Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

To the few trying Reddit: i actually tried the current browser, the old UI (old.reddit.com), the official app, and I actually currently have settled on the Apollo app (recommended by a helpful member, link to iTunes appstore).

Honestly, the content is not improved, but the app is more readable to me.

The lack of ‘folders’ is what is still puzzling me, so there is no structure within that subreddit: bugs, ideas, comments, memes, OT is all in the same sub. All new subjects pile up. But you can organize by newest, hot, best, etc...

You can (i have not) get the apollo pro upgrade, to get filters... but I am not committed enough to spend. You could then filter by ‘flair’ (or categories), within the subreddit.
    Last edited by PaluEF; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:52 PM.
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    To the few trying Reddit: i actually tried the current browser, the old UI (old.reddit.com), the official app, and I actually currently have settled on the Apollo app (recommended by a helpful member, link to iTunes appstore).

Honestly, the content is not improved, but the app is more readable to me.

The lack of ‘folders’ is what is still puzzling me, so there is no structure within that subreddit: bugs, ideas, comments, memes, OT is all in the same sub. All new subjects pile up. But you can organize by newest, hot, best, etc...

You can (i have not) get the apollo pro upgrade, to get filters... but I am not committed enough to spend. You could then filter by ‘flair’ (or categories), within the subreddit.
    Definitely agree with this on the lack of structure on Reddit. Seems to be mostly memes and unmeaningful content when I followed the link for this, by far does not compare to a dedicated forum like this. Due to the lack of meaningful content and moderation, I'll probably not bother with Reddit or the other channels in the original post here. The closure of the official forum does make me wonder whether there is any correlation with game activity too ...

Ugh.... Just got back from vacation to see this is happening. While I understand the reasoning and totally expected this to happen at some point it still sucks. Especially after what happened to boom beach and clash royale. I hate reddit with a passion so I will not be going there. None of the other platforms are as organized as this one so I don't know where I'll go if anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Honestly I think you are used to the forum interface. Reddit has pretty good sorting tools.
    Reddit does have its tools and certainly serves its purpose. There is a reason why it is so popular.

However, it is in no way a replacement for forums, neither is discord. They both do not provide the functionality a forum can give (which works both ways: forums lack functionality that are strong in reddit and/or discord).

Discord does have one strong point: Posts can be deleted by an admin, but no one can just edit out the parts they do not like

Low forum activity is due to years of minimal interaction between staff and players. And often when that interaction happens is something like a rejected idea or sonething simmilar.

Another reason for low activity is the game itself. Its to much of a burden after a certain "level". Passion goes down. Out of a fun game on the couch i am waging wars in Champions league like a mad man against other mad man. Its not the same, its hard its difderent it is a burden, more then a relaxing game.

I understand the closure. But it also makes me worried about future. Recruitment is still in a verry low experimental stage, far away from being a closed beta system, if you understand me. Dissapearance of forums might push the inability of recruitment even deeper. Not that forums helped much, but it just feels like an aditional step towards that.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Low forum activity is due to years of minimal interaction between staff and players. And often when that interaction happens is something like a rejected idea or sonething simmilar.

Another reason for low activity is the game itself. Its to much of a burden after a certain "level". Passion goes down. Out of a fun game on the couch i am waging wars in Champions league like a mad man against other mad man. Its not the same, its hard its difderent it is a burden, more then a relaxing game.

I understand the closure. But it also makes me worried about future. Recruitment is still in a verry low experimental stage, far away from being a closed beta system, if you understand me. Dissapearance of forums might push the inability of recruitment even deeper. Not that forums helped much, but it just feels like an aditional step towards that.
    I do not agree with you on the interaction argument. There was almost no interaction
    until Darian became Community Manager. His way of communicating and actually answering questions was really welcomed by the community and is still much appreciated.

Some reasons for the decline of activity are already given and some cannot be discussed here. Which is part of the problem.

Reddit is actually quite useful... from an educational standpoint at least.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

I’ve been on Reddit for about a week, trying to give it a chance, and it’s growing on me.

So far am just using the browser, and have two links saved on my favourites tab for quick launch. The first is /new which shows all threads, most recent first. And the second is /comments which shows the most recent comments (vs threads).

It’s not what I’m used to here, but it’s not bad. Figure that if I’d never seen the forums and that was all I’d ever found, I’d be just as used to it now as I am to the forums.

It has it's pros and cons. Pros = all threads within the same section (I can’t remember the last time I looked at anything other than general and infrequently clan wars here). Cons = all threads within the same section . If there was just a way to edit out the humor and personal achievement flairs I’d like it more, but am pretty quickly training myself to scroll past anything with an image in it.

For those of you on the fence, give it a real try for at least a couple of weeks, using the /new link (and maybe /comments as a backup). It's not as easy as the forums but you might end up liking it more than you think!

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    I’ve been on Reddit for about a week, trying to give it a chance, and it’s growing on me.

So far am just using the browser, and have two links saved on my favourites tab for quick launch. The first is /new which shows all threads, most recent first. And the second is /comments which shows the most recent comments (vs threads).

It’s not what I’m used to here, but it’s not bad. Figure that if I’d never seen the forums and that was all I’d ever found, I’d be just as used to it now as I am to the forums.

It has it's pros and cons. Pros = all threads within the same section (I can’t remember the last time I looked at anything other than general and infrequently clan wars here). Cons = all threads within the same section . If there was just a way to edit out the humor and personal achievement flairs I’d like it more, but am pretty quickly training myself to scroll past anything with an image in it.

For those of you on the fence, give it a real try for at least a couple of weeks, using the /new link (and maybe /comments as a backup). It's not as easy as the forums but you might end up liking it more than you think!
    I've had a similar experience. It is OK. On the other hand, I've been spending more time looking at cooking techniques. Spent most of the afternoon Saturday making braised lamb shanks and parmesan risotto. The family felt that was time more well spent than browsing the forum.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I've had a similar experience. It is OK. On the other hand, I've been spending more time looking at cooking techniques. Spent most of the afternoon Saturday making braised lamb shanks and parmesan risotto. The family felt that was time more well spent than browsing the forum.
    Very true! Can’t argue with that at all. (except that now I’m hungry again and I just ate dinner!)