Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    Maybe there is too much bad publicity on the forums, so Supercell is sending it to the shredders.
    All these years, opinions written, thoughts and ideas conveyed, and emotions expressed through words... To be erased out of existence. Nevermore nevermore.
    Not even a headstone to return to. To mark what once was, but is no more. As if to say what happened through the years never happened at all. There will be no tales told, no books written, and no songs sung of these forums. No no off to the shredders it goes.
    Ah, but according to some on Reddit, we just delete all the posts that are against the game, so how could there be bad publicity

George, maybe those posts need more downvotes from the people there for serious discussion.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    George, maybe those posts need more downvotes from the people there for serious discussion.
    These forums used to have thread/post scoring/voting. It got removed for being negative/toxic.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #404
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    So, the problem with forums is that governments have turned their attention to company's user forums data standards. They are threatened with audits. Bloody audits, great in theory, waste of time in practice, rapidly become self serving, sucks the energy of the place but produces a lot of records. I didn't see it coming that this meant they would shut them down. It's far bigger to me that Reddit and Discord especially are uncontrolled safety hazards for kids, they will be next. Absurd that SuperCell will chose to invest in these dubious things, because they have more registered users?!
    Supercell don't really "invest" in those things - and more importantly, they have no responsibility for any data security/protection requirements, those are all down to the operators of those platforms.

I agree totally with you about audits in general, but unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about that

And I know from various things that have happened recently in my own work that the Scandinavian countries generally seem to be way hotter on GDPR type issues than most other places, even within Europe. We have had to make significant changes to how we process/extract data for Norway and Denmark in particular. We don't deal much with Finland at the moment, but I believe they are rather similar in that respect.

Pro Member
    You're effectively attempting to hose down the sun. Good luck with that.

These forums used to have thread/post scoring/voting. It got removed for being negative/toxic.
    I am admittedly still unfamiliar with the nuances of Reddit.

edit: I just realized you’re replying about the forums, but I meant Reddit. There is a up/downvote system over there that raises popular posts and pushes down less popular ones.
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 6th, 2021 at 03:52 PM.

All these talks..... I read but it all feels like beating around the bush. I gently grab the cup and lift it. The steam of coffee makes a lingering effect around the room and sitting next to the fireplace, it shines a mild flickery light with warmth just enough to make me cozy. The top of the cup touches my lip and I gently take a sip of the hot coffee........

I am admittedly still unfamiliar with the nuances of Reddit.
    It's too much of a nuance. Just go there, see the sub with some info I normally like, quit. The discord server's I'm in are much peaceful. I know almost all the active people, and discussions are clear
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

And my point is that the quality of a forum thread is not measured by the number of responses. That thread was perfectly answered, and is a perfect example of the value of this forum. A simple question gets a good answer, without a lot of noise, and remains easily found forever.

Snip
    I'll explain once again, my comment has nothing to do with the quality of the post, the topic or the number of replies, it is there to reference the time stamp of last activity. A few years ago a post that was last commented on 4 days ago would have been pushed down to page 5-6 (for me) maybe even further. It is just is to point out the lack of activity on the forums there once was.
    Last edited by Warios; May 6th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    Those numbers are complete garbage though. You know that. 100k members?! Give me a break, how many daily users do they have. I'm one of those 100k members, I joined the discord 3-4 years ago and have checked in a handful of times since just to see that it's the same indiscernible garbage that global chat was. I don't want to hear 10-13 year olds talking about pokemon on my place to discuss the game. I have enough of that in my other parts of my life.

I understand the idea that SC wants to cut ties with all official places outside of the game itself (because of the government regulations and interference) but don't pretend that something is what it isn't. I'm connected to twitter too, that doesn't mean I actually ever go to the COC twitter account. If you want to provide data that's relevant than use the number of daily active users on the COC discord channels. The problem is you can't because you don't run those. Bottom line is while the numbers you present may look good to investors they are completely misleading to the forum community because you are not comparing apples to apples.

FYI I still haven't gotten past the angry stage.

PS... For the record, I just looked it up. The forums have 1.9 million members if that's the numbers we're using. Which doesn't take into account the number of people who have checked out the forums and never registered as that's not an actual requirement.
    Last edited by SumoSloth; May 6th, 2021 at 03:31 PM.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime