Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 896

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

  1. #741
    Junior Member Dis27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I suspect he is more hoping that it will not just be one person, given the volatility of posts there.

    But I would not expect Darian to use the "hot" sorting (although it is the default) - I would expect he will use the more useful "New" sorting.
    Yes, that's what I meant. The daily number of posts there have and will increase as time passes, especially after this forum closes.

    The issue with checking /new is that can be bothersome. If anyone wills it, they can check every post that gets submitted there. But I imagine that even Darian will get tired if he checks every post, some of which are simple questions that can be answered by the wiki, or asking for advice about something. It does require some effort to skip through the unwanted posts.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #742
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gliese-832c
    Posts
    6,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant. The daily number of posts there have and will increase as time passes, especially after this forum closes.

    The issue with checking /new is that can be bothersome. If anyone wills it, they can check every post that gets submitted there. But I imagine that even Darian will get tired if he checks every post, some of which are simple questions that can be answered by the wiki, or asking for advice about something. It does require some effort to skip through the unwanted posts.
    I actually do sort through both New and Hot threads to see if there's anything I can contribute to the conversation. It's no different than clicking through the threads here. Some threads are useful, some are inane, some are funny, and some bear the seeds of potentially good discussions.

    That is pretty much universal for any discussion platform, not just reddit.

    And no, you're not getting another CM. You're stuck with me. Sorry.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  3. #743
    Junior Member Dis27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I actually do sort through both New and Hot threads to see if there's anything I can contribute to the conversation. It's no different than clicking through the threads here. Some threads are useful, some are inane, some are funny, and some bear the seeds of potentially good discussions.

    That is pretty much universal for any discussion platform, not just reddit.
    I wasn't implying that those kinds of posts are only found at reddit. It's just that compared to the forums, the subreddit has a mix of the "randomness" of discord, and the discussion aspect of the forums. The posts there can be filtered to some extent, but it's more generalized compared to the specific subforums here. Others have also mentioned that posts in reddit are not similar to the forums that can extend for weeks due to bumping of posts.

    I asked about the possibility of another CM because as you have mentioned, reddit can be a viable alternative to the forums. If I'm not mistaken, some of the forum members asked about how and where the game developers and similar CoC employees will receive community feedback. This forum has probably been the main source because of the proper compilation and sorting of whatever discussions are needed. I just wondered if there will be more official members of the game devs that will be checking the subreddit. I also believe that the subreddit can be a source of good discussions, but at the moment it's something that's hard to find and encourage.


    And no, you're not getting another CM. You're stuck with me. Sorry.
    Can we have 2 or maybe 3 of you?

  4. #744
    Forum Legend Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I suspect he is more hoping that it will not just be one person, given the volatility of posts there.

    But I would not expect Darian to use the "hot" sorting (although it is the default) - I would expect he will use the more useful "New" sorting.
    You expected wrong, why keep trying to guess what others think or will do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I actually do sort through both New and Hot threads to see if there's anything I can contribute to the conversation. It's no different than clicking through the threads here. Some threads are useful, some are inane, some are funny, and some bear the seeds of potentially good discussions.

    That is pretty much universal for any discussion platform, not just reddit.

    And no, you're not getting another CM. You're stuck with me. Sorry.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220




  5. #745
    FORUM MOM MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Will be around wherever Smirks are. *Hugs*
    Posts
    1,555
    Why is it that seemingly everyone (when I read through my feed) is picking on everyone else for something or other?

    A very few are happy this is going (those who left long ago and just pop in now to add to the salt being shaken around), many are uncomfortable with one or more of the alternative platforms being discussed. Whatever site (sites) people go to from here, it’s going to be a perhaps uncomfortable adjustment for each of us until we get used to something else. But does it have to be made worse by griping at each other here?

    I’m one of the ones hoping the closure will be later in June so I have time to save things—irl is crazy right now. But I’d like to not see people bickering with each other every time I check in, either.

    Inb4 someone gripes at me about no other platforms being a true alternative. That’s not the point. Can we just realize we’re all facing the same issue—the imminent closure of the forum we prefer—and be nice to each other?

    —Forum Mom

    (One of them, I know there are others)


    Thanks TerM!

    Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

  6. #746
    Forum Contender PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Farming
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I actually do sort through both New and Hot threads to see if there's anything I can contribute to the conversation. It's no different than clicking through the threads here. Some threads are useful, some are inane, some are funny, and some bear the seeds of potentially good discussions.

    That is pretty much universal for any discussion platform, not just reddit.

    And no, you're not getting another CM. You're stuck with me. Sorry.
    To repeat a PSA I posted earlier on the forums (here or any thread about moving to reddit): based on advice from a /u, there are various UI available for reddit, from the browsers (reddit.com, old.reddit.com) to the official app and other 3rd parties.
    For better sorting/filtering, maybe some 3rd parties have better options.
    I am using Apollo which advertises an optional ‘full’ featured for $$.

    I don’t think I will last long with only ‘hot’ and ‘new’ options, but this can help others...
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

  7. #747
    TheGneissRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    rock
    Posts
    4,323
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    To repeat a PSA I posted earlier on the forums (here or any thread about moving to reddit): based on advice from a /u, there are various UI available for reddit, from the browsers (reddit.com, old.reddit.com) to the official app and other 3rd parties.
    For better sorting/filtering, maybe some 3rd parties have better options.
    I am using Apollo which advertises an optional ‘full’ featured for $$.

    I don’t think I will last long with only ‘hot’ and ‘new’ options, but this can help others...
    You can also use the free Reddit Enhancement Suite plugin/extension while accessing Reddit from a laptop or desktop to filter within subreddits.

    Trust me - Apollo and RES filtering saves my sanity sometimes.


    TH14 | Legion o Loons
    Main Account
    -------
    /r/ClashofClans Subreddit | Discord


  8. #748
    Emergency whoapixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Why is it that seemingly everyone (when I read through my feed) is picking on everyone else for something or other?

    A very few are happy this is going (those who left long ago and just pop in now to add to the salt being shaken around), many are uncomfortable with one or more of the alternative platforms being discussed. Whatever site (sites) people go to from here, it’s going to be a perhaps uncomfortable adjustment for each of us until we get used to something else. But does it have to be made worse by griping at each other here?

    I’m one of the ones hoping the closure will be later in June so I have time to save things—irl is crazy right now. But I’d like to not see people bickering with each other every time I check in, either.

    Inb4 someone gripes at me about no other platforms being a true alternative. That’s not the point. Can we just realize we’re all facing the same issue—the imminent closure of the forum we prefer—and be nice to each other?

    —Forum Mom

    (One of them, I know there are others)
    Totally agree, well put. Thank you MommySnooks
    CoC (12/2014) TH Level: 14 Clan Lvl 17: ClantTouchThi5

    ClantTouchThi5 #2U9PRJ0
    Clash Tag# 28QQQ9QPR

  9. #749
    Smirk Be A Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Why is it that seemingly everyone (when I read through my feed) is picking on everyone else for something or other?

    A very few are happy this is going (those who left long ago and just pop in now to add to the salt being shaken around), many are uncomfortable with one or more of the alternative platforms being discussed. Whatever site (sites) people go to from here, it’s going to be a perhaps uncomfortable adjustment for each of us until we get used to something else. But does it have to be made worse by griping at each other here?

    I’m one of the ones hoping the closure will be later in June so I have time to save things—irl is crazy right now. But I’d like to not see people bickering with each other every time I check in, either.

    Inb4 someone gripes at me about no other platforms being a true alternative. That’s not the point. Can we just realize we’re all facing the same issue—the imminent closure of the forum we prefer—and be nice to each other?

    —Forum Mom

    (One of them, I know there are others)
    This is very well said, Snooks. Let's make the last month on these forums a good month. Unfortunately, this is a very busy month, so I can't be as much online as usual (and I would have loved to host one last RPG).

    But again, the one message here: It is what it is

  10. #750
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    118
    Can I get a shout-out reply from Darian before the forum closes? Would love to screenshot it for a memory. Ive been Clashing since 2013!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •