

forums only cost between 15-150$ depending on what you use(in my experience, at least) so why would a multibillion dollar company like supercell need to save such a small fund with a large outrage in the community?
    That might be what a small forum costs, running one the size of this forum costs a lot more, but that cost is trivial, and not the reason why these forums are being closed.

It is the time and cost involved in auditing and making them compliant with GDPR and other similar regulations around the world that is the issue.

I (fairly obviously) hate the fact that the forums are going, but I do understand why hey are.

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    Is anyone compiling a list of forum users who have reddit accounts? I would feel a little more at home over there with some familiar names to follow.

https://www.reddit.com/user/-_DOOM_-/